Nature Made Coconut Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 136 reviews

Brand: Nature Made

Nature Made Coconut Oil

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Organic).

Nature Made Coconut Oil

Buy this product if you want clear skin!
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

I don't even know where to begin with my holy grail oil but my number one piece of advice is to stick with it. I bought my first jar of coconut oil around 2 years ago as I had read it can help to clear up acne however, it caused me to breakout so I stopped using it pretty much straight away. Around a year ago I decided to give it a go again as it had done wonders to my hair. Long story short, it did break me out for a while but I now see this as a purging stage where the oil was clearing the pores. However, I stuck at it and my skin began clearing up after a week or so. Now, I use this to remove my makeup (BEST makeup remover ever!) and cleanse my skin morning and night and it works wonders!! Plus it has made my skin so smooth, hydrated and less red.

I used to have such bad cystic acne since I was 13 (I am now 18) so the fact this natural product has cleared it up is no short of a miracle. It has changed my outlook on curing acne in that you don't need to buy expensive products filled with harsh chemicals to clear the skin.

I also use coconut oil to oil pull (google it if unsure) and it has helped to whiten my teeth and improve my breath (as well as a whole host of internal benefits).

Please buy a jar of this if you want clear skin. I realize that everyone's skin reacts differently to different products so if it doesn't work it can be used as a hair mask (which will work wonders in anyone's hair) instead. Oh and make sure it's extra virgin organic cold pressed coconut oil (anything else has been filtered to remove the goodness).

Eat it!
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I suffer from hormonal acne—I’m talking the giant cysts that looks like you're trying to grow another nose; and those suckers can last for weeks. I started eating coconut oil several months ago. I would have it on a slice of toast as a snack, but not really much more than that. I didn't see a difference, so I decided to up the serving size. Now, I eat it by the spoonful. I have about two tablespoons, spaced out through the day. So, a spoonful before work, when I get home and then before bed. My acne has near enough disappeared. This month, I got one—yes, one!—cyst on my chin, but it died down in only a couple of days. I'm still too afraid to use it as a moisturizer, but I'm happy with the results from eating it. My favourite brand is Tiana.

For those people whose acne has gotten a lot worse from using coconut oil might have an intolerance/allergy to it. I have the same problem when I use/consume products with sunflower oil in them. Then, it’s acne city.

Pregnant Acne Prone/Sensitive/Dry Skin
Reviewed on April 16, 2015

FYI: I am 21 yo and pregnant. And I have been oil cleaning and moisturizing for 2 1/2 months.

Since I am pregnant, I am unable to continue the use of my prescribed acne medication (Benzoyl cream...or whatever it's called).

So after I stopped using the acne cream, I noticed my skin started to breakout with deep pimples with the use of just my Aveeno gentle foam cleanser and Vichy cream. After much research I decided to try oil cleansing and moisturizing with coconut oil. It has been two months and my skin loves it!

In the mornings I splash water on my face and use a Norwex cloth to gently wipe my face, then I use Loreal Toner for mature skin (I like to use it because it does not dry out my face as much as an acne toner would). The I apply the coconut oil as a moisturizer. ** I found my nose did not like to be moisturizer with coconut oil, so I use virgin olive oil just on my nose.**

In the evening, (with or without makeup on) I get my face wet and then rub a dime size of coconut oil all over my face for 30sec, then I get my Norwex cloth wet with hot water, ring it out and place it on my face until it's room temperature. I do this twice to pulling the oil and dirt to the surface. Then I gently use the Norwex cloth to wipe off the coconut oil. I rinse my face afterwards. Apply toner. And apply coconut oil and olive oil to moisturize.

If I do have a problem pimple I use tea tree oil to treat it, if I don't pop it and just treat it, it goes away in a few days.

Hope this helps anyone! I was so surprised by the results of coconut oil and kind of felt like a hippy but it was worth trying it out.

love love love
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

coconut oil is literally my holy grail. i use a different brand than the one showed, though. i slather some on my face in the morning and before bed and my skin is always so smooth and clear. it gets rid of blemishes and blackheads so quickly it replaces any acne treatment out there. and the best part is that its so cheap, i love it

A safe product for acne sufferers!
Reviewed on February 13, 2015

I started using Coconut oil around one to two years ago, at which time I was suffering from a lot of cystic acne; mostly on my cheeks and chin area.

I no longer experience acne as bad as I used to but I still do suffer a little around my chin area.

I'm sure that coconut oil has had a big part to play in the significant reduction of my acne. I don't believe it's ever caused me to break etc and instead all it seems to have done is help clear my acne as well as improve my skins overall appearance. I wouldn't say that is has absolutely AMAZING results but it's definitely a product worth investing in. I love that it's so moisturising, it smells good, it makes my skin glow, look more natural and especially love that's it's 100% natural.

I apply coconut oil in a few ways; I apply it to a clean face as an overnight moisturiser (sometimes adding a few drops of tea-tree oil). I apply it in the morning to a makeup free face by dampening my face with warm water, applying the product, rinsing once and then drying or in the evening in the same way to remove my makeup, using a cotton pad to get rid of the excess and also if I'm feeling lazy I just apply it directly onto my face when wearing makeup as a makeup remover using cotton pads.

My favourite method is to applying it every morning with warm water before applying make up. It makes your skin silky smooth, natural looking and glowing and I find my makeup applies really well after.

I've re-purchased coconut oil many times and I can't see myself stopping repurchasing it ever!

discipline required
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

My particular brand of coconut oil has a line on it saying "Take one tablespoon per day or as instructed by your practitioner" which is how I discovered that I love eating coconut oil so much I have literally eaten it until I've been sick. I can't open the jar without eating it. This is bad because it is essentially a jar of fat.

It's a pretty good moisturizer but too oily for my hair. Also it's delicious. Time will yet tell if it's any good (internally or not) for clearing/preventing acne

by midnightrose on 03/03/2015 18:42
How is your skin looking now after taking this over a month?
Not for me
Reviewed on January 5, 2015

Broke me out even more.

Depends on the type of skin you have......

Made me break out
Reviewed on December 15, 2014

yeah... what a bummer. Tried SO many times, even mixed it with green tea but still made me break out. Wasn't meant for my overly-sensitive skin. :(

My skin HATES coconut oil
Reviewed on December 10, 2014

Coconut oil has done nothing but make my acne WORSE. I used coconut oil as my makeupn remover, thinking it would be a great alternative for virgin olive oil (which is very expensive in my country). It tooks months of cystic acne before I realized that it was the coconut oil causing it. So naturally I stopped.

I've been under acne treatment for almost two months now, and my skin has been gettig clearer. But then two weeks after I started using a new bb cream, my cystic acne started coming back! I even began getting cystic acne on my forehead, which has been clear for months! When I checked, one of the ingredients of the bb cream was, you guessed it, COCONUT OIL. The bb cream was not cheap, so of course I'm bummed that now I have to toss it because of one ingredient.

For all the rave reviews of coconut oil here, acne prone people BEWARE still. Many, many sites state that coconut oil is HIGHLY comedogenic. A rating of 4! So while it might work wonders on some, acne prone people should still be careful before using this.

by saibo on 12/15/2014 07:17
maybe your allergic to coconut
by Piggy26 on 01/20/2015 05:37
I never had cystic acne until I started using coconut oil. How did you get rid of the cystic acne from coconut oil?? I have stopped using coconut oil almost 2 months ago and I still get cystic acne on my cheeks.
by Manda1987 on 04/27/2015 20:24
I am 28. I started getting acne at 13 and thought it would go away as an adult, it didn't. I have tried almost everything under the sun, and coconut oil is the only thing I've had success with. Make sure to use all-natural, organic, NON-SCENTED coconut oil. I see people commenting on "loving the scent" of the coconut but pharmacists and dermatologists will tell you to use non-scented. I also use lemon juice as an astringent before bedtime. Good luck!
I will never put face wash on my face again.
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I wanted to stop by and put a review out there about my personal coconut oil success. I don't use certified organic, but regular Louann coconut oil. It is non-hydrogonated, non-GMO. I purchase in the baking isle of the grocery for about $6 and go through a jar every 6-8 weeks. I used to have extremely oily skin that would get huge volcanic like pimples about once or twice a year and always had those pesky blackheads, but otherwise, acne was something always on my heels, but not quite a conquerer of my skin. Now on to the good stuff.

I startd using the OCM (oil cleansing method) about a year a go using jojoba oil and keeping up with my face wash regiment. I wasn't getting any of the results I hoped for. Then I read a blog published by a man who hasn't used soap in over a year. Sounds nasty at first, but stay with me. To basically summarize, you only use soap on the parts that matter if you know what I mean *wink wink* and ONLY a warm, soft washcloth to "wash" the rest of your body and to exfoliate while in the shower. Once you've rinsed and turned off the shower, smear the oil on your whole body while still wet- face too. Then towel dry. This will take off the excess oil. I should say now that I still wash my hair like normal, and sometimes I still use regular soap. Like maybe once a month. But I have not used face wash in almost a year. I will never put soap on my face again. If you google coconut oil, you will be amazed by the anti bacterial property it possesses and the science about how like dissolves like etc...I sometimes wash my face with the coconut oil then rinse with warm water then smear a small amount after the makeup has been rinsed away and pat dry. My husband comments on my skin regularly and I routinely have people tell me I look much younger than I am. And that oily skin I used to have? No more. I am not exaggerating when i say I haven't used foundation, or powder on my skin in months. I am SO in love with my skin now that I wouldn't dare put anything on it other than a quick swipe of bronzer. I did get little white heads occasionally usually around my my mouth that I finally linked to teeth brushing! So now I put a little oil after brushing.