Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin reviews

3.4/5 - 49 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin

Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12 15 Pareth 15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), Fragrance.

Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser, For Normal to Oily Skin, 6 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 19:38 UTC

Great for preventing acne
Reviewed on June 11, 2017

If you are looking for a product that clears acne this wouldn't be the one. Although this helps prevent future acne by clearing what's inside the pours with hydroxyl acid. So this product does its purpose

It's alright I guess.
Reviewed on August 29, 2016

During the start of my bad breakout from CeraVe Foaming Cleanser, my dad bought me this to combat the breakouts. It works well for that purpose but being the idiot I am, I frequently used it (2 twice a day) and it started to burn my skin. I've limited my usage to once every week and I guess it helps. It can be very drying, keep that in mind too, so you may need a moisturizer (I stopped using moisturizers, they made my breakouts worse).

No miracle
Reviewed on March 25, 2014

At the beginning it seemed like this product was really working and my skin felt really clean, but after a month or two I had worse skin than ever before. I can't really say if this was influenced by stress and diet, but I switched to a cheap tea tree facial cleanser a week ago and I am already seeing improvement.

Just Okay
Reviewed on December 13, 2013

Wasn't harsh or irritating, but also it didn't totally clear my skin. It would be partially smooth and clear in some places, but I would still get bumps. I assume it's pretty good for mild acne.

Too harsh for sensitive skin
Reviewed on December 3, 2013

I tried this for less than one week. After the 3rd use my face is extremely tight. My skin feels like it's burning and the texture feels bumpy. Bumpy like a rash, not a breakout. But I imagine that with continued use it would break out. Do not get this near eyes! My skin feels so tight and dried out from this that it is difficult to blink. This product might be ok once every week but way too harsh for everyday use.

This actually cleared my acne!
Reviewed on November 19, 2013

This actually cleared my acne! I'm 30 and have always experienced mild acne. I have had acne worsen while on Mirena birth control and flared out of control when I had the mirena iud removed. Between this cleanser, 100% witch hazel and Derma e Soothing Moisturizing Creme, my acne is almost completely gone! Although my acne is most likely hormonal for the most part, I do like to wear makeup (switched to Loreal's BB cream recently. Highly suggest!). I also work in an indoor butterfly garden which is a high temperature/high humidity environment. I sweat and get dirty. The odds are against me when it comes to acne!

Anonymous
Anonymous, Australia
Reviewed on September 26, 2012

I have been using this for about two days and I already see a difference. My pimples are finally clearing-up! A good cleanser for the Acne.org regimen. I recommend it!!

whydeo, MY
Reviewed on September 10, 2012

I rated my acne as severe but I'm actually acne-free now. I had severe acne when I started using this. It has helped my skin recover.

My skin is naturally slightly oily and I live in a tropical climate so it doesn't feel dry at all. I love this product and won't change it for any other.

Lisa, Victoria, B.C.
Reviewed on April 19, 2012

Personally, this is not meant as a daily cleanser. It strips the skin of all oils/skin so skin dries out very fast, and then starts to burn. I recommend it only 2-3 week, as a deep clean.

Definitely use a moisturizer afterwards, like jojoba oil (natural) or an aloe based lotion.