Neutrogena Microclear Skin Clearing makeup

Average price: $11.01

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Tori, Nashville, TN on 09/05/2011

I think this product is amazing, because even when most makeup hides your breakouts it clogs your pores and makes you breakout even more. Not only does this not worsen breakout, but it even heals pimples while you wear it. Since I have very sensitive skin I only wear this makeup and will never wear anything else!! Life savor!.

Pros:
  • doesn't clog pores
  • blends over skin nicely
  • helps reduce pimple size
Cons:
  • doesn't work as fast of as a spot treatment, but still helps!

19 out of 32 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Silicon Polyether Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Lactate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polysilicone-11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, PEG-8 Propylene Glycol Cocoate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ethylene Brassylate, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Also Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup, Classic Ivory 10, 1 Ounce
updated: 04/16/2014 04:23 UTC
Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup, Nude 40, 1 Ounce
updated: 04/16/2014 04:23 UTC

Member reviews

By on

This was fine in the summer, but as it got colder, it made my skin dry and break out. No matter how much moisturizer I used! Now it caused a terrible breakout :(

Pros

• Not too expensive
  • Good in the summer

Cons

• Make skin flaky and dry
  • Broke out skin
  • Poor coverage
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 9
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• doesn't clog pores
  • blends over skin nicely
  • helps reduce pimple size

Cons

• doesn't work as fast of as a spot treatment, but still helps!
  • light
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've tried a few acne face washes with NOOO luck. I'm a fan of Neutrogena on Facebook and they were advertising this, so I gave it a whirl. To my utter surprise--it works GREAT! I saw OVERNIGHT results...it dried out my pimples, but didn't make my face peel. It also covers the (now) few pimples I have VERY good. Once you get it totally blended, nobody even notices the small pimples. From a few feet away, my skin looks 100% clear...but even up close there's really nothing I'm hiding. This skin clearing makeup worked amazing for me and I will continue to use!

Pros

• Clears my skin, covers and blends very well

Cons

• None!!!!
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This was the first and only foundation I have ever used, and from the beginning I loved it! This is one thing I really could not go without. I literally would not step out of the house without this on my face. I can't say that it really does anything to prevent or clear breakouts because the amount of salicylic acid it contains is only 0.5%. However, I have never noticed in the fourteen months that I have used this that it was the actual cause for any sole pimples or breakouts. I love the idea that its covering my blemishes while not causing any future blemishes.

Pros

• Covers my scars and my breakouts for the most part
  • Doesn't have any scent
  • Feels very light
  • Easy to apply
  • Doesn't clog pores
  • Oil-free

Cons

• Doesn't prevent or clear breakouts (necessarily), but does not cause any
  • Does not give the illusion of an entirely flawless complexion on its own
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product is great. I switched to this from a powder, and I was so happy that it didn't turn orange. I don't breakout when I use this, but I have to use a good bit of moisturizer for it not to show the dry patches.

I usually use this everyday for school and it doesn't turn orange or cake during the day.

Pros

• does not break me out, though I'm not sure if it helps my pimples
  • feels very light
  • doesn't cake or turn orange over course of the day
  • matte finish

Cons

• perhaps a little sheer
  • shows dry patches on skin
  • doesn't clear pimples
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 12

By on

This product was honestly a waist of my money, i usually use the Neutrogeana Health Skin oil free make up(which is amazing) but i wanteds to try this out and see how it was.

It make my face totally red and itch. Its not worth the price. I am never switching foundations again! haa

Pros

• Doesnt break me out
  • clean smell
  • oil free

Cons

• Makes my face itchy
  • doesnt blend well
  • small bottle
  • price
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 11.97
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Blends great drys out acne

Cons

• It doesnt clear skin it makes it dry
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 12.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Overall this foundation will NOT make you break out. But does NOT make your acne better. It just keeps it the same, which is a good thing since most foundations tend to break me out. I have pale sensitive skin and this foundation works very well with a sponge and does not irritate my skin :)

Pros

• Does not make acne worse
  • Covers pretty well
  • Cheap
  • Lots of shades to choose from
  • Buildable coverage

Cons

• Shows dry patches on skin
  • Does not have a pump so it is easy to waste a lot of product
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Because of this make up I went from having moderate acne with occasional flare ups to severe, to having mild acne with occasional flare ups to moderate. I don't use anything else on my face except a mild cleanser, blush, and sometimes a medicated concealer. It's freedom! lol

This product definitely works for me! I was too embarrassed about my acne to go without foundation, but foundation always made my acne worse! I'm so grateful for this product, because now I don't have to choose!

Pros

• clears up acne/prevents breakouts
  • covers existing acne
  • looks nice/no shine

Cons

• sometimes doesn't blend well or looks orangish
  • not available in many drugstores :(
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This Product claims to help get rid of Acne. I have to disagree. It DOES help from not giving u acne like some foundations do.

This foundation will give you a matte finish.

If u apply with your hands it gives u a more sheer- meduim coverage. If u apply with foundation brush more of a medium coverage and with a sponge a full coverage.

I totally reccommend this , I only wear conelear under my eyes with this product. I really like it.

I have very acne prone skin, and when I wear this product it does not make me break out such as my other foundation Ive tried from the drug store called "photo ready". Which makes me brake out.

This foundations iACTIVE ingredients are salicylic Acid 0.5 %.

I dont remember how much this product is but it is very cheap. And one of the best foundations from neutrogena. (: Enjoy.!!

Pros

• Does NOT break you out.
  • Has salicylic Acid.
  • can give u a sheer, medium and or full coverage.(depends how u apply it)
  • wont clog pores

Cons

• Doesnt treat acne problems
  • Not so many shades.
  • severe
  • for about a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.