Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 02/27/2012
thumbnail

I used this product for a while and I get my usually breakouts on my forehead and t-zone. I wanted to try something else though to get rid of that acne and have been using GM Collin acne complex kit for about 2 weeks, so far it seems to be causing a slight breakout on my cheeks where I normally get no acne, so I may go back to using this Neutrogena System. I believe there's a chance it will work well for many people so I would reccomend it. It did not cause much irritation or any sort of severe breakout on my moderate acne prone skin. I may stick to this product if the new kit doesn't give me better results within a month or causes too much new acne (which I believe may be my skin clearing). The GM Collin was reccomended by my ethnetiscian and is $50 for much smaller bottles where this kit was larger bottle for $20. I'm hoping the new kit works better after a few weeks but I guess more expensive cleansers aren't necessarily better, but we will see. I would definatly not warn anyone to not try this Neutrogena kit, it works well but did not clear my skin enough for me to not want to try other products, but if you're considering trying this kit I would say go for it and see how it effects you for a month or so..

Pros:
  • did not cause breakouts in areas i normally do not breakout
  • not too drying (doesn't burn or tingle)
Cons:
  • somewhat drying
  • still had breakouts
  • still had some large pimples

11 out of 18 people found this review helpful

Skin Polishing Acne Cleanser
0.5% Salicylic Acid.

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Polyethylene, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium-11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Sun Shield Day Lotion
Active ingredients:
7.5% Octinoxate (Sunscreen), 2.94% Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen).

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Butylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract,Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance.

Overnight Acne Control Lotion
Active ingredients:
2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide (Acne Treatment).

Water, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxied, Laureth-4, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA.

Member reviews

By on

I think that once your skin gets used to the product, the results will be great. It may take more time for other people (like for me, it took me 2 weeks to get clearer skin) but the results in the end were good enough to keep me using it.

Pros

• It cleared up my skin really good within 2 weeks and it made my skin smell great.

Cons

• I noticed that I did still break out a bit, and had a large blemish on my chin that quickly faded away since I decided to stick with this system for another week.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 21
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've struggled with acne my whole life. It is such a relief to finally find a product system that I can trust. It's awesome to be able to just wear a little foundation to even out my skin tone, rather than a ton of foundation to try to cover up pimples.

Pros

• This is the only system that has ever truly worked on my skin... and I have tried EVERYthing!

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 19.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

WOULD NEVER BUY AGAIN

Pros

• Well, I liked the sunscreen moisturizer. It's the only thing from this set that I still use.

Cons

• THIS BROKE ME OUT BAD!
  • my face was swollen for 3-4 days! ;[
  • I think the break-out was partly due to the fact that i may be allergic to the BP in one of the lotions.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 20

By on

Absolutely the only acne treatment I have loved & stuck with. It's really easy & I feel that I have come to better understand my skin & prevent major breakouts. Even though I ran out of the Daytime lotion early I picked up the Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 which is a great moisturizer.

Pros

• Nightime solution:Quick on the spot treatment
  • Cleanser: not harsh, doesn't sting or burn
  • Daytime Lotion: Light, not oily

Cons

• I ran out of the Daytime Lotion before the other two. I think because I had to use quite a bit to moisturize my skin.
  • light
  • for about a year
  • $ 20

By on

I've been using this system for about 1 week now. I expected to see some results by this point, but I am disappointed. I have moderate acne and I've been on prescriptions (Benzaclin., Tazorac, Retin-A) that kind of worked but hurt my face. About 6 months ago I stopped using all prescriptions and decided to try over the counter again. I've tried some other Neutrogena products that worked, but not for long. So, I decided to try this acne kit.

The facewash and the acne lotion burn and make my skin red and irritated (even with oil free moisturizer). My skin seems less oily, which is good, but I still have some blemishes. I noticed that some little blemishes I had started to fade quickly with the treatment, but I also have noticed NEW BLEMISHES, including blackheads, which I did not really get many of before.

I'm going to give this kit a few more days to see if anything changes, but I am not optimistic. Thankfully Neutrogena offers a 90 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, which I plan to take advantage of.

I do not recommend this product.

Pros

• Fades some acne quickly
  • Not too overdrying

Cons

• Produced some new blemishes
  • Burns and stings
  • Does not really work
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 24.99

By on

I don't recommend this for people who's skin is very sensitive and prone to dryness.

Pros

• It devoured the acne.
  • the sunscreen was light and fresh.

Cons

• felt as though the cleanser and treatment lotion were very harsh with chemicals. Certain spots on my face lost so much moister that it caused dark spots which are very difficult to cover up with make up.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 25
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Bad product! Smelly, sticky, gross!!!

Pros

• It works ok.

Cons

• It smells really gross, it makes my face itch and sting a bit, i hate the gel texture, the cleanser is really hard to rub into your face. the screw on caps suck.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 25
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the one acne product I've found that actually works for me. I will eventually get tired of paying the $20 a month for it, but when I try something cheaper and break out again I always go back to this product. I think it's well-made, travels easily, and is an overall great product.

**Plus, most of the boxes I've purchased have coupons inside to save $4.00 on the next box you buy, so that helps.

Pros

• Cleanser is exfoliating.
  • BP is a great texture.
  • Sunscreen/moisturizer isn't oily.
  • Found at drugstores/grocery stores.

Cons

• A little pricey.
  • Run out of cleanser waaaay before BP and lotion.
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

When I went on a vacation to California, my skin cleared almost completely. But I don't know if it was the sun, or the treatment. Then, I ran out before I got home and have not gotten it again. I will review again when I get it again.

Pros

• It worked pretty well!

Cons

• It doesn't come with a moisturizer.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 21.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.