Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System reviews

3.7/5 - 262 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Skin Polishing Acne Cleanser:
Salicylic Acid (0.5%)

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Polyethylene, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium-11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

Sun Shield Day Lotion:
Active ingredients:
Octinoxate (7.5%), Zinc Oxide (2.94%).

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Butylene Glycol, Capryloyl Glycine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract,Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance.

Overnight Acne Control Lotion:
Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxied, Laureth-4, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA.

Julie, Panama
Reviewed on November 11, 2012

Try this! It reduced my moderate acne in three days. Best $20 I have spent. Use it consistently to ensure results.

Reviewed on October 19, 2012

I finally quit antibiotics after 10 years of poor results. I was prescribed tretinoin but wanted to take one more shot at finding a non-prescription solution. Having never tried a BP-based program, I thought I'd give this a shot.

After 6 weeks, it's been a mixed bag, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I can almost feel the stuff working, which is great, but it hasn't caught everything. While the BP suppresses small pimples, it (not surprisingly) has done little to prevent cystic acne. Over the course of six weeks, two large cysts have popped up. I suppose it's possible that long-term use will have some positive effect on cysts, but I'm not sure that's a fair expectation for this product.

The acne lotion will dry your skin. So, as everyone says, moisturize. It's a small price to pay for me. As someone who suffered from oily skin, the BP has completely fixed that. I feel oil-free throughout the day after using the BP lotion in the morning.

Overall, the results have been better than antibiotics so far. I suspect that this is a great solution for those suffering from mild an/or non-cystic acne. For me, there is certainly hope that it will be a complete solution, but at the very least using this system regularly ensures that my skin is clean, exfoliated and not oily.

D, Seattle, Washington
Reviewed on August 3, 2012

Is use it once in the day and once at night and use it EVERYDAY. You cannot miss a day or you will definitely not See any improvement.

I have been using it consistently for almost two months and right now I only have about ten extremely small pimples on my forehead and two on my chin as apposed to the hundreds I had all over my face two months ago. I only get one pimple every few days as apposed to five new zits every day. I don't get cystic acne anymore, and all my black heads are gone. However This system is not perfect, in fact I can't even use the acne lotion anymore because it's way to drying and it makes me break out more and I had to switch it out for the "On The Spot Treatment" also it take like a month and a half to see any real results (so you have to be patient and just keep using it twice a day) but it definitely has improved my skin significantly.

I think if I keep up this regime all my acne will be gone in a month or so.

This stuff is the only thing that has worked for me, Clean and Clear sucked for me, so did Clearasil their kits were way too fragrant and harsh on my skin, so if your like me and have sensitive, normal/combo/oily skin then I recommend trying this kit out. Just remember be consistent! And Use it Twice a day, everyday!

Anonymous, Miami, FL
Reviewed on May 5, 2012

I've had moderate acne for 10+ years (I'm 25), its never been bad enough to see a doctor but I always hoped it would clear with age, and it never did. I tried every OTC product I could find. Last winter I was visiting my younger cousin and she used this system, so I used it while I was there for about 3 days. In that time, I noticed a significant difference in my skin tone, it looked smooth and healthy. My breakouts were clearing up right away also. I bought some right away, and after the first 2 months of using it consistently, my face was much more clear. The cleanser is wonderful and really cleans everything off. The acne cream is drying, but my face got used to it. I wash and use the cream twice daily, and only use the sunscreen lotion during the day (I live in S. FL and sunscreen is a must), it has been working wonders for me. I've been using the products for about 5 months now, not only are my breakouts gone, but my skin tone is like a child's skin and gets better every month - I've completely stopped wearing face makeup and I'm sure that helps my complexion as well. Everyone has different skin and this probably won't work well for everyone, but if you have mild acne and can commit to using the same products consistently, give it a shot - you have nothing to lose!

Anonymous, Canada
Reviewed on April 3, 2012

Im 21 years old and ive been dealing with acne my whole life literally! when i was 10 i was taking accutane, this is literally the only stuff i use with results! all my acne is disappearing and ive only been using it for a few days! I would definitly suggest using a really good moisterizer though as it driex your face out alot if you follow the directions giving! hope the good results keep up :-)

Anonymous
Reviewed on November 20, 2011

I have dry and sensitive skin with a clear forehead, nose and cheeks. But my lip, chin, and jawline would get terrible acne (cystic and whiteheads). My face was always blotchy, VERY sensitive and red, too. I've been using Clean&Clear Advantage for a few months, and it was alright. But THIS PRODUCT WAS A MIRACLE. I've only been using it for a little more than a week, but my face is smoother, better complextion, even skin tone, less redness, and most importantly diminishing pimples. I actually looked in the mirror today and said "wow, this is what I look like with nice skin". I cannot wait until the upcoming months when my skin is completely cured. Try this product, you will not be dissapointed!

Anonymous, Seattle, WA
Reviewed on October 12, 2011

Amazing product. The first time I used it, it seemed to work right away, my little pimples were dried out and diminished within two days of use, and cystic pimples were reduced in size and redness. It worked for me for about one week then my acne came back. My big mistake was; I stopped using it, thinking that it's another product like Pro-Activ; once my skin is used to it, it will no longer work. But after about a month later, I decided to start using it again, and this time I decided to stick to it, and see how well it works. So I gave it solid 3 weeks for it to do it's thing, and if it doesn't work, then i'm giving up on this. So after about 2 1/2 weeks of use of this system, all of my pimples were gone, my cysts were almost gone. I was very impressed. So now, I've been using this acne system for 6 months, and my face 99% clear (the other 1% is the couple pimples I get during that "month" lol) After having acne for half of my life-time, sometimes I love to closely analyze my skin in the mirror and wonder if the product really is working, or if there are any pimples/cysts coming back lol. But really, it works for me. You just have to be consistent. It works to get rid of acne and prevent future breakouts too. After 6 months of use, if there are days i dont feel like using it, I dont have to worry about acne returning if i stop using the product. Because it's already gotten rid of the major cysts on my face that were spreading the bacteria and making my acne seem impossible to cure. But remember, acne is NOT a disease, so don't be fooled into medications and such, unless as a last resort. Take care of your body, and mental/physical health. That's the first thing. I'm so thankful for Neutrogena developing this product. I no longer have a "pizza face" haha. Btw, I have tried almost everything there is out there for acne besides Accutane.The key is to be consistent, and don't expect it to work right away.even if it does, don't stop using it. Amazon sell

cha:)10, atl,ga
Reviewed on October 11, 2011

So i used this product almost all thru hs bc i have suffered with acne since i was about 15, (i am now 21) and it always has worked for me. Not too long ago i started breaking out really bad, worst than ever, and it was totally my fault, bc i thought since my face was clear i could go to sleep without washing my face and i could use all diff types of make up WRONG!!! and i thought the system stopped working so i went to proactiv and used it for 3 weeks and made me break out even more! :( so now i realize i made a mistake of not being consistent with the neutrogena system and now im returning proactiv to get my refund and now im back to neutrogena in hopes it will start working like it used too, i will wash my face day and night no matter how clear my face is and i will only wear bare minerals or neutrogena cosmetics bc sadly there is NO CURE for acne, there is only treatments. Sorry neutrogena for my horrible decisions lol i promise to be consistent and loyal to get my confidence back! :)

Anonymous, Ohio
Reviewed on September 22, 2011

I was so excited to try this, i had light acne on my chin and that was it, after using this for 3 weeks my acne is so horrible, idk what to do. I am in shock at the way this left my skin, i read so many good reviews on this and wish i had 1 to add but noooo this product is no good for me.

Reviewed on September 6, 2011

I used this product for several months, as directed, until all the bottles ran out and saw NO RESULTS whatsoever. For the first two weeks it made my skin dry and flaky. After that, my skin returned to normal but I still had loads of breakouts and the products seemed to have no effect on them at all.