Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By simplypnay on 10/28/2011
thumbnail

i think this product works well but would be best for people with light to moderate acne versus people like me who have moderately severe-severe acne..

Pros:
  • leaves skin feeling clean and soft
  • cleared up acne within 2 months
  • works well with oily skin
  • love the texture of the cream cleanser
  • smell isnt to bad
Cons:
  • didnt help prevent new acne from forming as well as i'd like

23 out of 35 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment).

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Steareth 21, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Panthenol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Xanthan Gum, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Menthol, Yellow 5 Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser, 6 fl oz
updated: 04/17/2014 07:27 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser, 6 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 07:27 UTC

Member reviews

“Love this product!”
By on

I adore this product! I use this product twice a day both morning and night, and even though it is gentle it works really good. I have oily/acne prone skin and it is not too drying for my skin. After one use of washing my face with this, my face was so soft, and it does everything it says on the bottle

Pros

• Gentle yet effective
  • Gets rid of dirt and oil
  • Makes skin soft use one use

Cons

• none
  • for a few months
  • $ 5.27
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is probably my favorite cleanser right now. When I use it, I cover my entire face and leave it on for at least a minute in the morning, maybe three minutes at night (almost like a mini mask). It makes your skin feel tingly, in a good way! I used this with my Proactiv Solution system, and found that it worked even better together. Also, this product seemed to hydrate my skin, not dry it out like others mentioned. My skin felt so smooth after the first use, I was shocked. Really, I think it is worth a try.

Pros

• Evened out skin tone
  • Made my skin feel very smooth
  • Lessened redness and small pimples
  • Saw and felt results within two days!

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 9
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I do not reccomend this product because after 2 weeks of use I saw no results!! Just more pimples!!

Pros

• Smells good
  • Makes your skin feel clean

Cons

• NO results in one day
  • Not even any results in 2 weeks
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 11
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I absolutely live this product. It work wry well, I had Brocken out, and after the first use, I saw a difference.

Pros

• Rid of my pimples in just one day.
  • Gentle.
  • Smells good.
  • Leaves skin refreshed and clean.
  • Salicylic acid is great, more comforting.
  • Moderatley Cheap.

Cons

• Pretty drying but great if used with a moisturizer.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 5.49
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

i love this product

it is not expensive

its is very smooth on my face

when i use it i can feel it working

i really like the smell

the bottle last a long time

it is easy to get

Pros

• works great
  • smells good
  • very smooth
  • does not dry out face

Cons

• nothing
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 4
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product has been a great help for my skin. I recently stopped accutane because it was making contact lense use uncomfortable, and I started using this after noticing some pimples popping up. It cleared them in about a week. I have been using it in conjunction with OXY deep cleaning acne pads and Complex 15 facial moisturizer and it has been working pretty well. I have noticed a decrease in blackheads and one time I could actually squeeze them all out for once without new ones filling their place within a day or two.

Different people have different skin types which means they'll react differetly to products than others. I would recommend trying it and if it doesn't work, try something new.

Pros

• Clears up minor pimples and helps reduce blackheads
  • Tube lasts you a long time

Cons

• Can be drying if you use it too often or apply too much, especially without a moisturizer
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was running out of my clearasil ultra daily face wash and when going to CVS it was not there. I previously did research and knew this was supposed to be good. I hesitantly bought it, plus it was cheaper. My clearasil Ultra Wash never cleared my skin without using a leave on treatment; it just made the leave on work better, but without that it just made my skin look pretty, clean and glowy. I never expected something you wash off to actually work in riding acne; I was so wrong. My skin was now oily being summer now, and that was making me break out again; I knew I needed something different anyways because Clearasil Ultra face wash was not working anymore. I tried this at night right after my noxzema face wash (I think my acne washes work better on clean skin/ plus my skin is oily in the summer, don't do this if you have dry/ sensitive skin). I loved the smell, consistancy, and when washing it off it felt like a film on my skin; washing thouroughly gets rid of it. It could have been supposed to stay on to fight acne, but I like clean feeling skin (I don't want to risk clogging my pores). I saw a diff. that very night (I used NO leave on's, just the 2 face washes to see how it really worked). When I woke up I promise you that my pimples was half way gone (I don't have acne just a few small pimples; yes I used to have light acne, but with good care its gone). I used it again this morning after my noxzema original face wash and I am not noticing any dryness or irritation. When I use my noxzema I only use a little to get the oil and dirt off my face; I know this has been making my acne washes work better. If you have oily skin this routine will do wonders for you. If you have dry or sensitive skin I would stick to just the neutrogena oil free acne wash morning and night. Tip: On your first washes use a small amount to avoid irritation. Skin does adjust to products overtime. Bottom Line- Love this, will forever use, and Ill make an updated review with the same name.

Pros

• *NEW FORMULA*
  • Does EVERYTHING it says it will.
  • Rids acne etremely fast (results in 1 day).
  • Gentle (I use 2 washes one after another morning and night).
  • Active ingredient is salacylic acid; this is way more friendly to your skin than benzoyl peroxide which dries and irritates even unsensitive skin.
  • Smells good.
  • A little goes a long way.
  • Doesn't dry out skin, but rids oily skin.
  • Works without any other treatments (leave on treatments).

Cons

• *NEW FORMULA*
  • Will not get rid of acne scars, but it never promised that; just wish that it did lol.
  • very light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 6.78
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Made my face break out with over 7 pimples in two days. I just bought the clean and clear advantage control kit and within one hour of its use my face already began to look better, howver it's a bit pricey. usually neutrogena products work really well, except for this one! However, the grapefruit products from neutrogena work great! Bottom line is DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT!

Pros

• Did not dry face to much.

Cons

• Made my face feel dirty and oily.
  • Did nothing to help my skin what so ever.
  • Made me start breaking out after the first.
  • Is one of the worst products I have ever bought, right after proactiv.
  • Definitley would never reccomend this product to anyone.
  • This product in two days made me break out with 7 pimples.
  • for about a week
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i overall liked it pretty well

Pros

• works and leaves skin feeling refreshed

Cons

• doesnt work very fast
  • moderate
  • for about a month

By on

Pros

• leaves skin feeling clean and soft
  • cleared up acne within 2 months
  • works well with oily skin
  • love the texture of the cream cleanser
  • smell isnt to bad

Cons

• didnt help prevent new acne from forming as well as i'd like
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 6.85
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.