Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser reviews

3.2/5 - 28 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Steareth 21, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Panthenol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Xanthan Gum, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser, 6 Ounce
updated: 06/06/2017 19:26 UTC

Works...then doesn't.
Reviewed on November 22, 2013

It will work well for a week or so, and then it stops working.

Anonymous, New Jersey
Reviewed on July 31, 2012

This was an okay product. I would recommend it as a one-week thing.

Reviewed on June 21, 2012

This product is great if you have redness or irritation on your face or if you just want something that can help to get rid of your zits. It not only calms redness and treats zits with salicylic acid, but it mildly moisturizes.

Reviewed on June 19, 2012

This product for me works for like 2 weeks then stops. Over those 2 weeks though, my face does get less red and acne also, and acne slightly goes away. After it just stops working.

Reviewed on March 9, 2012

It's an okay cleanser. I found that the more I used it the more acne I got. So I would recommend using this product maybe twice a week or so.

Laura, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed on December 16, 2011

I picked up this product after trying countless cleansers ranging from $5 - $50, and this is one of my favourites so far. I've been using it for about three weeks now, and I've noticed a considerable difference. I have naturally dry, sensitive, acne prone skin (which makes finding a good cleanser tough), and though my skin was a bit irritated at first, I kept using it. For the first 1-2 weeks, I did experience a slight initial breakout (probably from the SA), but stuck with it. Now, I do not get new pimples forming and my clogged pores/blackheads seem to be reduced.

The only thing, however, is that since it's redness soothing, I was expecting a bit more from it. I have quite a bit of post acne scarring and redness (especially in my cheeks), and this cleanser did not seem to do much for that.

If you have dry skin, as I do, you'll want to make sure you follow up with a good moisturizer both morning and night.

veronica, new york, ny
Reviewed on August 19, 2011

i have very mild acne and only get a couple pimples on my face, but i wanted to clear them up, so i began using this product. it got rid of my acne in a couple days, and whenever i use it, i rarely have any breakouts. it works well for other people that i've recommended it to as well.

Anonymous, York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed on July 28, 2011

I have very sensitive, but oily skin and i used this every morning for about 3 months. I didn't notice any changes besides the fact that my skin was softer and smoother. It didn't make me break out, but it didn't help either. I believe it would help people with less severe acne. Avoid the eye area, it burns!! I'm finally going to try something different-- neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser. I heard it works much better.

Reviewed on July 7, 2011

This stuff does absolutely nothing. PLEASE just stay away from these silly fruity washes, they will probably never treat you unless you have extremely light acne. I actually believed this would stop a little swelling and resness based off of the product's green color, but boy was I wrong. Made everything worst.

Bella, Tallahassee
Reviewed on June 30, 2011

This is the best acne product I have ever used. My zits are gone and my skin feels really soft. However, in place of the zits there are lots of little tiny clogged pores on my left cheek and around my hairline that are not red or inflamed, I guess they are like blackheads. That's kind of weird, but not very noticeable and surely better than the old acne. I have always had kind of light acne, mostly around my hairline. I live in a very humid climate which usually breeds acne and this product keeps the right amount of moisture in and doesn't make my face shiny or anything.