Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub

Average price: $6.71

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 01/06/2012

If you want this for a face cleanser, go ahead and get it. If you want this for acne solution, maybe go with a different product..

Pros:
  • Smells good and leaves you feeling SUPER fresh. Takes all oil and dirt cells from your skin.
Cons:
  • Doesn't help acne at all...Before I used this, I probably got the occasional pimple once every 1 or 2 weeks. After I used this, more any more pimples starting popping up. I use this every day, and the next day BOOM i get another pimple.

9 out of 17 people found this review helpful

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Polyethylene, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Panthenol, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Menthol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Synthetic Wax , Ultramarines, Blue 1, Fragrance.

Member reviews

“Irritating”
By on

I realize now that any scrub is too harsh for me and even though it gets rid of the dead skin and smooths out blackheads, it caused me more acne. I ran out of this particular scrub once and discovered on accident that it was bad because after going days without it, I started to clear up. Never buying another "scrub" again.

• for about a year

“I love this cleanser!”
By on

After using this morning and night, my skin looks fresh and feels amazing! I used to get very severe cystic acne, and using this actually prevented breakouts, as well as got rid of any zits that were already there. Even after just the first use, I noticed that almost all blackheads and white heads were gone!

Pros

• Very Refreshing
  • Gets rid of acne
  • Keeps my skin nice and clean (so prevents break outs)

Cons

[not submitted]
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Upon entering college, I got bad acne. Not a day went by when I wouldn't look in the mirror and hate my skin, especially since I had beautiful skin all through high school. I tried countless cleansers, toners, spot treatments, and none worked at all. Then I remembered that I used this scrub in high school, with great results. So I picked this up, and within three days my acne was gone. My skin hasn't been this clear in months. It works as advertised, and leaves your skin feeling refreshed. It doesn't dry it out, and I have very dry skin, so that's saying something. Pick up this product, maybe it'll work wonders for you as well.

Pros

• Clears and prevents acne
  • Smooths skin
  • Gentle enough for everyday use

Cons

• None!
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

try it

Pros

• it cleans everything your face feels refreshed. i had some big blemishes and i used it and went to shower came out the blemish already went down. i washed my face next day blemish disappeared. i do believe this can be a good product for acne. just making sure your not using salisylic acid however you spell it because some ppl may be allergic to it.

Cons

• non at the moment
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 6.59
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

• light
  • $ 8

By on

I use this every morning! Its very refreshing!!

Pros

• Gives icy cool boost every time it is used! Really wakes you up! Great for in the mornings!

Cons

• Can dry out your skin if it is used to much.
  • Doesn't treat acne.
  • very light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Overall, this product didn't really work on my skin. I feel like any scrub, no matter how gentle the company claims it to be, will irritate my skin and worsen my acne.

Pros

• Makes your face feel fresh, clears away dead skin cells and dirt.

Cons

• Made my face very dry and tight. Doesn't seem to clear acne away very well.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Every skin type is diffrent, this doesnt work for me, but it may for other people, it smells really good and it leaves my face rejvinated.

Pros

• Smells really good, Face feels fresh

Cons

• Doesnt work on acne, occasionally makes more.
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

if you have like, light acne, lucky you. any product would work...

By The way,

I have a very oily completion, as well as many noticeable blackheads. I have a few bumps and pus filled acne once in a while.

Pros

• SMELLS AWESOME! When you are finished with this product, it leaves your skin feeling actually pretty darn refreshing! Did I mention the smell was awesome?

Cons

• You think that the mini beads in it 'deep cleans' and I guess it does?
  • but not with my type of acne, it really sucked. left my skin kind of dry and...it kinda sucks.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

not reccomended for people with acne

Pros

• smells really good leaves skin feeling refreshed

Cons

• does not treat acne can be a bit harsh on skin
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.