Nature Made Vitamin B-Complex reviews

3.1/5 - 18 reviews

Brand: Nature Made

Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Cellulose Gel, Niacinamide, Riboflavin, Croscarmellose Sodium, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Magnesium Stearate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Polyethylene Glycol, Biotin, and Cyanocobalamin.

No Artificial Colors. No Artificial Flavors. No Preservatives. No Yeast. No Starch. No Gluten.

Not for me...
Reviewed on January 16, 2014

I was taking a b complex vitamin, it was actually the meijers naturals brand. Within a few days, my cystic acne flared up in a very inflammatory, painful way. The b vitamins were the only new thing in my diet/routine and I was still on winter break-so I was definitely not stressed. After I stopped the vitamins, my skin immediately calmed down and started to clear up. The only other things i was taking at the same time was the birth control (which really didn't help my skin too much & i was not near my period) and the zinc. The zinc has been working.

Since I've stopped the b-complex, I started taking Nature Made's multi-vitamin for her with no bad side effects. but if this works for you, then great!!!

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

I decided to battle my acne with vitamins because topical treatment were not working. After about 3 weeks i started to see results taking Vitamin B-5. My scars were fading and i had less breakouts. In combination with other vitamins such as A and E, my acne has cleared significantly.

Reviewed on April 16, 2012

I've been taking them consistantly for about 2 weeks now. Haven't noticed a different in my skin/acne but i did notice the energy i now have. I'm going to keep taking them and we will see what happens.

Reviewed on April 5, 2012

I started taking this in a new bid to eat healthier, cleaner food. I had been off the Acne.org regimen for a couple months and my acne was minimal. A few days after starting the vitamins, I started getting painful cysts around my mouth and jawline. I hadn't had a single cyst in months. I also got dermatitis flare-ups. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to make the connection between the B-Complex and the skin problems. It was only after a couple weeks of taking the vitamins and battling increasing amounts of acne that I had the brilliant idea of stopping that which I really shouldn't have started in the first place.

Weeks later, I am still dealing with jawline cysts, albeit in smaller numbers, and my urine still has a slight greenish tint.

Reviewed on February 19, 2012

I have been taking B Complex once daily (mornings) for 3 years now. It has improved my moods and kept me stable, helped with depression, and helped a lot with my anxiety problems- a great natural alternative to using synthetic perscription medication.

As for skin and acne, this product had zero effect on my skin. It neither made more acne nor cleared it. My skin has cleared up a lot in the last couple/few years but that is due to the birth control pills I'm taking. I have stopped taking the B complex for maybe a week every so often and I notice no change in oil or acne before starting back up on the regimen.

I am rating this product high and recommending it because I feel it is a great vitamin for people to take for overall wellness. But if you're looking for an acne remedy, you should probably look at other methods.

Reviewed on August 28, 2011

Initially I bought the B-complex to boost my energy levels/ to counter fatigue and depression.

For the past year I noticed an increase in cystic acne and oily skin-- I've never had skin like that, and I'm 22. I just realized a few weeks ago that it's probably a result of my contraceptive (Depo Provera) which I started around the same time. I was pleasantly surprised that my skin improved with this complex-- if the bad acne can be controlled with this cheap treatment then I don't have to find an alternative contraceptive like I feared. I feel like my immune system has been boosted because I'm healing noticeably faster.

I got really lucky stumbling onto these benefits. :)

Reviewed on July 14, 2011

This product turned out to be a nightmare for my facial skin. It was prescribed by my orthopedic surgeon for plantar fascitis and helped me with the muscle strenthening and all. But it gave the worst break outs ever. It completely made my face erupt with cysts, pustules whiteheads, especially concentrated on the jawline area.

Reviewed on March 31, 2011

I bought a B50 Complex 2 days ago without reading about it, and today I googled and I have found that the high amounts of B6 and B12 will cause acne to flare up. Thank god I read this post before I had been taking it for a week or 2, I'm lucky I've only taken about 3-4 pills and now I have to throw the bottle out. Waste of my money, I should have researched it first, but I couldn't find B5 on the shelf and I thought B-Complex would be OK. WRONG.

Google the effects of B6 and B12 on acne before you buy the product.

I didn't break out or anything but I hope the 4 pills I took won't have a bad effect tomorrow. I am STOPPING these pills and am pissed that I wasted $20.00.

Reviewed on January 27, 2011

I never had a problem with acne throughout my life until about the last 10 months. That was when I started taking this stuff everyday to help with energy as I am a weightlifter and needed an extra boost ever since I've been getting too tired after my 9-5 dayjob. I started getting acne suddenly as if I was some high school kid with hormone problems and I'm in my mid 20's. Wish I made the connection earlier for what was causing my acne. Apparently there are a lot of studies out there that prove vitamin bcomplex (especially b6, b12, and biotin) CAUSE acne and DOES NOT remedy it (google it to see for yourself).

I find it ironic I stumbled upon this site seeing people trying to treat acne with this unnecessary junk. The average diet is loaded with b's, you don't need 1333% more of them all, hence why your body will constantly flush this stuff out of your system and you'll notice having strange neon colored urine. I've noticed most of the positive reviews for this are from new users. In the long run this will make your acne gradually worse and you'll have to wait even more months to get back to normal.