Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser reviews

3.4/5 - 62 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment).

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Steareth 21, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Panthenol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Xanthan Gum, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser, 6 fl oz
updated: 10/21/2014 08:25 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser, 6 Ounce
updated: 10/21/2014 08:25 UTC

Bad product
Reviewed on April 20, 2014

After using this product for about two weeks red hard pimples that hurt and were big were on my cheeks and chin

After I stopped using it it became smaller.

Does anyone think the bar of dove soap is good to wash with?

I have all red pimples big and small only on my cheeks and chin and nose and tried everything!!

Someone like me please help!

by Arianator on 07/30/2014 00:59
Ugh I have the same problem!! Try a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil or African black soap because it will calm the skin . african black soap is good for acne scars and breakouts
Love this product!
Reviewed on February 23, 2014

I adore this product! I use this product twice a day both morning and night, and even though it is gentle it works really good. I have oily/acne prone skin and it is not too drying for my skin. After one use of washing my face with this, my face was so soft, and it does everything it says on the bottle

Reviewed on April 8, 2013

This is probably my favorite cleanser right now. When I use it, I cover my entire face and leave it on for at least a minute in the morning, maybe three minutes at night (almost like a mini mask). It makes your skin feel tingly, in a good way! I used this with my Proactiv Solution system, and found that it worked even better together. Also, this product seemed to hydrate my skin, not dry it out like others mentioned. My skin felt so smooth after the first use, I was shocked. Really, I think it is worth a try.

Reviewed on January 5, 2013

I do not reccomend this product because after 2 weeks of use I saw no results!! Just more pimples!!

Reviewed on August 2, 2012

I absolutely live this product. It work wry well, I had Brocken out, and after the first use, I saw a difference.

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

i love this product

it is not expensive

its is very smooth on my face

when i use it i can feel it working

i really like the smell

the bottle last a long time

it is easy to get

Reviewed on April 10, 2012

This product has been a great help for my skin. I recently stopped accutane because it was making contact lense use uncomfortable, and I started using this after noticing some pimples popping up. It cleared them in about a week. I have been using it in conjunction with OXY deep cleaning acne pads and Complex 15 facial moisturizer and it has been working pretty well. I have noticed a decrease in blackheads and one time I could actually squeeze them all out for once without new ones filling their place within a day or two.

Different people have different skin types which means they'll react differetly to products than others. I would recommend trying it and if it doesn't work, try something new.

Reviewed on April 8, 2012

I was running out of my clearasil ultra daily face wash and when going to CVS it was not there. I previously did research and knew this was supposed to be good. I hesitantly bought it, plus it was cheaper. My clearasil Ultra Wash never cleared my skin without using a leave on treatment; it just made the leave on work better, but without that it just made my skin look pretty, clean and glowy. I never expected something you wash off to actually work in riding acne; I was so wrong. My skin was now oily being summer now, and that was making me break out again; I knew I needed something different anyways because Clearasil Ultra face wash was not working anymore. I tried this at night right after my noxzema face wash (I think my acne washes work better on clean skin/ plus my skin is oily in the summer, don't do this if you have dry/ sensitive skin). I loved the smell, consistancy, and when washing it off it felt like a film on my skin; washing thouroughly gets rid of it. It could have been supposed to stay on to fight acne, but I like clean feeling skin (I don't want to risk clogging my pores). I saw a diff. that very night (I used NO leave on's, just the 2 face washes to see how it really worked). When I woke up I promise you that my pimples was half way gone (I don't have acne just a few small pimples; yes I used to have light acne, but with good care its gone). I used it again this morning after my noxzema original face wash and I am not noticing any dryness or irritation. When I use my noxzema I only use a little to get the oil and dirt off my face; I know this has been making my acne washes work better. If you have oily skin this routine will do wonders for you. If you have dry or sensitive skin I would stick to just the neutrogena oil free acne wash morning and night. Tip: On your first washes use a small amount to avoid irritation. Skin does adjust to products overtime. Bottom Line- Love this, will forever use, and Ill make an updated review with the same name.

Reviewed on March 22, 2012

Made my face break out with over 7 pimples in two days. I just bought the clean and clear advantage control kit and within one hour of its use my face already began to look better, howver it's a bit pricey. usually neutrogena products work really well, except for this one! However, the grapefruit products from neutrogena work great! Bottom line is DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT!

Reviewed on December 21, 2011

i overall liked it pretty well