Nature Made Coconut Oil reviews

Brand: Nature Made

Clogs pores
Reviewed on June 5, 2016

I used coconut oil to moisturize + remove makeup and a few weeks later my skin was not only clogged but the texture was rough, my skin looked darker than my own complexion, and it looked dirty. I started breaking out even more and decided to add tea tree oil into the mix to help acne ... I was wrong it made it worst. After I stopped using oils to moisturize my skin (Months ago) my skins texture is back to normal, my complexion is even and my skin is glowing. Don't use coconut oil on your face if you have Combo-oily skin! I recommend Neutrogena oil free moisturizer I have been using it for 2 months and I see a huge difference.

Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil
Reviewed on June 2, 2016

My adult cystic acne has met its match!! Cheap and there's a noticeable difference with in a week

by Malia114 on 06/26/2016 17:40
How did you use the two in combination?
its good
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

I lightly apply a layer of it to my face and body immediately after the shower and sometimes at night before I go to sleep. My skin has never been softer and I don't break out at all. I have tried the oil pulling, teeth whitener thing and it worked as well.

COCONUT OIL SUCKS FOR ACNE
Reviewed on May 18, 2016

If you have oily/sweaty skin DON'T TRY COCONUT OIL!!!!! One of the worst things I have EVER done to my spots and I have had acne for about 6 years now. I used it for a week and my spots popped up out of control, they were the worst they've ever been. Having said all this, coconut oil is AMAZING on the rest of your body, I literally put it everywhere, I mix it with shea butter and tea tree oil and then I put it all over my body and in my hair, does wonders for your edges. Coconut oil is also really good for your genital area ladies. Back to acne: I suggest assessing how severe your acne is and if it's pretty bad then go see a dermatologist and ask them about Isotetrinoin/Accutane tablets which I am currently taking, they are really doing the job. I live in the UK so it was free as I'm under 18. I have no spots which is pretty amazing for me, I just need to get rid of my acne scars and I'm making them worse by picking them :( (nervous habit). Don't be like me, DON'T PICK YOUR SPOTS/SCABS. The BEST treatment for acne scars is using an exfoliating brush set and using pure aloe vera gel with a very basic moisturiser like Cetaphil. My skin is glowing and the transformation is just amazing really. P.S the main side effect of the tablets is dry lips and I mean reallyyyyy dry :( and also your doctor will have to monitor you closely and stuff because there are other possible side effects. You're also not allowed at any cost to get pregnant 4 months before or after or during the treatment because the baby could be harmed by the tablets but your doctor will explain it all (I didn't have to worry about this because I'm 16 and I signed to say that I'm not sexually active but they still make me do a pregancy test each time). Here is a link to the exfoliating brushes I use and a 70% discount code too so it should be like $47 :) [link removed] DISCOUNT CODE: JAYSPA

by adaeze on 05/19/2016 00:05
acne.org have removed the link :( :( but if you want the brushes you can @ me on twitter or instagram @adaezeldn for the link or just go to Vanity Planet online and search for the Ultimate Skin Spa System facial brushes :)
good but not great
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

I use it to remove make up and it works great. I do not recommend leaving this on your skin as It is a very heavy oil and will clog your pores without a doubt.It will make your skin break out but Hair is a different story. This is lovely as a hair mask. It is great for dry scalps.

its not for clog prone skin
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

I'm a highly clog prone person, i put it on my face for 1 week, and i noticed a new cyst was forming in the crease in my face, and my pores were clogged.

worked for a week
Reviewed on April 21, 2016

I used coconut oil for 3 weeks. The first week was amazing: I rarely got an infection, everything was healing faster (old and new scars) and my skin just felt amazing. After that week things just got back to how they were before I started using coconut oil. It wasn't teribble but I got infections pretty often, especially really small whiteheads on my forehead. Also my skin didn't feel as soft and amazing as it did the first week. I would recommend trying it but only if you have really light acne that could be cured relatively fast or some scarring that you want to get rid of. Good luck! :)

Amazing
Reviewed on April 10, 2016

Coconut oil has done wonders for my skin. I have a small amount of acne but pretty severe scarring. I use epiduo at night with the tiniest little scrape of coconut oil all over my face. In the morning I wash with cetaphil and use the tiniest little bit of coconut oil as moisturiser. If coconut oil is breaking you out you are using too much. You only need a scrape the size of half a pea for your whole face. I also use a home made Baking soda and coconut oil face scrub once a week. My skin is clearing rapidly, feels so soft and is glowing! luuuurve it!

didn' t work for me
Reviewed on April 2, 2016

At first week it seems to reduce acne,but after that it made my acne worse........ And....... Worse.

I think coconut oil is highly comedegonic

Gave it the ol college try
Reviewed on February 18, 2016

I have suffered from severe acne for over 2 years and over the last 6 months or more my acne has been great, it improved more and more all the way up to now. its no longer everywhere, leaves as quick as it comes, and though i still got cysts it is was better than the past and usually correlated with something else. my skin was finally all clear of acne except for some hyper pigmentation and whiteheads but since it was winter i decided to try coconut oil. i LOVE coconut oil i use it to cook, and basically pour it all over myself(except my face now). After about 2 weeks of using it i stopped because i was getting acne in places i hadn't gotten in years, and it was becoming unpredictable once more. i have stopped using it for only a week now and my face has almost completely cleared back up except for new marks from the breakout. all in all, i suggest try it cuz if it doesn't work pimples will clear back up quickly. but ask yourself if its worth it because now i personally have to wait for new hyper pigmentation to go away again and thats a pain to go through.