Neutrogena Microclear Skin Clearing makeup reviews

2.9/5 - 49 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Salicylic Acid (0.5%).

Water, Cyclomethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Silicon Polyether Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Matricaria (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Lactate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polysilicone-11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, PEG-8 Propylene Glycol Cocoate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Ethylene Brassylate, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Also Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup, Classic Ivory 10, 1 Ounce
updated: 11/23/2014 11:08 UTC
Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup, Nude 40, 1 Ounce
updated: 11/23/2014 11:08 UTC

Compared other reviews
Reviewed on November 4, 2014

So I read all of these reviews that others posted saying don't waist your money and it sucks but honestly you're just going to have to try it yourself I started using it my freshman year in highschool and I am now a sophomore in college, I've tried tons of different foundations because I'm a makeup junkie but I always go back to this one. It matches my skin by far the best, it helps my skin, and it's a great natural look. Now on the other reviews saying oh it comes off thoughout the day and oh it didn't work, I wonder if you even read the directions?? Because it says right on the bottle to cleanse your skin, cover the area, 1-3 times a day, and if using prescribed achne products to ask your doctor. Also I don't find it oily because it also says SHAKE WELL before every use. Common ladies read your labels. I absolutely LOVE this makeup and I have recommended it to others such as friends and family and they love it. I work at Ulta Beauty and we don't carry it but I love it more than even the $35 makeup so stop saying it's expensive when it's like $12 (;

Don't waste your money!
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

This stuff was terrible! It made my entire face break out. Do not use this is you have acne prone/oily skin. It made my face feel like all of my pores were clogged. It also was very watery and had had terrible coverage. Do not waste your money on this product.

Foundation flop
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I am a makeup junky and I normally stay away from acne-clearing makeup products because that's what my skin care routine is for, but I wanted to try this. It's really watery and has light to sheer coverage, plan on getting a concealer to use with it, because it's not going to cover any of that acne y'all. (A side note, I always wear a primer no matter what foundation I'm wearing.) This watery mess is a waste of money. The color of the makeup turns throughout the day and seems either come off or slide around even if it's set. If you're absolutely set on getting a "skin clearing" foundation then just hit up Clinique because at least you'll get some coverage and makeup that will stay on.

Bad and good
Reviewed on April 7, 2014

Well I bought this foundation 4 weeks ago and It didn't do good for my skin. But It has good coverage and good color selections. (First foundation that had my shade, which is warm beige) I have a yellow undertone btw.

Not for acne prone skin
Reviewed on March 11, 2014

While I found this foundation to cover well and look great throughout the day, it did not help clear up any pimples, in fact it broke me out. And I mean really badly, after only one week. If you are not acne prone, this might be a great product for you, especially if you have oily skin. But if you are acne prone at all, I just wanted to warn you.

meh
Reviewed on June 17, 2013

i give the 1 and a half stars because it does not go on even, does not cover much, becomes flaky (even if skin isnt dry), and makes skin look oily. It does give some coverage but not much. this does not clear acne at all. It is just like most makeup and makes it worse because it clogs pores.

Good acne fighter/coverage for darker skin tones, Unnatural orange shade for pale skin
Reviewed on June 13, 2013

i'd vote this 2 1/2 stars. This foundation is one of the only ones that has actually helped my acne clear up a bit, i'd give it 4 stars for that! However if you have extremely pale skin like me, this is not the best bet. It looks unnaturally dark and orange (and i'm talking their lightest ivory color)- and i swear it dyed my skin a bit darker after using it for awhile. If you are tan or have a darker shade of skin and are acne prone- this product could work very well for you! Neutrogena needs to create a foundation for us super pale folks too (this goes for most skincare companies)! i'm hoping for a day when they will create such a shade.

Reviewed on May 7, 2013

In the past I have used this product every day for weeks, and in my opinion it is the best makeup for acne prone skin the drug stores have. It applies well,

Reviewed on May 6, 2013

I had this foundation, but found that it did absolutely nothing for my skin, and it was terrible as a foundation too! It was too oily, and looked oily even after applying a generous layer of powder over top. It felt greasy and heavy on my skin and the coverage wasn't good at all, seeing as this is supposed to be formulated for acne prone skin. It smells AWFUL too, overall a terrible product in my eyes.

Reviewed on December 6, 2012

This is my second day using this foundation and i love it!! It started clearing my skin on the first day I think I've found my new foundation for forever:)