Neutrogena Microclear Skin Clearing makeup

Average price: $11.01

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Tori, Nashville, TN on 09/05/2011

I think this product is amazing, because even when most makeup hides your breakouts it clogs your pores and makes you breakout even more. Not only does this not worsen breakout, but it even heals pimples while you wear it. Since I have very sensitive skin I only wear this makeup and will never wear anything else!! Life savor!.

Pros:
  • doesn't clog pores
  • blends over skin nicely
  • helps reduce pimple size
Cons:
  • doesn't work as fast of as a spot treatment, but still helps!

19 out of 32 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Silicon Polyether Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Lactate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polysilicone-11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, PEG-8 Propylene Glycol Cocoate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ethylene Brassylate, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Also Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup, Classic Ivory 10, 1 Ounce
updated: 04/16/2014 13:59 UTC
Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup, Nude 40, 1 Ounce
updated: 04/16/2014 13:59 UTC

Member reviews

By on

This product worked for me in the way that it was good coverage and blended with my skin tone nicely but it is a little thick. I stopped using this product for awhile, and then I put it on randomly one day and had the worst breakout I've ever had in my life :(

Pros

• full coverage
  • smells good

Cons

• breakout
  • doesn't clear
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I'd use it if I were you. It's at about any drugstore and there's a bunch of different shades.

Pros

• Doesn't cause acne, actually eliminates pimples.

Cons

• Can be a little thick. I usually add water.
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The worst foundation I've ever tried. I had my hopes up when I bought it, because it was a pale yellowy color (like my skin), and it was for acne prone skin. The fourth (but first one that doesn't evaporate) ingredient is talc, which is slightly comedogenic. If your skin is even slightly dry, it will bring out every skin flake or wrinkle. It is somewhat sheer, and fades away throughout the day. Not too happy with it.

Pros

• Came somewhat close to my skintone

Cons

• Chalky, drying, wrinkle accentuating, clogs pores, doesn't last
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

soooo, I did this because i saw it on youtube, it looks pretty good, but i would only recommend it for short-term use. don't believe the whole clears you skin thing... if you look in the ingredients it only has like 0.02% salicylic acid. i got the perfect color for my skin but when i went out in the sun it looks caked and waaaay too dark. if you do INSIST on getting this product make sure you use a primer and have the blotting pads, because it makes your skin SOOOO OILY through out the day. and get a lighter color than you actual skin! hahah (:

Pros

• oil-free
  • applies well
  • blends well
  • looks good at first

Cons

• gives oily skin throughout day -____-
  • doesn't actually "clear" acne
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 13
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i love this foundation. although it doesn't have a pump i just dab some on the tip of my finger and place it on my face using the t-zone method. when i go to school no one can tell that i wear make up because of how natural it blends and i have had multiple people ask me how i do my make up so well. i also apply NYC powder to seal in the foundation which works very well too and add a bit off blush and mascara to top it off. believe it or not your skin will look flawless and natural like airbrush so yes try this

Pros

• looks very natural
  • blends with skin
  • gives you that movie star look when you first apply it

Cons

• doesn't actually clear skin..
  • comes off too easily
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 12
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i didn't like it! it was the only one that didn't make me break out but then after a while it look weird (cakey, flakey, and didn't match my skin tone).

Pros

• .didn't make me break out
  • .looked good at first

Cons

• .looked cakey and weird
  • .didn't cure my acne
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 13
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is decent but NOT a good everyday foundation! it looks super cakey and heavy and thick on your face. Whenever i put it on, I feel like I have added another layer of skin on my face.

Pros

• Glass packaging
  • Good coverage

Cons

• Super cakey
  • Hard to blend
  • Didn't fight acne
  • You have to pour the product out- more bacteria can get inside
  • Bad Formula
  • Skin dries and flakes

By on

It is a great acne fighter and has great coverage, but because it's so cakey, it defeats the purpose of teenagers wearing it. Teenagers prefer to have lighter, more natural makeup, this looks way too heavy for a teenager to wear it, or for anyone to wear it. I think there are better foundations out there, this one is not one of the most amazing ones.

Pros

• Great coverage
  • Glass Packaging
  • Cleared Acne
  • Not too heavy

Cons

• Super cakey, whenever i put this on, it makes me look like a have a ton of foundation on, and it looks like it too.
  • You can only pour out the product, so more bacteria could get inside.
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 12
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Stay away if you have even slightly sensitive skin! Awful product!!

Pros

• Not heavy and oil free

Cons

• Contains talc, gave me a horrible breakout unlike normal acne, as if it burned my face all over rather than clear anything up!
  • light
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This stuff works and is great worth every penny and will never go back to the other pore clogging stuff I used to use!

Pros

• decreases pimple size dramatically while covering it up
  • covers up acne,acne marks and any other blemishes
  • is not oily like other concealers
  • matches skin tone perfectly

Cons

• A little pricy
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.