Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser reviews

3.5/5 - 19 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine (coconut derived), Decyl Glucoside (corn/coconut/palm kernel), Vegetable Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine (coconut/palm kernel derived), Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (coconut/palm kernel derived), Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract (White Willow Bark), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Bean derived), Sodium Benzoate (*), Fragrance (*).

Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser, 6 fl oz
updated: 07/04/2015 03:42 UTC

oily acne-prone skin
Reviewed on April 18, 2015

It was really drying for the first few weeks but the my skin got used to it. I'm on my second bottle now and i would say it's a good cleanser but i can be a little harsh.

Solid cleanser for oily skin
Reviewed on February 13, 2015

I have been using this cleanser for a while now and I feel like it's gentle enough to use on skin that's being treated with acne medications, but cleans well, removing makeup, oil, etc. It is sometimes a little drying, but I've only noticed that this winter, so I'm considering adding in the Naturals cream cleanser to the mix until the Spring (maybe in the mornings). As other users have said, I wish it was truly all natural and while I personally like the scent, I would prefer fragrance free products.

Slightly too drying
Reviewed on July 30, 2013

This left my face feeling clean and fresh immediately after washing, but later in the day my face would begin to feel tight even without having put on benzoyl peroxide (I am on the Regimen). I think the drying agent must be the salix alba extract, which I had no idea was a natural form of salicylic acid. I chose this product because it was "natural" (not really all-natural) and didn't have any comedogenic ingredients, and also because I usually like Neutrogena products. But I could easily buy a cleanser that is less drying, smells better (the smell was too fruity for my taste), and lathers better as well.

Really like it
Reviewed on July 17, 2013

My skin is usually very red and bumpy, and this cleanser completely smoothed it out. My skin is very oily and this cut through all the oil and makeup, and even made parts of my skin dry, which no other product has been able to do. When used with a light moisturizer, this is perfect for my skin.

Reviewed on March 2, 2013

This product looked attractive for its "natural" qualities. However, it did not feel natural. This product left my face tight, red and irritated which broke me out.

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

When I wash my face in the shower, my entire bathroom becomes consumed with this cleanser's scent and it lingers for a while. I had to stop using it after 2 days because it absolutely parched my skin - it was as if i put rubbing alcohol on my face... very tight and dry. Went back to my old cleanser.

Reviewed on December 10, 2011

I'll admit it gets every last pigment of make-up off my face which is impressive. But it's successful in that because it's so harsh! Gave me dry, red, bumpy patches that I'd never had before. Also smells like some sort of terrible synthetic fruit punch.

It's really not as natural as Neutrogena claims.

For example: "To make cocamidopropyl betaine one reacts coconut oil with 3-dimethylaminoproplylamine (DMAPA) producing cocamidopropyl dimethylamine, which is then allowed to react with sodium monochloroacetate to get CAPB (cocamidopropyl betaine)."

"Cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine (CAHS) is a synthetic amphoteric surfactant from the hydroxysultaine group"

Also includes mysterious unlisted "fragrance" chemicals.

Reviewed on September 5, 2011

I had high hopes , was very exited when I was about to purchase this item but sadly it didn't work. I only used it for a week and I know maybe I should have given it a shot for more longer but my skin was just horrible . It made me break out and it was a bit drying too. I had yo give it to another family memeber . I didn't like it whatsoever .

Reviewed on August 30, 2011

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks, in conjunction with the Purifying Pore Scrub. At first, it worked great and i was really excited. But then I started getting little bumps on my forehead, and a few cystic zits. Now, 3 weeks later, I have a LOT of small bumps on my upper forehead, and I've never developed anything like that before. Also, this product does help prevent whiteheads, but now when I do get a pimple, it tends to be a huge, cystic, painful one that won't go away for weeks. On the plus side, the skin that doesn't have acne on it looks very nice.