Nature Made Coconut Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 145 reviews

Brand: Nature Made

Nature Made Coconut Oil

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Nature Made Coconut Oil

COCONUT OIL CURES ACNE (Especially cystic acne)! READ!!
Reviewed on November 28, 2015

I know it might sound crazy putting oil on your face but I had crazy acne breakout..totally ruined my face. Mostly cystic acne. I used all the meds and crap and nothing would help it. So I took matters in my own hands!

1) Stop using all the topical ointments and any acne creams (this crap dries skin and just causes more break outs!)

2) Only wash your face with brown sugar. When I shower I would scrub my face with brown sugar.

3) Coconut oil. If you have acne breakout stop putting acne creams. If you can't eat it DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR BODY!

I would saturate my face with Coconut oil..if you're not going anywhere that day..just put a lot of coconut oil on your face and let the healing begin. If you have very active breakout put coconut oil with your finger tips on every spot. You don't want to massage the oil and spread the infection all over your face. If you start breaking out with coconut oil don't stop. Coconut oil is not making you break out. These breakouts would have happened anyway. What a lot of coconut oil on your face will do is it will tell your body to stop overproducing oil. Because there's so much oil on your face you will stop making all the oil that makes you breakout from inside. I've been using coconut oil for over a year now and I will never EVERRRRRRRRRR using anything else for acne. When I get a breakout..I wash my face with sugar. Air drying it or paper don't want to spread infection. Then I put coconut oil on the spot..massage it into the spot and next day the thing is freaking small and almost gone. If this coconut oil doesn't work for you find another one. Find pure Organic Coconut oil. You have to give this treatment time 1-4 weeks...when your skin clear you can find another moisturizer or stick with coconut oil. Add some vitamin C and Retinol to your face. Now that my skin has cleared I use Retinol and coconut oil 2-3 times per week. If I get a breakout I just go back to coconut oil.

4) stop eating too much sugar and salt and even coffee. this stuff can make you break out.

Reviewed on November 12, 2015

Absorbs into my skin without clogging my poors.

Vitamin E is also great for your skin and EVEN has sun protection benefits.

When I do a facial (peel), or when winter comes around Im really dry I SLaTHER coconut oil on my face .

I really like it

Clogs pores, good for hair though
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

This clogs my pores and breaks me out like crazy! All these dumbasses commenting "cleared my acne in a week" are lying. Acne cannot be cured with anything topical. It must be internal.

However, i do recommend this for hair growth. It has helped alot with growing my hair!!

Reviewed on October 12, 2015

IT REALLY WORKED! CLEARED UP MY SEVERE ACNE IN A WEEK! This is the website that i got all my information to get on the road to clear skin:)

[link removed]

I recommend (so far)
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

I started this by using it to remove my makeup, and I did see an immediate improvement, but now I wash my face with face wash and then apply it as a moisturizer at night. my face looks greasy but i don't mind because im not around anyone at night anyways. I started this about 3-4 weeks ago. I feel like it really is helping! Ive had moderate (and sometimes severe) acne on my forehead for the last 6 years and so far this is the best luck I have had! I defnitely say it is worth a shot. A little goes a long way! Good luck!

coconut oil is an elixir for the seborrheic dermatitis
Reviewed on August 20, 2015

Where to start.. when i found out about coconut oil I had no clue of its purpose except that it came from coconuts. Yeah those hard round things that grow way up on tropical trees. I read good things about how it was a great cooking oil and it one of my go to oils whenever I'm cooking. The great thing about this oil is that you can use it on your skin to moisturize the skin. It has antifungal properties which improves sebderm. You only need to use a very small amount and it smells good. Because it's natural you can use it indefinitely and not have to worry about the potential harmful ingredients compared to hydrocortisone creams. Coconut oil has been one of the best purchases I've made for helping improve my skin!!

The type of oil you use on your face depends on skin type!
Reviewed on August 15, 2015

I really wanted to find a moisturizer that was chemical free; however, most natural moisturizers are extremely expensive and not that effective for me. I also had acne on my nose, so I was searching for natural ways to cure it. I came across coconut oil one day as a treatment for acne. I used it on my face for about a week until I realized that it was causing more pimples to pop up. I was really disheartened because I didn't want to go back to my chemical moisturizer. I did some more research on facial oils and I found this article: (It won't let me post a link, so just google Minimalist Beauty Oils Specifically for Acne Prone Skin. The article should come up). Apparently, the reason why certain oils work for some people but not others is because we all have different skin types, so we need to choose our oils accordingly. I would recommend experimenting with coconut oil for about a week. It is a more balanced oil according to the article, so if it doesn't suit you then you have too many more pimples than before. Then I would try an oil that is a little higher in linoleic acid, like sesame oil (coconut oil is a little higher in oleic acid). If coconut oil didn't work for you, sesame oil should. If you don't see a difference in your skin, then I would go for an oil that isn't as balanced. If you read the article, this should all make sense. Don't worry! You will find your perfect facial oil soon!

by Senor Chubbs on 08/26/2015 04:57
Interesting article thanks for sharing. I was wondering if sesame oil or any oil with higher linoleic acid is working for you?
by Sam1999 on 08/27/2015 02:39
I have been using sesame oil for about 2 weeks and it has been working well for me!
by Luna94 on 08/27/2015 23:02
the brand CeraVe has good moisturizers for different skin types without being expensive. Plus they have facial sunscreens, washes and such that are very gentle yet effective. My dermatologist recommended it and it works on my acne prone skin (:
by Ghh on 09/02/2015 22:50
Coconut oil treatment for acne. Its widely known you have to give this treatment time. It gets worse while the impurities are leaving your skin and then gets better.
by Ghh on 09/02/2015 22:55
by NowHandsaw on 09/05/2015 16:27
I tried coconut oil and it gave me more pimples. Then, I tried sesame oil and my skin was the clearest it has ever been in just one week. The minimalist beauty article was so amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Wasn't good for me to put it on topically
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

My skin type: very oily, quite sensitive, main acne problems are: pustules (predominantly) cysts (around jaw line) blackheads (nose, cheeks, chin, temples) mild/moderate acne

Tried applying coconut oil on topically for a week or so, but made my skin itch and was very very oily, also seemed to break me out more in pustules. I also tried massaging it on my hands (to make them soft) and broke me out in a mild rash, so this is obviously not the right thing for me but may be for someone else, who knows.....

Good for me
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

Mild acne/ acne prone skin

After a week of use I saw improvement in the appearance and complextion of my skin but I think it caused a few pimples. Be mindful that coconut oil is fairly comedogenic; it may work for you or it may not. Coconut oil is not for everyone. It also possesses many benefits.

Coconut oil can be used for your body and hair as well. It's also great a great makeup remover

*use extra virgin coconut oil or 100% pure unrefined coconut oil. Do not use the processed kind.

Buy this product if you want clear skin!
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

I don't even know where to begin with my holy grail oil but my number one piece of advice is to stick with it. I bought my first jar of coconut oil around 2 years ago as I had read it can help to clear up acne however, it caused me to breakout so I stopped using it pretty much straight away. Around a year ago I decided to give it a go again as it had done wonders to my hair. Long story short, it did break me out for a while but I now see this as a purging stage where the oil was clearing the pores. However, I stuck at it and my skin began clearing up after a week or so. Now, I use this to remove my makeup (BEST makeup remover ever!) and cleanse my skin morning and night and it works wonders!! Plus it has made my skin so smooth, hydrated and less red.

I used to have such bad cystic acne since I was 13 (I am now 18) so the fact this natural product has cleared it up is no short of a miracle. It has changed my outlook on curing acne in that you don't need to buy expensive products filled with harsh chemicals to clear the skin.

I also use coconut oil to oil pull (google it if unsure) and it has helped to whiten my teeth and improve my breath (as well as a whole host of internal benefits).

Please buy a jar of this if you want clear skin. I realize that everyone's skin reacts differently to different products so if it doesn't work it can be used as a hair mask (which will work wonders in anyone's hair) instead. Oh and make sure it's extra virgin organic cold pressed coconut oil (anything else has been filtered to remove the goodness).