Nature Made Super B-Complex reviews

Brand: Nature Made

Nature Made Super B-Complex

Ascorbic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Cellulose Gel, Niacinamide, Riboflavin, Croscarmellose Sodium, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Magnesium Stearate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Polyethylene Glycol, Biotin, and Cyanocobalamin.

No Artificial Colors. No Artificial Flavors. No Preservatives. No Yeast. No Starch. No Gluten.

Nature Made Super B-Complex, Tablets, 360 ea
updated: 05/25/2016 05:45 UTC

GAVE ME HORRIBLE ACNE
Reviewed on March 12, 2016

Growing up I never had pimples. Just minimal. And my skin was clear and glowing. I'm what you call born to have "perfect skin". I recently had surgery on Aug 2015. I'm 18 btw they found a lump on my breast. Nothing major the surgery was just 15 mins. Anyways, before surgery the doctor prescribed me these. I took it for months. At first I keep blaming my period and because I recently switched skin care products. But the cause seem to be elsewhere since I never had pimples before much less acne. It taked a toll on my self esteem. Keep hiding from my friends to avoid questions "What happened to your face?" "I thought you have clear skin?" "Your skin used to be perfect." I had almost a hundred active pimples. I stopped taking when I discovered it's the cause. Been repairing the damage with my acv toner. After a month of stopping I only have 10 active pimples and a LOT of dark spots. If I can only swat my hand while drinking this. I REGRET THIS. It's like a horrible neverending nightmare. Everytime I look in the mirror I want to cry. It's taking me months to repair the damage. Fyi I took the neurobion b complex. Each film-coated tablet contains vitamins B1 (thiamine disulfide) 100 mg, vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) 200 mg and vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 200 mcg. Too high for my age. I don't know why they sell it to me in the first place. Ugh. And please beware. If you're taking b complex and unexplained acne. This might be the cause.

bad side affects
Reviewed on November 9, 2014

I just started taking this about a week ago. I was taking 500 mcg. of B6 and it really helped with nuropothy in my feet. My gynocologist suggested a B complex for menopausal symptoms. I was trying to get past the horrible taste of the vitamin and the foul urine as well. It also gives me heartburn. But, then I started breaking out with large, almost boil type pimples on my body. I never even had acne as a teen, so I am assuming it is the B-complex. I think I will go back to the B-6.

Highly recommended! Part of the solution.
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

Vitamin B Complex does clear up cystic acne! However, you need to do more than just pop b vitamins.

1. If you haven't already, stop eating diary products, junk food, fast food, artificial flavor goods and anything that is loaded with bad calories. Avoid starch based foods too.

2. You must exercise! If you dislike going to the gym or lifting weights and such, go ride a bicycle for an hour around your neighborhood. Must get the heart pumping to get fresh oxygen and the circulatory system moving. Failure to do so will allow toxins to wreck havoc on your health.

3. Wash your skin with quality products like Neutrogena Skin liquid soap. Don't use a bar soap ( If you do, make sure you don't share it with anyone and it's only used for the problem area. ) Wash your face or problem area at least twice per day and pat dry with a clean towel.

*** Don't scrub your face dry!

4. Personally, I take Double Strength L-Lysine ( 1000 mg ) once per day. Consult with a professional before taking any sort of medication and such. Lysine has tons of benefits for skin improvement as well as many other health conditions. However, it usually comes in a sizable pill form which is hard to swallow so buy a reliable pill crusher to turn it into powder.

Pour the powder on your tongue and down it with some fresh spring water. Drink 16.9 FL OZ of purified water. I wouldn't be taking it otherwise. They sell soft gel caps but I feel those lose their strength quickly with stomach acid. I take it before going to sleep every night to enhance it's effectiveness while the body is at rest.

5. I also take "Calcium Magnesium Zinc" with D3 from NatureMade three times per day after a meal and I take "Super B Complex" once per day after my initial meal.

6. I put on 99.9% Aloe Vera gel on my skin after a sun tan. It not only heals, cools and cleans but it absorbs toxins and helps flush it out via the skin. It's important that you shower at least twice a day and re apply the Aloe Vera to the problem areas. Personally, I would not put it on my face because it's so effective at absorbing toxins that you may end up with a cluster of bumps which may take a while to subside after stopping use.

For face issues, I use Persa Gel 10 sporadically so that it doesn't dry out my skin too much. Never put on any benzoyl peroxide medication before going out into the sun! You will really agitate the skin and burn faster. Best time to put some on is right before going to sleep. If you have a sun burn, don't put it on unless you are comfortable. Benzoyl peroxide promotes skin peeling so avoid it when you already have a sun burn.

The best thing you can do for your skin while sun burned is to drink at least 3 to 5 bottles of fresh spring water to enable your body to hydrate and heal itself. Water is essential to clear skin!

7. Change your bed sheets and pillow casing daily! Both are loaded with bacteria and in order to reduce the potential for infection it's best to change them out often. Crack the window to your room open a bit and allow fresh air to circulate your room. Fresh oxygen keeps bacteria in check.

8. Keep your room clean and wipe it down with something like Clorox wipes to remove dust as much as possible. You don't want that hovering around and causing prolonging out breaks.

9. If you are suffering from cystic acne on your back try Salicylic Acid spray. Spray a light coating on your back after taking a shower and allow it to dry. I suggest you keep your shirt off if possible to allow your skin to breath.

10. One major thing people who suffer from acne overlook is their oral hygiene! Brushing your teeth is not enough. What you really need is a tongue scraper to get as much bacteria out if your mouth as possible before using a mouth wash. You would be surprised on how much that helps with not only freshening your breath but your overall skin condition.

It's not rocket science really ...

Eat healthy, drink plenty of fresh water, exercise, get some sun, open your window, clean your room, take a shower and use quality products.

Sure stress can cause all sorts of issues but if you look out for your health and take the proper vitamins and minerals as well as exercise your stress levels should never really get too out of hand to throw your health into a tailspin.

By the way, if you start breaking out from taking b complex vitamins it's most likely because you have other deficiencies. Probably need magnesium and zinc.

DO NOT USE
Reviewed on July 8, 2014

I started taking this after my father gave it to me as a gift. Almost immediately, I noticed cystic acne around my chin and jawline. I have always battled acne, but never in these areas. In fact, I used to keep the bottle at work. During weekends and vacations, I would notice my skin starting to calm down. But every Monday, within mere HOURS of taking this stuff, I noticed my cheeks and jawline starting to tingle. By the end of the day, I could almost guarantee multiple spots of redness, whiteheads, and even cysts beginning to form. I stopped taking it every weekday, and noticed a complete change in less than a week. If you are acne-prone, STAY AWAY from this product.

Not for me...
Reviewed on January 16, 2014

I was taking a b complex vitamin, it was actually the meijers naturals brand. Within a few days, my cystic acne flared up in a very inflammatory, painful way. The b vitamins were the only new thing in my diet/routine and I was still on winter break-so I was definitely not stressed. After I stopped the vitamins, my skin immediately calmed down and started to clear up. The only other things i was taking at the same time was the birth control (which really didn't help my skin too much & i was not near my period) and the zinc. The zinc has been working.

Since I've stopped the b-complex, I started taking Nature Made's multi-vitamin for her with no bad side effects. but if this works for you, then great!!!

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

I decided to battle my acne with vitamins because topical treatment were not working. After about 3 weeks i started to see results taking Vitamin B-5. My scars were fading and i had less breakouts. In combination with other vitamins such as A and E, my acne has cleared significantly.

Reviewed on April 16, 2012

I've been taking them consistantly for about 2 weeks now. Haven't noticed a different in my skin/acne but i did notice the energy i now have. I'm going to keep taking them and we will see what happens.

Reviewed on April 5, 2012

I started taking this in a new bid to eat healthier, cleaner food. I had been off the Acne.org regimen for a couple months and my acne was minimal. A few days after starting the vitamins, I started getting painful cysts around my mouth and jawline. I hadn't had a single cyst in months. I also got dermatitis flare-ups. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to make the connection between the B-Complex and the skin problems. It was only after a couple weeks of taking the vitamins and battling increasing amounts of acne that I had the brilliant idea of stopping that which I really shouldn't have started in the first place.

Weeks later, I am still dealing with jawline cysts, albeit in smaller numbers, and my urine still has a slight greenish tint.

by LonLonRancher on 07/08/2014 17:52
This is exactly what happened to me. I'm just sorry that I didn't notice the connection sooner!