Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water (Purified), Glycerin, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Isohexadecane, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben.

Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, 6.7 fl oz
updated: 10/21/2014 19:39 UTC
Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, 6.7 Ounce
updated: 10/21/2014 19:39 UTC

Good for dry skin!
Reviewed on October 19, 2014

I tried this product last year and i love it!! I just like how it moisturizes my skin while cleansing my face. While many neutrogena facial wash leaves you skin dry after washing, this doesnt!

But it would be better for dry skin because it doesnt cleanse as deeply compared to other gentle cleansers. So wouldnt recommend it for oily skin.

It felt nice but I believe it broke me out
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

This is a gentle cleanser which feels lovely.

Although it burnt me while I was on differin.

I prefer a cleansing water like bioderma sensibio h2o its not oily but gentle and it never burns , im prone to eczema so I'm really sensitive. To each their own.

leaves my face feeling oily
Reviewed on June 10, 2014

I never really feel like my skin has gotten clean after i use it. Its almost too moisturizing. it definitely did not dry my skin out by any means. I feel like it left my skin over oily and greasy. I also started to break out worse after using it. i could never get it to lather up, it just goes on like a watered down lotion.

I have combo skin, slightly sensitive. This may work very well for others.

I use it every morning
Reviewed on May 10, 2014

This cleanser is great and has lived up to my expectations. I don't have overly sensitive skin but it seems like it would work well for all skin types. This cleanser doesn't leave my face feeling dry/tight or cause any acne which is a huge plus. It is a weird consistency, kind of like a milky lotion but I'm okay with it. If you wear a lot of makeup you might want to use a wipe beforehand because this cleanser isn't the greatest at getting everything off.

Simple, gentle
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

This is a nice cleanser for sensitive skin! It didn't make my face red/burn

It doesn't really help with getting rid of acne though..I saw no difference

Not what I had expected.
Reviewed on August 4, 2013

While others may be sucessful when trying this cleanser, I found it to be irritating to my senesitive skin. It burned upon application and did not have any moisturizing affects at all. However, everyone's skin is different

My favorite non-foaming cleanser
Reviewed on June 25, 2013

This product looks like a sort of thick milk when it is dispensed. It has a fantastic milky texture which is ultra-gentle and kind to the skin. It washes off well and leaves the skin nice and moist. The formulators at Neutrogena did a bang up job on this product. It can be a little harder to find on store shelves, but it's worth the effort. As far as non-foaming cleansers go, this one is my favorite. I prefer it to Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

I like this cleanser a lot. I finally realized that gentle cleansing is key when you have acne :) So far no breakouts, which is definitely the goal here.

Reviewed on May 17, 2012

I used this product a few times, and I've realized that it breaks me out along my jawline -- at first, not in acne, but more like an allergic reaction. Then, it breaks me out in acne. I'm really disappointed because I love how it doesn't dry my skin out...but it just isn't going to work out, I suppose.

Oh, well. I hope it works out for others :)

by jyot on 12/27/2013 16:40
I experienced an allergic reaction, where I developed rash like pimples (about 10 of them). The second time I tried it it gave me two painful pimples. I rarely have such painful pimples now a days. Sadly, this one didn't work out for me either.
Reviewed on March 18, 2012

I think this is one of Neutrogena's better products. Although it might not be the best at eliminating acne (gel or foaming gel cleansers are more effective, in my opinion), it's still a great cleanser if you have minor, minor blemishes that appear around that time of the month or just very small whiteheads. If you have those bigger, more severe red breakouts on the side of your cheeks, this will not clear it. Sometimes, I make the mistake of purchasing harsh products or I have a reaction to a product I try. This cleanser will always calm my skin down. If I use it for a couple days after an offensive product irritated my skin, my skin will look noticibly less red and feel more comfortable. This does not help with oil production whatsoever so don't get your hopes up about that. Overall though, this is an adequate product for everyday use but not very good if you have oily skin like I did. I do love that it doesn't have sulfates because those can really irritate sensitive skin. But I am disappointed that they have parabens. But best of luck finding your perfect product!