Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Eliminating Astringent reviews

2.7/5 - 9 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Salicylic Acid 2%.

Alcohol Denatured 45%, Water, Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis Virginiana), Butylene Glycol, Glycereth 7, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Matricaria Flower Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), Methyl Gluceth 20, Benzophenone 4, Blue 1, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance.

NeutrogenaClear Pore Oil Eliminating Astringent, 8 Ounce
updated: 04/23/2017 18:33 UTC

Face Burn
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

I bought this at a supermarket just a few days ago and I bought it because I like the pink grapefruit face wash. The smell did not bother me because I am used to alcohol toners. However, my face stings when I use the astringent and it bothered my forehead and my cheeks. i read the ingredients and it contains alcohol and witch hazel. Oh well, I'll have to use it only once a week and go back to using my Sea Breeze sensitive astringent for daily toner use. I also have an alcohol free toner for my skin routine. I never thought that an astringent from the company I know can really burn and sting your skin.....

Horrible
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

I usually love all of Neutrogena's skin care products because they work at keeping my skin clear and glowing, but this product has done nothing but damage to my skin. Back in January my skin started to outbreak with pimples on the sides of my jaw line. I had already owned this product and used it once before.. On the back of the packaging it says you can apply 2-3 times a day and it will not over-dry your skin. Well I didn't believe that because I felt the first time I applied it, that it was already too harsh on my skin. I stopped using after two times, my skin was very dried out, it left scars on my face and it damaged my skin so bad that I had to go to the dermatologist. She said this astringent is nothing but harmful for the skin and I will be stuck with these scars for a long time.they are pretty much almost faded now.. But I would definitely not recommend buying this product. The smell is awful and it is too harsh on delicate skin!

Anonymous
Reviewed on December 15, 2012

I used to have terrible acne all over by body, it was painful and left scars. But since I've been using this my acne is about 90% gone. I usually use it at night before bed. Definetly worth a try!

Reviewed on October 8, 2012

I am not particularly a huge fan of Neutrogena products but I have to say that this astringent works pretty good on my skin. I use it morning and night before bed and occasionally after I go to the gym. My face feels clean and refreshed after apply the astringent. The only thing i would change about this product is the overwhelming minty smell that makes me smell like a peppermint for a good 45 minutes. i would use this product at least a half hour before applying any make up or moisturizer.

Anonymous
Reviewed on September 19, 2011

Unfortunately when I bought this I had a stuffy nose. So I didn't realize how bad it smelled... until my boyfriend went to hug me and recoiled in horror. He told me I smelled like urine! I shudder to think what people at work must have thought about my hygiene (HAHA). The results (or lack thereof) are definitely not worth the smell.

Chris, New Mexico
Reviewed on April 28, 2011

I used this product without a cotton ball and applied it directly to my chest and back with my hands. It is much easier and faster than using a little cotton ball. This product cleared my acne and black heads on my body. I used it twice daily after showering and my acne cleared up after about a week. I get a few pimples everyonce in a while but I would estimate about a 90% improvement. Great product!

Emma, WV
Reviewed on October 25, 2010

Well, this product dried out my face (even with my oily skin!). It would control oil but leave flaky patches in its path which wasnt good. I believe this product also didnt work on acne but i dont know because maybe i didnt use it long enough? I did notice a few of my forehead blemishes were gone but not a drastic change. Ugh..I hate to give bad reviews but this didn't really work for me.

Anonymous, Central,NC
Reviewed on August 17, 2010

I am a 29 year old female who started breaking out about 6 months ago due to stress. I tried a lot of things. This astringent worked to reduce the amount of oil on my face. In turn it helped to clear up my acne. I am so thankful I tried this!

Jon, Lamden
Reviewed on August 11, 2010

once you use it, ur face is guna worse

by dwightshrute on 12/31/2015 08:53
Once you read this, you lose 50 brain cells.