Neutrogena Microclear Skin Clearing makeup

Average price: $11.01

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Tori, Nashville, TN on 09/05/2011

I think this product is amazing, because even when most makeup hides your breakouts it clogs your pores and makes you breakout even more. Not only does this not worsen breakout, but it even heals pimples while you wear it. Since I have very sensitive skin I only wear this makeup and will never wear anything else!! Life savor!.

Pros:
  • doesn't clog pores
  • blends over skin nicely
  • helps reduce pimple size
Cons:
  • doesn't work as fast of as a spot treatment, but still helps!

19 out of 32 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Silicon Polyether Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Lactate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polysilicone-11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, PEG-8 Propylene Glycol Cocoate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ethylene Brassylate, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Also Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup, Classic Ivory 10, 1 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 03:49 UTC
Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup, Nude 40, 1 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 03:49 UTC

Member reviews

By on

This product was okay, not the best. It didn't break me out, but it would dry out on my skin causing me to look horrid.

Pros

• Covers my acne

Cons

• feels like a mask
  • heavy
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 9
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I don't recommend this foundation. If you are trying to go for a natural look and making it seem like you are really not wearing any makeup at all, this is not the way to go.

Pros

• Easy to apply and seems to blend in well.

Cons

• Looked terrible after a few hours.
  • When it dried, it changed the tint of my skin to an orange hue.
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

so so

Pros

• covers pretty good. and goes on well

Cons

• no enough shades. cake feel.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I'm guessing because it is a medicated makeup it does not mix well with the bp lotion iv been using...if you dont use any medicated creams with bp i think this might be okay and even might clear up acne...check this site out for more reviews!

[link removed]

Pros

• Gives you a flawless finish

Cons

• Does not clear acne
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I think this is the product that caused me to break out for the last 3 months!

Pros

• covered well

Cons

• broke me out worse
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

So pretty much this product covers my redness and it feels like as if i wasnt wearing any makeup. it lets my face breath unlike other foundations.

It didnt clear my acne but it didnt cause any either. other foundations did cause my to break out even more than usual and would make my face feel like i had lots of it pack on there.

this one doesnt do that . So all i can say is to buy a bottle and check it out . it wont hurt to try .

Pros

• It covers up the redness
  • light weight
  • Doesnt cause more acne

Cons

• it doesnt clear my acne
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love this makeup. I had very bad, very oily skin, and this is the only makeup I used. I never broke out from it (in fact, you cannot break out from this makeup because it is non-comedogenic), and it took care of my "shiny" skin that embarrassed me. It helped heal my skin too. The only thing is that since I have fair skin, it was difficult to completely cover up the redness from the zits; for that, I used a mineral powder and a makeup brush to lightly brush powder over the top of the pimple. This in combination with the neutrogena makeup made my face look so much better! Do not use if you have sensitive skin though-it can dry out skin very quickly!

Pros

• clears up acne
  • no shine
  • covers well
  • non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)

Cons

• a little pricey
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is one of the few makeup products I use on a daily basis without worrying about it causing more acne. What I like most about it is how long it manages to stay on without re-applying (literally I have gone 24 hours with it staying on). Great if you need to cover up scar marks like I do. Definitely sticking with this product.

Pros

• Does not make me breakout
  • Stays on all day
  • Oil-free

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Looks natural, covers flaws well, does not break me out and is reasonably priced.

Pros

• This is the only makeup I've tried that does not induce a breakout. Choose the right shade and it covers acne marks & blemishes beautifully. It looks natural-- like you aren't wearing makeup. Try applying a lighter shade on blemishes first, if needed, then cover with a shade that matches your skin tone.

Cons

• None.
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 9
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I don't know if this is the actual product I tried, but I loved it! When I had severe acne, this is the only makeup I used; my skin used to be very oily, and this would prevent the "shine" in pictures. I never had problems with it making me break out, and it would go onto my skin and seem to whick away the oil. NOT for sensitive skin though-this is a makeup that WILL dry out skin, but I never had sensitive skin. Always put on moisturizers before putting on this makeup to ensure smooth coverage.

Pros

• my face was not greasy at all!
  • dries up zits pretty fast
  • matched my skin shade pretty well
  • did not clog pores
  • salicilic acid medication

Cons

• expensive
  • if you have fair skin, it is hard to cover the redness from your zits (zits look smaller but they are still red)
  • may dry out sensitive skin
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 14