Page 4 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (Pink Grapefruit) reviews

2.4/5 - 69 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether,Glycolic Acid, Steareth-21, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Panthenol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 6, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Cream Cleanser, Pink Grapefruit, 6 Ounce
updated: 07/31/2014 03:05 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Scrub, Pink Grapefruit, Value Size, 6.7 Ounce
updated: 07/31/2014 03:05 UTC

Reviewed on October 11, 2011

This is probably the worst cleanser i've ever used. The smell is literally the only good thing about it. It actually improved my acne for the first week or so i used it, but after that, i started getting deep, painful zits that would NOT go away. I kept using it for a little longer just to see if it would eventually clear, but after about 2 months, my skin was afwul. The acne was almost like a rash in a way. This could work for someone else, but it did NOT work for me.

Reviewed on September 28, 2011

I've used this product for two weeks thinking it would be nice. I bought it for a reasonable price. But, it has made my acne worse. I've gotten a huge breakout around my mouth and chin! Plus, I got really REALLY dry skin! I'm very sad about this cleanser. :(

Reviewed on September 21, 2011

After using this cleanser my usually oily skin became very dry, red and irritated. It didn't really improve my skin, therefore I stopped using it after about three weeks.

Reviewed on September 7, 2011

This product smells great and is good for removing makeup and other impurities. It's a little drying and the product by itself did not actually help with my acne. This is the case with all Neutrogena washes that I've tried though. I recommend grapefruit seed extract instead if you want to see results in reducing acne and fading scars.

Reviewed on August 14, 2011

I didnt have that bad of acne and I thought hey, why dont I try this since I only need a light wash, its cheap, and it smells good. Well great, I go home and try it every morning and night for the next three days and... well, nothing happens, I guess it was good for getting off my makeup, but other than that, my face wasnt clearing up with the few zits I had. Fourth day rolls around and lone behold HUGE "mosquito" red, puffy bumps ALL over my forehead. I didnt know WHAT was causing this! This was horrible! I check the reviews, look in the mirror, and realize its the wash! I stoped it a couple days ago and the bumps are going down, but OH. MY. GOODNESS! PLEASE! SAVE YOURSELF THE HUMILITY! Baking Soda mask here I come :S

Reviewed on August 7, 2011

Yes if your face is oily, if not DO NOT USE it willl dry it out if its noot already oily

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

this product was being advertised alll over tv. so i though, hey, why not give it a try? i took a trip to my local target and found it on sale, great huh? i couldnt wait to try it. i washed my face before going to sleep, and indeed it did remove excess oil from my face. when i woke up the next day, i used it again and did my daily routine. however, throughout the day, i realized my skin was itchy, flaky and dry. i immediatly put moisturizer on it and left it alone. i washed my face as soon as i was ready to sleep. when i woke up the next day, my face was red and itchy allll over ! i felt as if i was sitting out in the sun for hoursssss. the couple pimples i had turned flaky and white and swollen. its been 2 days since ive stopped using the product, and im still red and flaky all over :/

Reviewed on July 20, 2011

I tried this product because it said that it would take the oil out, but after 1 week using it it cleared my skin like no other!!!

I even used roaccutane before!!

It worked more than great for me!!

Reviewed on July 4, 2011

This product kinda works but I suggest using Noxema pads after using this product and a honey mask so your skin doesn't dry out. My routine: Wash skin with Neutrogena wash twice a day. After I do this, I wipe my whole face with the Noxema pad. I also do this twice a day. I then use a honey mask so my skin doesn't dry out. The honey mask also prevents acne. Honey mask: Use raw honey. Apply all over face. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.

Reviewed on July 3, 2011

I absolutley do not reccomend this cleanser. The acne did stay away and left my face clear, although, the dryness all around my mouth, nose, eyebrows, and chin was just unbearable. Eventually, I had to purchase a moisterizer at an attempt to make the dryness stop. It did make it somewhat better, but not by much. This product was a total dissapointment. The only good thing about it is that it will keep acne away, for me at least. For others I've heard it was a different case. If you are looking for an acne cleanser, I suggest finding one with a lower percentage of salicylic acid. Purchase this product at your own risk if you are prepared to experience extreme drying, peeling, and itching.