Nature Made L-Lysine reviews

4.4/5 - 5 reviews

Brand: Nature Made

Nature Made L-Lysine

Perfect supplement for skin health
Reviewed on February 11, 2017

I have been taking this supplement for 1 week and my active acne seems to clear,just like the acne red marks that are beginning to fade.It helps the skin to heal.Highly recommended :)

Could work, but triggered cold sores for me
Reviewed on December 17, 2016

Apparently this is supposed to be a surprising wonder all natural supplement to help acne. On the downside, its also used to prevent cold sores. Took for 3 days and had 3 cold sores pop up out of nowhere. This never happens to me, i usually get a cold sore 2-3 times a year, when is stressed or immune is low. could be my final exam stress right now though. I might wait until stress has died down to give it a go again... seems odd it would promote cold sores forming not the opposite (?). Will write back here again if i take successfully and notice improvements with acne.

i think this actually really worked for me
Reviewed on October 1, 2014

Before I had really mildly bad acne problems. I would have red cluster acne on the sides of my cheek constantly. Like they werent really outbreaks but like a daily 24-7 problem. But I feel like this last year, since I started taking this L lysine pill, i actually dont really have acne anymore. I didnt even realize it until maybe a month ago or something. My face is clear aside from what I assume is scaring. As a side note, I also sleep using the towl i used to clean myself off after a shower on my pillow when I sleep. (So you avoid sleeping on dirty pillow sheets) I don't know if that helped play a role into helping me but figured I'd mention that. And maybe it might help others too.

almost a miracle!
Reviewed on July 28, 2013

I bought this product since it had good reviews for treating and preventing cold sores. Well, I'm not sure how effective it was for treating the cold sore I had at the time, but I noticed since I started taking Lysine for that week while I had my cold sore that my acne and cystic acne had been slowly clearing up. I had been dealing with cystic acne since I got off birth control when I was 23, now 28. So, I continued to take it after my cold sore disappeared, and wouldn't you know, my acne was almost 100% gone with a few small pimples every once in a while, and mostly around my period. Soon enough, for the first time in years, my cystic acne was completely gone!

On a side note, I started to become so confident in my appearance that I stopped taking Lysine once a day thinking that my clear skin was just a coincidence and my skin was miraculously cured in my older age (I have this idea that my skin shouldn't be breaking out past mid 20's), but I was completely wrong. As soon as I started skipping my pills, taking them once every 3-4 days just to be cautious, I started breaking out again. At the first cystic break out I went back on Lysine once a day and that was that. Since then, I have not broken out at all.

Of course, I have other dietary regimes which I believe contribute a lot to my clear skin, but Lysine is a miracle in itself. Even with my diet, I would constantly have at least 5-10 pimples and cysts on my face at all times. If you struggle with the same problems, definitely give this a shot!

Nika
Reviewed on February 6, 2011

It's VERY good for building strong skin health around the mouth. Fights cold sores AND acne. I take it everyday and the skin around my mouth is a lot better at resisting infection and heals quicker.