Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen, SPF 30 reviews

3.1/5 - 9 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen, SPF 30

Avobenzone (2.5%), Homosalate (5%), Octisalate (4%), Octocrylene (3%), Oxybenzone (4%).

Water, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexl Glycerin, Steareth 100, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Steareth 2, Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Polyester 7, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Diethylhexyl 2 6 Naphthalate, BHT, Xanthan Gum, Mannan, Capryloyl Glycine, Trideceth 6, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Cedrus Atlantica (Blue Atlas Cedar) Bark Extract.

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30, 3 fl oz
updated: 10/08/2015 16:35 UTC
Neutrogena Clear Face Sunblock Lotion, SPF 30, 3 Ounce
updated: 10/08/2015 16:35 UTC
$7.35 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

No luck here
Reviewed on June 24, 2015

I really wanted to like this product! After doing extensive research on what sunscreen to buy for my acne-prone skin, I opted for this. It's fairly cheap but I think it made me break out more. Applying it was okay. The consistency was normal, but had that weird sort of grainy texture that I have experienced from other Neutrogena sunscreens. It did not blend well into my skin. I tried mixing it with my everyday moisturizer, but still no luck. I felt like my skin was very dry and rough using it, but it was not oily. I broke out excessively on my cheeks and chin the first month using it. :(

Terrible. Made me break out bad.
Reviewed on June 10, 2015

I've been using this sunscreen religiously for over a year because it was "break-out free" and now, my face looks awful. I wanted to like this product, I really did, which was why I didn't stop using it sooner. For one, it's cheap and readily available because it's OTC and made by Neutrogena, a brand that hasn't disappointed me until now. Because I didn't stop using it sooner, I now have scars all over my forehead and cheeks from the cystic acne it caused, as well as pockmarks on my left cheek. Buyers beware: if you're terribly acne-prone, I recommend that you test this product on a small area on your face just to make sure it doesn't break you out.

Not Good, Broke Out.
Reviewed on February 27, 2015

I was using the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreen when I needed a sunscreen that wasn't as oily and I found this product. The label was clearly marketed for people with acne and the reviews seemed to have promise but I was wrong. I used it once on my face and I broke out the next day. And it wasn't even small cute little pimples. It was like cystic acne on my cheeks and chin and I looked absolutely hideous. I guess Neutrogena products don't really fit my skin because I used the make up wipes also and it wasn't good. I wouldn't recommend this for people with pretty sensitive skin because it could end up damaging your precious face.

by Kay789 on 04/03/2015 12:32
I had the same experience!! The Ultra Sheer wasn't breaking me out, so I figured this Clear Face would be even better. Not so!! This product made me break out bad.
by rosetea10 on 06/10/2015 03:22
I've been using this sunscreen religiously for over a year because it was "break-out free" and now, my face looks awful. I wanted to like this product, I really did, which was why I didn't stop using it sooner, For one, it was cheap and effective as sunscreen, and promised to be "break-out free." Now, I have scars all over my forehead and cheeks from the cystic acne it caused, and pockmarks on my left cheek. I wish I had stopped using this product sooner. Buyers beware! If you're terribly acne prone, I would test this product on a small area on your face just to make sure it doesn't do the same to you.
keeps acne under control
Reviewed on January 14, 2015

this sunscreen does not make me break out, and spf is very important to your skin's health. mix 1/3 tsp with your normal moisturizer and apply to face! :-)

Reviewed on July 2, 2014

I am not sure which ingredient, but my skin acts negatively towards the application of this product. It painfully burns and becomes enflamed in a matter of minutes after I apply it. I have really sensitive skin, so I would not recommend this to others who also have sensitivity or dry patches on their face. I have reacted to another Neutrogena cream for dry skin, so it must be something consistently found in their products that I am allergic to. Hope it works for you.

Mostly "yes"
Reviewed on June 8, 2014

Ranks "4" on EWG & has oxybenzone, (bad) so it's not the absolute healthiest, but, it's also not the most unhealthy either. Didn't break me out or burn wearing it all day (& reapplied) for a week at the beach. Used it on face, neck, chest, back. And it's unscented, so no itchiness. There are better products for daily facial use (DeVita or MyChelle spf moisturizers) but for serious protection at the beach that won't break you out, this works. As a side note, I used Badger Sport (EWG "1") for arms, legs, stomach, as I prefer physical sunblock to chemical. (Disclaimer: I don't know how it works over BP, as I went off The Regimen during that beach week.)

Add 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon to daily moisturizer for great SPF support
Reviewed on June 25, 2013

This is a basic, broad spectrum sunscreen which fulfills its label claim not to break you out. It dispenses as an extremely light feeling liquid, which is ideal to mix into whichever moisturizer you normally use. It stays put throughout the day and provides thorough SPF support. Great product. I mix about 1/3 teaspoon of it into Moisturizer and it works great.

Unfortunately, it does turn white when you sweat.

Great suncreen! Zero problems with it
Reviewed on July 27, 2013

This sunscreen is awesome. It doesn't cause any breakouts and doesn't have too strong of a smell. It doesn't make my face oily or dry or anything like that, and it isn't visible on my face unless I sweat. I highly recommend this sunscreen, most people mix it in with their moisturizer.

Amazing Sunscreen!
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

I switch back and forth between this sunscreen and the Cetaphil Oil Moisturizer with SPF30. I have found the Neutrogena Clear Face works amazingly. It doesn't break me out, and it protests my skin from the harmful rays. It does not dry my skin out, and it does not feel greasy like other sunscreens normally do. Overall this is a good product, and I'm definitely repurchasing it!