Nature's Bounty Alpha Lipoic Acid reviews

4.2/5 - 22 reviews

Brand: Nature's Bounty

Alpha Lipoic Acid.

Other Ingredients:
Rice Flour, Gelatin, Vegetable Cellulose, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Silica. No Artificial Color, Flavor or Sweetener, No Preservatives, No Sugar, No Milk, No Lactose, No Soy, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Fish. Sodium Free.

Reviewed on April 6, 2013

I love this .. while friends my age are using botox and juviderm I just pull out my capsule and apply w same results!

Reviewed on January 10, 2012

i stay low on the dose, because side effects are strong for me. otherwise, it's really good to combat acne. not the perfect solution, but a good and economical option

Reviewed on May 31, 2011

I mix Vit E with ALA powder and apply every time I wash my face and then apply sunscreen over. I also take 1 600 mg pill every morning.

Overall, my skin looks much fresher with a more even complexion.

My scars have faded more than they ever have in a week when previously I have tried things for months that didn't work nearly as well.

Awesome stuff!

Reviewed on May 12, 2011

I've never been an allergic person. I'm only allergic to penicillian. I do fine with pollen, dogs, cats, ANYTHING, but after a few weeks taking ALA I broke out in a ridiculously crazy rash / hives ALL OVER MY BODY. I was taking 600 mg a day, but I'm never taking it again. Not worth it. Google "ALA and hives" if you don't believe me.

Reviewed on October 8, 2010

I'm a 19 year old female that has been suffering with acne for 8 years.

I had finally gotten my acne under control when I was using doxycycline, but that treatment like all the rest, stopped working. My acne came back full blow so I was getting white heads all around my mouth new ones every day and big red ones on my forehead and on the side of my face(those left me pretty bad scars, more dents on my forehead! agh).

I did some research, and I came across ALA. I started taking 600mg ALA with zinc 50mg every day without fail.

Here I am, a month and a half later and I have no more white heads, no more big red pimples. It hasn't completely cleared my skin, because I'm not solving the underlying problem here but it has made my moderately severe acne turn into mild acne.

I urge you to try it. The side effects are worth the benefits.

Very cheap too! I buy the 200mg bottle with 100 capsules. It lasts me a little over a month. I take three every day. One in the morning, and two at night with a Zinc pill.

Good luck everyone.

Reviewed on July 13, 2010

starting 2 days ago i bought ala,zinc,vitamin a, omega 3, niacin, and vitamin c. my skin went from being oily red and painful to smooth firm and glowing in 2 days. i would have never thought this possible but its working!!

Reviewed on March 30, 2010

idk why everyone thinks this is such a miracle pill. i bought it after reading these reviews since i am depserate for an acne treatment. ive been taking them for about a month and have not seen a change in my acne at all. i also take alot of vitamin C and fish oil, and vitamin E and none of these are working. my acne is like 99% stress related so if anyone knows how to get rid of acne caused by stress then let me know

Reviewed on February 12, 2010

I have tried several methods to get rid of my acne - ProActiv, Murad, Clinique, Dan's Regimen, LED acne light therapy, zinc, and fish oil. NONE of these did anything. I read on several websites that ALA is pretty effective. So I tried it out and it worked instantly! I noticed right away because I would always have two cysts on my face. Once both of them began to heal, I felt two new ones forming. It was extremely frustrating. I took ALA and the ones healing continued to heal, and no new ones were forming!

The one unfortunate thing is that it dries out my skin, but probably not for others. I also sti have a few small pimples, but they're pretty much unnoticeable because of how intense the cysts were.

I take 600 mg in the morning. I've heard it's better on an empty stomach, but the manufacturer says otherwise. I take it either way, so I can't give any advice on what's more effective.