Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask reviews

3.9/5 - 213 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment).

Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite (CI 77004), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask, 4.2 fl oz
updated: 10/20/2014 19:29 UTC
Neutrogena Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask, 4.2 oz
updated: 10/20/2014 19:29 UTC

Stay away
Reviewed on January 3, 2014

This is so drying that over time it leads to more oil being produced on the skin. Probably fine once in a while for mild T-zone acne. If used regularly it will increase acne.

Not a bad clay mask for acne skin, but may be a little harsh
Reviewed on December 11, 2013

I have mixed feelings about this mask, but I do use it sometimes, so I will do this review to try and help you decide if you want to try it. I find that clay masks such as with a good amount of kaolin and/or bentonite, work well for my skin. (40+ year old woman with large pores, fine lines, and still very prone to breakouts) That said, I have a really hard time finding one that doesn't contain too many other ingredients to cause a problem. I have tried a lot of clay-based masks and this is one of the better ones but is very far from perfect. Mainly it is a little harsh. It has a strong "tingly" feeling when I have it on, which I know is some kind of selling point (people think something is "happening") but to me is always a sign of irritation. It has a very harsh chemical/menthol smell. It dries quickly and can irritate my skin if I leave it on for more than a few minutes. Remember, when your skin is acne-prone, irritating the skin is NOT helpful. So, I do use it but I use it only as a mask and I only leave it on for a few minutes - don't let it completely dry. I like the results of the clay in terms of refining pores / smoothing my fine lines etc. And I like that this one does not break me out exactly (many other masks out there are just flat-out break-out guarantees) I just wish it were a little less mentholy and irritating. If I leave it on too long or use it too often, the irritation can break e out. But if you have had good luck with clay masks this is one of the better ones and it might be worth trying.

Nuetrogena's secret acne blaster!
Reviewed on July 1, 2013

Hello my name is Brian Murphy, and i am a 15 year old male.I used this product of Nuetrogena for maybe one month so far and it works very well! i had mild to severe acne breakouts, and i tried using everything, nothing worked. Unfortunately for me its hard to find good products because I'm practically allergic to everything! The first day i used this product i was a little bit irritated at first, but by the next day my face was use to it. I use this product as a night mask, and it clears my skin like a beauty! I would recommend this products to anyone i know, and i recommend if you have low to mild acne.

Reviewed on November 28, 2012

I bought this cleanser in hopes that using less products would help my skin. It seemed to do fine in the beginning but didn't do much a little bit after. I would recommend though to someone with light/mild acne. Mines mild/moderate. Because it does make your skin feel soft and your skin tone even and keep the really tiny bumps away.

Reviewed on November 21, 2012

I've struggled with moderate acne for years, which became more severe in my late teens and early twenties. I've finally found a combination which works for my skin and has left me almost CLEAR. Now still contending with those acne scars..

My regimen:

Night:

SebaMed Liquid face/body wash

Neutrogena Clear Pore

Body Shop Vitamin E moisturizer

Morning:

Body Shop Vitamin E gentle cleanser

The Neutrogena Clear Pore really attacks the impurities and "medicates", while the other cleansers are gentle enough for my skin while at the same time cleansing skin.

Try it!

Reviewed on October 26, 2012

I could barely touch my skin for a week after using this only once it inflammed it so bad! I've tried a lot of other acne medications before and nothing really worked all that great but nothing has ever made my skin so much worse like this did.

Reviewed on August 25, 2012

I think this is a good product to use 2-3 times per week as a mask only. i do not recommend it as an everyday wash. Personally, it dried out my skin when using it everyday. I had a few large pimples around the jawlines and after applying a pea sized amount before bed, in the morning the size had gone down almost 50% This product also works well as a blackhead eraser on nose and chin areas.

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

I bought this as a mask and it's okay. It wakes me up and definatly gets rid of the small zits! Although, I wouldn't recommend this to get rid of acne, it sure helps along with something else(:

Reviewed on July 14, 2012

This is a really good product. It hasn't dried my skin as much as others have, but I still use a moisturizer at night. It has eliminated all of the little persistent clogged pores on my face and actually cleared out many of my blackheads as well. I highly recommend, if I could give 4 1/2 stars than I would.