Nature's Way Vitamin A reviews

3.9/5 - 40 reviews

Brand: Nature's Way

20,000 IUs worked for me
Reviewed on October 24, 2016

I have oily, hormonal acne skin. Before vitex, taking 10,000 IUs of vitamin A did not seem to make a difference. About six weeks after vitex started clearing my skin, I wanted to clear out some stubborn old zits so (after careful research) I doubled my vitamin A to 20,000 IUs and it made a huge difference. Aside from some initially very dry lips, I have had no negative side effects and my skin tone improved dramatically. The old stubborn pre-Vitex cysts are clearing out and my old blemishes are less noticeable.

by selfesteem101 on 11/20/2016 14:11
Can I buy Vitamin A pills over the counter?
IT HAS BEEN MY SAVIOR !!!
Reviewed on August 8, 2016

Hi everyone! I have been lurking on these boards for a while now trying to find my almighty cure and I have finally found it thanks to you guys! Ever since I switched my birth control a few months ago , my skin has gone haywire. I wouldn't say its HORRIBLE, but moderate acne feels horrible to me. I do the oil cleansing method with coconut oil and take zinc which manages it but I still get bumps here and there and it sucks and took a toll on my self esteem.

I read all over that other vitamins can help cure you from the inside. I had nothing else to loose so I thought I might as well try. I bought some NOW brand Vitamin A 25,000 IU tablets, some SPROUTS brand Vitamin E 400 IU and take it with my zinc 50 mg tablets.I take one each after I eat my breakfast. LET ME TELL YOU.... I HAVE NOT HAD ONE BUMP SINCE TAKING THESE!!!!! I am in complete shock! This along side with my habits of drinking lots of water has cleared my skin! So PLEASE, if you are feeling sad and fed up with your skin, just try it you have nothing to loose! :D

Seems to work
Reviewed on July 10, 2016

Hello all,

So I'm doing a lot of things to control my horrible onset of cystic hormonal acne. I mistakenly went off of birth control after having been on it for 12 years and my skin went crazy. I'm almost at the end of my second pack and things finally seem to be under control. I now mostly have hyperpigmentation. Up until recently, my skin was awful and I'm pretty sure starting this birth control made things way worse. SO...In addition to birth control, this is what seems to have worked for me. And trust me I have tried EVERYTHING and spent countless hours researching this. I'm also a nurse and doing a research PhD so I am providing you all with what I believe to be the best information and tips I've come across. I've listed many things but if you're only interested in vitamins go to point 9. Good luck!

1) I'm on my 6th week of Doxycycline

2) ICE! Every morning I ice my spots. This really helps reduce size and inflammation and there are no risks

3) Green tea (loose leaf organic. I drink it and apply the leafs to my face 5 days a week), I also take ECGC green tea extract pills. Clinical studies prove that this works for acne. So if you're going the green tea route check that the ECGC content is high. It's typically higher in loose leaf teas. Otherwise just buy the extract pills.

4) NO DAIRY, SOY, GLUTEN, or OILS (except coconut oil). I also started a VEGAN DIET

5) CETAPHIL products- I stopped washing with water and only wash with the foam cleanser, it seems weird but I find that it significantly reduces redness. I also only wash once per day if I'm not wearing make up. I moisturize once per day with the day SPF moisturizer.

6) MAKE UP: Physicians formula non-talc liquid mineral make up. I researched every ingredient in several products and this was the best product I found. I had to import it from the US (I'm living in Australia at the moment). I also have not worn any make up on my skin for 2 weeks. I am on a school break and had 2 weeks off of work because I was supposed to go on vacation but had to cancel because my skin got so bad. Sad I know but things are finally clearing and I've been able to work on my PhD thesis from home...I also learned to cook. So if you also plan to isolate yourself, MAKE THE MOST OF IT!! There is light at the end of the tunnel.

7) 2.5 % BENZOYL PEROXIDE: I had given up on harsh topicals because my skin is so freakin sensitive and I found that Differin, Retin A, and anything over 2.5% BP made my skin look so much worse. However, 2.5% is PERFECT! it even reduces the look of the redness when it's applied. If I have to go out I have it on my pimples and I honestly don't care. It's probably only noticeable up close.

8) LOWER YOUR STRESS: Seriously ladies this is so important. Especially if your acne is hormonal. One night i was freaking out because I was supposed to go on vacation to visit a beautiful Greek boy I know and woke up with 4 new spots. Three of them were cystic. I've found that since cancelling and relaxing at home my acne is much better.

9) VITAMINS: Ok so I'm a little ridiculous when it comes to this and I now have a pharmacy in my room. But these are the best vitamins and supplements for acne. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't recommend always taking the Vitamin A like I have been doing because it can cause liver damage. So on that note: 1) Vitamin A- Retinyl Palmitate: I am mega dosing on these. So for the past three weeks I've been taking 10 a day. I realize there are risks with this but I've been getting my liver enzymes checked and I am fully aware of the signs of vitamin A toxicity. You could just try taking 1-2 per day. The logic behind this is that Accutane is a derivative of vitamin A in huge quantities. Mega dosing can really help some people. 2) Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide): this is the active ingredient is most expensive skin brightening/hyperpigmentation creams. I also break the caps and rub them right on my acne scars 3) Vitamin C: I mega dose with this as well. It tastes delicious and there are no risks with toxicity. I also have this in powder form (Skinstitute brand) and put directly on acne scars 4) Vitamin E. 4) Saw Palmetto (also great for hair) 5) Liquid Silica (also great for hair) 5) Omega 3 fish oil (also great for hair) 6) Zinc

Ok my friends this is all of the advice I have. If I had to pick and choose from this list I would prioritize antibiotics to help you get through the initial break out phase on this birth control, Ice, green tea extract or loose leaf organic tea, and Vitamin A Retinyl Palmitate. Feel free to e mail me with any questions: john0994@flinders.edu.au (John is the beginning of my last name. My name is Shev). Cheers!

WOW!
Reviewed on June 15, 2016

Okay guys, I NEVER write reviews, but I really have to for this!!

Background: I havw had acne since beggining of 2014 it is now mid 2016 I have tried every thing under the sun. I had beautiful skin in highschool started breaking out at 21 years old and I'm now 24. The breakouts turned CYSTIC in 2015 and I was on anti biotics, went vegan, went gluten free, supplemented with many different things, took probiotics , used oil cleansinf method and no soap, I even got neurotic and bought a water filter, showerhead filter, things would work for a bit but it always came back and with a vengeance.

O feel confident in writing this review becUse it has been one full month mega dosing vitamin A with my naturopathic doctor, you guys, am seriously 100% clear. I drink 100,000 iu of vitamin A Muldoon drops in a glass of water after breakfast. I cleared up after one week and it's stayed consistantly clear. Cystic acne AND tiny closed comedones I had on forehead , this is amazing.

It is a very high level of vitamin A but I have ZERO side effects. Other than clear skin, I leave the house without makeup and have self confidence and NO anxiety. Please please give vitamin A a try!!!! I wish I tried years ago.

by Youngwun0 on 07/07/2016 18:49
you are sexy as hell. Thanks for sharing though
Here we go again...
Reviewed on June 9, 2016

I'm about to start taking a daily 10,000 IU dosage of Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate, a little bit less potent than retinol) while also applying Epiduo at night (I haven't seen a change while on Epiduo but I'm scared to stop the treatment). I hope this works and I can finally get rid of my mild acne. Could anyone tell me if this is a safe or good idea? Thank you. :)

Helps with oily skin
Reviewed on May 25, 2016

Last July/August, I started taking GNC's capsules which had 5000 iu vitamin A & 400 iu vitamin D twice a day. It helped a lot with making my skin less oily. Before, my skin used to look so shiny just an hour after washing my face & I used to carry soap to school to wash my face at lunch time. By September I was able to get through the school day without washing my face. Sometimes I just need to blot with a tissue. It didn't make my skin 'dry' though. I'd still say I have oily skin but it's way less problematic now. Now I take a higher dosage of vitamin D with it (2000 iu) & I also take other supplements. It also helped with acne but I will say it's not a cure all.

SAVED MY LIFE AND DEPRESSION !
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

I was severely depressed being 24 and still having horrible acne. Okay not horrible it was mild but it was a build up because I dealt with severe acne growing up and the only thing that made it mild was dieting , cutting out dairy and sweets and cows milk I switched to almond milk and I went to an allergist to find out I was also allergic to eggs and peanuts which gave me forehead and chin acne. I sacrafice and cut these all out and started to lose a lot of weight because I was paranoid if every food because I still Mildly broke out. I took vitamin A before when I was about 18 and broke out so badly that I just toss the whole bottle but it was the beta caretone version. This year my sister said she was gonna try NOW brand vitamin A and I warned her that it broke me out badly in the past and not to. But she listened to the good reviews on here and purchased. I notice that her skin was clearing after a week and so smooth and then after three weeks no new acne. I had nothing to lose I was so depress because I my mild acne was becoming bad again and I was tired of losing weight and watching my diet so much. I tried her bottle before I bought my own and listen to me, my skin PURGED! This is retinoids version so idk if there is a difference with beta caretone but this version also broke me out in the first 4 days. I'm at th point of my life where there is nothing to lose so when I purged I didn't even react much like I use to. It's either you wanna purge to clear skin or you want to not purge and not ever experience the great affects of Vitamin A. The purge was like a week and then my skin started clearing and better yet HEALING! My red marks started getting a faded gray which is better because it was easier to lighten with fade cream! I'm a Caremel African American and I started to scar so easily until this vitamin. You want to know the best part of the vitamin? I can eat what I want now ! I still avoid peanuts and eggs but sweets I can finally eat again because vitamin A helps so much that I stopped breaking out. If I do it's sooooo small and last like a day or two, really small small small bump. So small and that's rarely. I have my life back and even though I'm healthier now with my diet since I'm use to it now I can still cheat and eat what I want and not suffer consequences. If you take this vitamin please take vitamin d3 with it which also helps with skin. Also make sure you take one a day not two, and also buy NOW version (Retinol) thank you so much vitamin A, my bacne is gone, my acne is pretty much non existence and I'm not scared of food anymore. It really saved my life and saved my summer. Also thank my sister for not listening to me. Acne will slowly cure or greatly vanish from the ROOT problem. Not just external factors you have to start from internal! Try it!

Truly the only thing in the world that really, really works--but be careful!!
Reviewed on March 26, 2016

I have self medicated on Vitamin A after Accutane completely changed my life, then failed me after a year :/

I started with 10,000 IUs a day and bumped up to 20,000... my skin is as perfect as it is going to be without time taking away my scarring (which is not bad at all, really, thank god). I literally have no blemishes on my face right now...not even a little one...and this is coming from someone who, just a month ago or two ago, and some pretty bad cystic legions. I am also 5'4 and 120 pounds. This really works but PLEASE, don't be stupid and take 100,000 IUs a day, that's a good way to get extreme, irreversible liver damage. Start off at a reasonable ratio to your body weight. It doesn't take much for it to be effective.

It's worth mentioning that I also wash with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap and CeraVe for oily skin, and use a Retin-A cream every night, along with a mask for half the week.

Not effective for Cystic acne
Reviewed on March 6, 2016

I've been taking 8000 iu per day (plus other supplements)for over two months and it has done nothing to make my horrible, sudden onset of cystic acne go away.

Helps a lot for oily skin
Reviewed on October 10, 2014

I have very oily skin and at 300% RDA it really helped dry my skin up fast. Accutane is nothing more then mega dosing of vitamin A to kill the oil glands