Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash (Pink Grapefruit) reviews

2.5/5 - 74 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether,Glycolic Acid, Steareth-21, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Panthenol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 6, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Scrub, Pink Grapefruit, Value Size, 6.7 Ounce
updated: 10/25/2014 17:38 UTC

Made my acne worse
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

Unfortunate I kept using this stuff hoping that my skin was just going through a "purge" but after 3 months and the acne getting worse not better I finally stopped using it.

not bad, but contains SLS
Reviewed on September 17, 2014

this cleanser is very strange for me.when i looked at the cosdna site, i didn't see any SLS among the ingredients, and when i bought mine,i looked at the back of the bottle and there it was... i don't know,it doesn't dry me out THAT much, just like any other cleanser with sulfates,but oh well...maybe it has a different formula on the european market, a lot of products do. it's not bad and doesn't cause major problems but i will not repurchase.

Pretty good
Reviewed on September 1, 2014

This has helped the redness of my acne stay under control and has helped reduce the acne on my face. It is very drying but a moisturizer will help that. I used it for about a year but I didn't know that using an acne treatment for so long could make your skin "immune" to it. For that year, my skin basically looked the same (except in the beginning where it was reducing). I like this product but It didn't get rid of as much acne as I would've wished.

average
Reviewed on August 15, 2014

i got this wash a couple months ago, and it works, but it dries out my skin like a rice cake, ive found a moisturizer to use with it though. the only thing i dont like is how it gives me a pimple or 2, then other days its like magic. sooo, i really dont know how i feel about it honestly.

Fantastic!!!
Reviewed on August 13, 2014

I have sensitive skin and have light to mild acne. This is my favourite cleanser. Recently, I have tried a few different cleansers as I was trying different ranges of acne treatment which come with their own cleansers. I have had adverse reactions as a result. This has been the most effective cleanser I have ever used. It is not drying, does not darken my skin (I am a pakistani) and does not break me out. It contains salycylic acid which, as far as I am aware, helps with hyperpigmentation marks. It has improved my overall complexion. It has reduced my blackheads and I believe it has helped my marks fade. I use this with Epiduo which was prescribed to be by my doctor and Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser. I used to use the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub but I find that scrubs break me out so I steam my face instead which is necessary due to the drying effect of the Epiduo.

Really ?!!!
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

I was really interested in this product so I went online to check reviews and even though they were mixed reviews , I bought it and was really liking it until it just made my skin horrible and break out everywhere !! I have been using it for 2 months and there has been no improvement ! Also , it really burns and dries your skin . Definitely for light acne and not for sensitive skin !!

A big let down
Reviewed on June 9, 2014

I started using this product because my skin was going crazy, but after a week of using this product my skin seems even worse. Maybe I should try using it for longer, but I got tired of it doing absolutely nothing.

Ineffective
Reviewed on May 10, 2014

First of all, I really have to say that the smell of this product is amazing. However, this was not effective in any way for my skin - I suffer from closed comedonal acne. Overall not worth it.

Big disappointment!
Reviewed on February 25, 2014

I only used this wash for a few weeks. It smells nice, but it did nothing for me. It just made me break out more and I did not help my acne and my breakouts. I don't recommend this product if you have moderately severe acne. If it's light, then go for it.

Kind of works..
Reviewed on February 2, 2014

At first when i started using this, it cleared up alot of my acne.. but then when you continue use it leaves scarring, and you break out even more!! Yes, it makes your skin feel tight, but in the long run it sucks.. I've been using this for about 5 months now and no results.