Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF 15 reviews

3.8/5 - 109 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (5%).

Water (Purified), Glycolic Acid, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Glycolate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid Polypeptide, Panthenol, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Tetrasodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, with SPF 15 Multivitamin Facial Treatment With Alpha Hydroxy, 2.5 fl oz
updated: 04/23/2014 05:01 UTC
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion, SPF 15, 2.5 Ounce (Pack of 2)
updated: 04/23/2014 05:01 UTC

Unbelievably good!
Reviewed on March 4, 2014

A little background for those of you who can relate, and might want to consider trying this lotion:

I have adult acne and I've tried every product in the book aside from Accutane. It's not fun. Fortunately, I don't have severe acne, but I always have at least one big, inflamed zit, several red spots and just overall 'bumpy', dull, irritated skin. I have moderate scarring, and pretty big pores too.

My skin is very dry in some spots and very oily in others, so there's another obstacle when picking a lotion for my face. I have been searching for a lotion that will not make me break out more, and one that is hydrating enough for the dry skin but not enough to make my oily spots more oily.

A while back, I had gone to the dermatologist and she prescribed me Retin-A. It was one of the few products that did help my acne, but the side effects really weren't worth it. My face peeled like crazy and did not stop even after 2 months or so of using it, On top of that, it made my face look like I slathered it with baby oil.

Once again I was shopping for something new to try on my face and I found this lotion. The amount of alpha hydroxy in this lotion wasn't overkill, and I figured it was worth trying, since the Retin-A did help my acne, and is somewhat similar to it. Maybe the side effects wouldn't be as bad. No high hopes when I bought it though, because I've become quite a pessimist when it comes to expecting results.

First week-- I had 2 pretty nasty zits on my cheek the day I started using them, and they were nothing but little red pigmentation marks after using this morning & night for 2 days.

I didn't experience any 'burning' except for a brief sting over pimples that were irritated. A little tingling overall, but not at all painful.

It made the pimples and spots on my face look 10x more red immediately after putting this on, but went back to normal within 5 mins or so

My face actually looked even in moisture- it was amazing. Dry spots were hydrated, and the oily spots of my face no longer looked oily- just hydrated. I noticed this effect almost immediately, and it lasted throughout the day.

I have been using this for a little over a month now and I have never seen my face look so healthy. My pores look smaller, scars have faded dramatically and my skin just looks sooo good. My acne isn't gone entirely- but the 'bumpy' appearance is gone, and any new pimples that do pop up, are much smaller and less irritated than before, and heal in no time. I also have had many days so far that I haven't had a single big, inflamed zit at all. I also have not experienced any peeling.

I no longer consider my skin 'combination', but normal. No oily spots, no dry spots.

This has literally been the only product that I have used in the past 10 years of dealing with 'bad skin' that has lived up to it's claims. My face looks SO much healthier. I'm so happy I bought this stuff!! :)

Reviewed on March 17, 2013

its a great product when used with jojoba oil. I suggest you get some. My skin is now glowing. My scars are slowly fading away. My face looks smoother. Not sure if my pores are getting smaller. But my acne is under control. Try it!

Reviewed on December 28, 2012

I had tried other Neutrogena lotions which worked fine but I wanted something with a sun screen and I was drawn in by the "promising effects". When I first tried it it burned so badly, but I thought I needed to get used to it so I continued. The stinging never went away. It left me with skin so dry that it would flake off in areas but it was somehow making my skin overly greasy, which I didn't even know was possible. Don't waste your time or money, this product is terrible.

Reviewed on November 16, 2012

Helps my skin, stings when first applied, but I feel it worth it when the blackheads and white bumps were reduced.

Reviewed on February 29, 2012

This product burned my skin. I'm not sure how, but it did. I am using Tazorac at night and have been for several months and was going to use an AHA moisturizer in the mornings as a way to fade pigmentation, and oh look what it did? BURNED MY FACE. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT. If you are on ANY retinoid (differin, tazorac, or retin-a) DO NOT USE THIS.

Mine is healing now thankfully, but I am going to try and sue this company for NOT displaying the percentage of glycolic acid in the lotion.

Reviewed on February 24, 2012

Using this lotion (in conjuction with a gentle cleanser) twice a day has quickly cleared up my acne. I have been seeing a dermatologist for almost 12 years, and nothing has ever worked this well (including accutane!). I even strayed from the routine for about a week, and I broke out significantly. I definitely recommend this to someone with light-moderate acne that hasn't been able to be solved with any thing else. This really worked miracles for me.

Reviewed on February 23, 2012

I highly recommend this product. A couple of months ago, I stopped using Proactiv. It just wasn't working for me anymore. I was experiencing more breakouts, dryness, and an uneven skin tone. To add to my frustration, I started getting cysts, too.

I started doing research and read the reviews for this product. I was a bit scared to try a new moisturizer because every other moisturizer I had tried in the past made me break out. Not this one! Yay! I also bought the Anti-wrinkle, Anti-blemish face wash/cleanser (about $7.00 at Walmart). I have been using both products for just over two weeks now, and my face is really looking great!

I will say that the moisturizer does sting for a few days when you first start using it - but that goes away by the end of the first week. Also, I only used it at night for two weeks, and then worked up to both day and night. You don't need much. A little goes a long way. Some people say it makes their skin too oily. At first, that happened to me, too. I tried using less product, and that made a huge difference. Bottom line... my acne was what I would consider moderate 2-1/2 weeks ago. Now it is very light.

Reviewed on February 21, 2012

I get complimented on my skin, and it's the perfect balance if you use the suggested amount.

Reviewed on November 5, 2011

Dangerous medicated cream if you appreciate your looks. I wanted to improve my skin not worsen and damage it. I clicked on one on rating system only to allow me to post this review. I don't recommend it at all.

Reviewed on October 15, 2011

so i started breaking out and i would spot treat a few areas with bp then after i would apply this stuff. it burns yes, first few days it did get rid of the redness i had from previous acne (which was about a yr ago.), but after few days of using this morning and night. my face started drying. It might have been due to the lemon and sugar scrub I used to exfoliate my face which might've intensified this product (because lemon also has AHA. But my face looks somewhat even but if you feel my skin, its not soft, its somewhat dry and coarse..or rough..point is.. its not smooth like it was before! So i stopped using this stuff last night, and will continue to monitor my skin.