Page 2 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (Pink Grapefruit) reviews

2.4/5 - 69 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether,Glycolic Acid, Steareth-21, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Panthenol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 6, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Cream Cleanser, Pink Grapefruit, 6 Ounce
updated: 07/28/2014 15:25 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Scrub, Pink Grapefruit, Value Size, 6.7 Ounce
updated: 07/28/2014 15:25 UTC

Reviewed on March 4, 2013

I have very oily skin.After seeing advertisements, I thought I would try it. I began using this with the Clarisonic, and within one day my skin was dried out. So then I stopped the Clarisonic and just used the wash. It was still very drying. My skin is so oily that I cannot use a moisturizer, but I did use one just on the dry areas. My skin was still peeling after. Not a good product.

Reviewed on December 6, 2012

In terms of spots, this is a bit of a meh product. My OH and I shared (and finished) a bottle in about 3 months. It doesn't make my skin worse or better, but what's stopping me from repurchasing is the smell.

OH is a doctor and is pretty much used to vomit and poo so it didn't bode well when I heard gagging, spluttering sounds the first time it was used in the shower.

If you're not too keen on the smell - and judging by the reviews below it seems to be a bit of a mixed bag - I recommend Garnier Pure Active Wash instead. Does the job for the same price and smells better!

Reviewed on December 5, 2012

good if you want a cleanser but it does not help acne at all

Reviewed on November 5, 2012

Don't waste your time on this one...

Reviewed on October 10, 2012

I used this only a few times per week and let it set for a minute or two before rinsing.

I find that it stays more affective this way! On the other days I wash with Dove face bar or just warm water in the a.m. It loses its affect if you use it 2x/day every day and may dry out your skin.

Reviewed on September 2, 2012

I was disappointed, as I thought this product was really going to help my skin. All it really did was make my skin feel fresh and clean. It didn't get rid of any spots or prevent breakouts at all. My guess is it only works for certain skin types, and obviously not mine as mine is quite sensitive.

But it was quite cheap, so you could try it for yourself if you want, because even thought it did nothing for me, it might help you :)

Reviewed on August 19, 2012

The advertisements really tempted me into buying it. I love the smell of grapefruit, but I can honestly say this is the worst acne treatment I have ever used! I generally like Neutrogena products, but this one gave me a break-out that I haven't seen since I was 14. I instantly through this product out, I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy!

Reviewed on August 8, 2012

You can use it. It does work pretty well, but there are better solutions.

Reviewed on July 29, 2012

I stopped using it for about a month and then I started it again. I stopped because it was drying my skin out. I decided that I would use lotion this time. The lotion wouldn't even help it. To be truthful it dried out my skin so much that it looks like I have a beard. I'm a woman-and I don't want a beard. I have about five or six pimples on my chin plus many black heads. And many going around my head where my hair starts. Probably only because on my hair there all the time. I have a lot of black heads on my nose and no actual pimples. Hope I helped!!