Nature Made Coconut Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 127 reviews

Brand: Nature Made

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Organic).

love love love
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

coconut oil is literally my holy grail. i use a different brand than the one showed, though. i slather some on my face in the morning and before bed and my skin is always so smooth and clear. it gets rid of blemishes and blackheads so quickly it replaces any acne treatment out there. and the best part is that its so cheap, i love it

Great oil, but not for acne
Reviewed on September 15, 2014

Let me start by saying that I love coconut oil. Eye makeup remover, moisturizer, hair conditioner... But it is simply not a good choice for acne prone skin. Every oil has a comedogenic rating (how likely it is to clog pores) ranging from 0-5. Zero doesn't clog pores, 5 is very likely to clog pores. Coconut oil is around a 4. More beneficial options for acne prone skin would be hemp seed oil or jojoba oil, rating a 0 and 2 respectively. But by all means, keep slathering the deliciously scented coconut stuff all over your legs and hair :) Great moisturizer!

Here are some sites with more information. They didn't cite their sources very well, but the info is consistent with everything else I've read:

https://[link removed]

[link removed]

by MickJ on 09/15/2014 22:49
Hmmm it removed my links. Well, if you Google "beneficial botanicals comedogenic ratings" and "naked truth beauty choosing the best oil for your skin," you should be able to find the same sites.
Might have cause a moderate bump or two, but won't stop using.
Reviewed on August 22, 2014

Until I found an alternative of course. But really, it is just.. wonderful. Made my skin soft and smooth, glowing and porcelain-like. Really, really huuuge improvement for my skin after using this and my friend even asked me if I had done a facial. Oil production is also decreased significantly, but not completely. It gives my skin a dewy complexion, which is a plus because I'm not a matte-look fan.

I don't know why, but my under-eye wrinkles are less obvious. This might be a product of something else, IDK. Just telling you guys.

And yeah.. Like other people said, coconut oil does break me out. It gave me one or two moderate bumps. You know, the kind of acne that isn't cystic but isn't mild either? Like a red spot? Yeah.. But that might be because I excitingly applies it 3 times a day and just wipe it off with a dry towel :P . So use sparingly guys.

by ripple247 on 08/22/2014 13:28
OOh and forgot to add. It made my hair softer and it cured my kerastosis pillaris! How could I forget that?
by cBrogni on 08/24/2014 04:59
Ripple247 how did you apply it to cure your KP? And how long did it take to get it cleared?
by cBrogni on 08/24/2014 14:53
Obsessed is an understatement!
Reviewed on July 8, 2014

I'm obsessed. I've been using coconut oil for literally everything (moisturizer, lotion, diaper rash cream, homemade deodorant, etc., etc.) I wanted to use something without chemicals. I was weary about putting an oil on my face when I have acne prone skin (been pretty clear for about 2 years now), but this stuff is amazing. While researching I found that is has natural antibacterial/anti-fungal properties and won't clog pores. It also makes an awesome lip balm and is great as an anti-aging cream. I slather it under my eyes and on my neck before bed. I can't be absolutely positive, but I also read online that it has natural spf it in.

I've also found it takes the redness out my skin and blemishes. LOVE IT!

Amazing!
Reviewed on March 27, 2014

I honestly do not have enough good things to say about Coconut Oil. It is my absolute favourite skincare product, and I use it for so many different things. I have been using coconut oil for about 7 months and I have not one bad thing to say about it. I have gone through numerous jars of this stuff, and I keep buying more. I use it as a makeup remover, and a moisturiser. I used to use makeup wipes and liquid makeup removers to take off my makeup, until I realised just how harsh they all were on my skin and how many unnecessary ingredients they contained, when I just needed something that would clean my face. Coconut oil does just that. I put a little in my hands, rub it all over my face until my makeup just melts away, and then wipe the oil from my face with a damp washcloth. Not only does it remove my makeup way better than any other product I've ever used, but it also leaves me face feeling soft and moisturised, so I don't need to use any creams or lotions.

Sometimes, before I go to bed, I apply a good amount of coconut oil to my face and leave it on overnight. I wake up with beautiful, soft, moisturised skin.

It's definitely been a miracle product for me, has never clogged my pores, made me break out, or caused any skin concerns, and I will continue to use it.

Coconut oil
Reviewed on February 28, 2014

Coconut oil has done wonders for my acne riddled skin, feels good, smells good and moisturizes without stripping skin of essential oils.... this is a great recipe I use for a face scrub [link removed]

Not for Face
Reviewed on February 11, 2014

Ok, my best friend recommended Coconut Oil because she uses it and it helped her acne a lot. My grandmother's friend also said to use it because its a "miracle worker" to the skin. I was so excited to use it in the beginning and i was relieved with the results at the beginning. But as time passed, my acne broke out making it even worse. I started getting more cystic acne from the coconut oil when i never have had it before. Before I knew it, I stopped because it was getting more tense and more blemishes were appearing all over my face. I realized the Coconut oil is great for other purposes, but not really for the face especially if you have acne. Maybe its my type of skin, but my mom's friend said that the oil was penetrating through my pores which probably made it worse. I just started using Milk of Magnesia and hopefully this pays for what the coconut oil did to my face.

by bre25 on 03/15/2014 05:24
When using coconut oil for acne, your acne will get worse before it gets better. It is part of the healing process. The oil is going into your pores and bringing up all the dirt and bacteria to the surface which will of course make your acne worse. But in time it will make your acne disappear. It may take a few weeks but you just have to be patient and keep with it. Things get worse before they get better. It's just a fact of life.
by Kevin Burrell on 04/25/2014 01:26
You must mean not for your face?
coconut oil acne
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

I guess that coconut oil is the best treatment of acne, i have acne in my face, so i'm ready to try coconit oil, i've read a sueful article about that, and i would like to share it with you all: [link removed]

Very multipurpose, but not great for the face.
Reviewed on December 30, 2013

First I want to say that I love coconut oil as a multipurpose product. I'll never be without a jar in my house. I use it as a pre-shampoo hair mask, for shaving my legs, moisturizing my elbows and knees when they're extra dry, and for DIY body scrubs. There are a million uses for it and I love it for that. However, that being said, I will rate it accordingly for facial care as I only feel that is fair. It's rated a 4 out of 5 on a comedogenic scale and I am adding myself to the list of many who have broken out from it. Less than a week of using it nighly caused papules and pustules around the areas I tend to break out (my cheeks). It also seems to take longer to absorb on the face than it does on the rest of my body. I honestly don't recommend giving it a shot because it is the rare acne-prone individual who has good luck with it, but if you do try it, proceed with caution.

by coconut oil acne on 12/31/2013 01:44
Exactly how coconut oil acne treats acne. The concept that the use of coconut oil acne in the pores and skin can help acne breakouts seems ridiculous at first – many acne sufferers want to have less oil on the skin. Coconut oil acne helps you to stop the irritation and therefore, it can stop acne breakouts. The magic is in two essential fatty acids, lauric acid and capric acid. On human skin, they are changed to anti-bacterial and anti-viral ingredients. Simply. Coconut oil acne kills germs causing acne on the pores and skin. And the seeds removed there is nothing for your immune system to react. Which means less irritation and less acne breakouts. - See more at: [link removed]
by coconut oil acne on 12/31/2013 01:44
Okay, but not for me
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

I've been suffering with acne for about 5-6 years now. It has increasingly gotten worse. I've made some changes in my diet (gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free) and have been taking gut supplements along with zinc, adrenogen, and B-activ. If I'm not consistent with these, my acne is HORRIBLE.

As of now, it's pretty bad, on my cheeks and forehead. I've been using coconut oil for almost two months and I'm planning on discontinuing the use of it. The first week, I went through the purging period and to was horrible, but I stuck with it. The second week remained about the same. The third week, though, was AMAZING! I saw a lot of my acne spots diminishing and reducing and my skin hadn't look so good for a long time. After that, though, it went downhill. I'm not sure if this is due to diet inconsistencies mentioned above, or if it was from the coconut oil, but I've definitely not seen any improvement, just worsening.

Coconut oil is not for me, but it may be for you.

by shirley8675309 on 01/23/2014 14:15
I had a problem similar to yours. I stopped eating tree nuts which include coconut and my face has cleared up within a few weeks. Maybe you can try eliminating nuts from your diet temporarily. I hope this helps.