Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen, SPF 30 reviews

3.2/5 - 12 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen, SPF 30

Avobenzone (2.5%), Homosalate (5%), Octisalate (4%), Octocrylene (3%), Oxybenzone (4%).

Water, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexl Glycerin, Steareth 100, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Steareth 2, Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Polyester 7, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Diethylhexyl 2 6 Naphthalate, BHT, Xanthan Gum, Mannan, Capryloyl Glycine, Trideceth 6, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Cedrus Atlantica (Blue Atlas Cedar) Bark Extract.

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunblock Lotion, SPF 30, 3 Ounce
updated: 10/28/2016 19:15 UTC
$3.90 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Liquid-y, Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen
Reviewed on August 6, 2016

This is not a moisturizer. It's meant to be used alone or under your usual moisturizer. However, you can just mix it with moisturizer in your palm. If applying by itself, dab the product on with your finger as you would BP, use your finger tips to move it to different locations on the face, and pat the rest in.

Near perfect!
Reviewed on July 26, 2016

Applies and spreads easily.

Does not break me out! But does cause a more skin dryness if used in combination with the Regimen.

I cant prevent this dryness by applying more moisturizer: The sunscreen does turn white after a certain threshold of moisture/moisturizer on the skin.

Oily and Break-outs
Reviewed on May 5, 2016

Made my skin appear even more oily than normal and made me break out badly!

No luck here
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

I really wanted to like this product! After doing extensive research on what sunscreen to buy for my acne-prone skin, I opted for this. It's fairly cheap but I think it made me break out more. Applying it was okay. The consistency was normal, but had that weird sort of grainy texture that I have experienced from other Neutrogena sunscreens. It did not blend well into my skin. I tried mixing it with my everyday moisturizer, but still no luck. I felt like my skin was very dry and rough using it, but it was not oily. I broke out excessively on my cheeks and chin the first month using it. :(

Terrible. Made me break out bad.
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

I've been using this sunscreen religiously for over a year because it was "break-out free" and now, my face looks awful. I wanted to like this product, I really did, which was why I didn't stop using it sooner. For one, it's cheap and readily available because it's OTC and made by Neutrogena, a brand that hasn't disappointed me until now. Because I didn't stop using it sooner, I now have scars all over my forehead and cheeks from the cystic acne it caused, as well as pockmarks on my left cheek. Buyers beware: if you're terribly acne-prone, I recommend that you test this product on a small area on your face just to make sure it doesn't break you out.

Not Good, Broke Out.
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

I was using the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreen when I needed a sunscreen that wasn't as oily and I found this product. The label was clearly marketed for people with acne and the reviews seemed to have promise but I was wrong. I used it once on my face and I broke out the next day. And it wasn't even small cute little pimples. It was like cystic acne on my cheeks and chin and I looked absolutely hideous. I guess Neutrogena products don't really fit my skin because I used the make up wipes also and it wasn't good. I wouldn't recommend this for people with pretty sensitive skin because it could end up damaging your precious face.

by Kay789 on 04/03/2015 12:32
I had the same experience!! The Ultra Sheer wasn't breaking me out, so I figured this Clear Face would be even better. Not so!! This product made me break out bad.
by rosetea10 on 06/10/2015 03:22
I've been using this sunscreen religiously for over a year because it was "break-out free" and now, my face looks awful. I wanted to like this product, I really did, which was why I didn't stop using it sooner, For one, it was cheap and effective as sunscreen, and promised to be "break-out free." Now, I have scars all over my forehead and cheeks from the cystic acne it caused, and pockmarks on my left cheek. I wish I had stopped using this product sooner. Buyers beware! If you're terribly acne prone, I would test this product on a small area on your face just to make sure it doesn't do the same to you.
keeps acne under control
Reviewed on January 14, 2015

this sunscreen does not make me break out, and spf is very important to your skin's health. mix 1/3 tsp with your normal moisturizer and apply to face! :-)

Reviewed on July 2, 2014

I am not sure which ingredient, but my skin acts negatively towards the application of this product. It painfully burns and becomes enflamed in a matter of minutes after I apply it. I have really sensitive skin, so I would not recommend this to others who also have sensitivity or dry patches on their face. I have reacted to another Neutrogena cream for dry skin, so it must be something consistently found in their products that I am allergic to. Hope it works for you.

Mostly "yes"
Reviewed on June 8, 2014

Ranks "4" on EWG & has oxybenzone, (bad) so it's not the absolute healthiest, but, it's also not the most unhealthy either. Didn't break me out or burn wearing it all day (& reapplied) for a week at the beach. Used it on face, neck, chest, back. And it's unscented, so no itchiness. There are better products for daily facial use (DeVita or MyChelle spf moisturizers) but for serious protection at the beach that won't break you out, this works. As a side note, I used Badger Sport (EWG "1") for arms, legs, stomach, as I prefer physical sunblock to chemical. (Disclaimer: I don't know how it works over BP, as I went off The Regimen during that beach week.)

Add 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon to daily moisturizer for great SPF support
Reviewed on June 25, 2013

This is a basic, broad spectrum sunscreen which fulfills its label claim not to break you out. It dispenses as an extremely light feeling liquid, which is ideal to mix into whichever moisturizer you normally use. It stays put throughout the day and provides thorough SPF support. Great product. I mix about 1/3 teaspoon of it into Moisturizer and it works great.

Unfortunately, it does turn white when you sweat.