Nature Made Coconut Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 140 reviews

Brand: Nature Made

Nature Made Coconut Oil

coconut oil is an elixir for the seborrheic dermatitis
Reviewed on August 20, 2015

Where to start.. when i found out about coconut oil I had no clue of its purpose except that it came from coconuts. Yeah those hard round things that grow way up on tropical trees. I read good things about how it was a great cooking oil and it one of my go to oils whenever I'm cooking. The great thing about this oil is that you can use it on your skin to moisturize the skin. It has antifungal properties which improves sebderm. You only need to use a very small amount and it smells good. Because it's natural you can use it indefinitely and not have to worry about the potential harmful ingredients compared to hydrocortisone creams. Coconut oil has been one of the best purchases I've made for helping improve my skin!!

The type of oil you use on your face depends on skin type!
Reviewed on August 15, 2015

I really wanted to find a moisturizer that was chemical free; however, most natural moisturizers are extremely expensive and not that effective for me. I also had acne on my nose, so I was searching for natural ways to cure it. I came across coconut oil one day as a treatment for acne. I used it on my face for about a week until I realized that it was causing more pimples to pop up. I was really disheartened because I didn't want to go back to my chemical moisturizer. I did some more research on facial oils and I found this article: (It won't let me post a link, so just google Minimalist Beauty Oils Specifically for Acne Prone Skin. The article should come up). Apparently, the reason why certain oils work for some people but not others is because we all have different skin types, so we need to choose our oils accordingly. I would recommend experimenting with coconut oil for about a week. It is a more balanced oil according to the article, so if it doesn't suit you then you have too many more pimples than before. Then I would try an oil that is a little higher in linoleic acid, like sesame oil (coconut oil is a little higher in oleic acid). If coconut oil didn't work for you, sesame oil should. If you don't see a difference in your skin, then I would go for an oil that isn't as balanced. If you read the article, this should all make sense. Don't worry! You will find your perfect facial oil soon!

by Senor Chubbs on 08/26/2015 04:57
Interesting article thanks for sharing. I was wondering if sesame oil or any oil with higher linoleic acid is working for you?
by Sam1999 on 08/27/2015 02:39
I have been using sesame oil for about 2 weeks and it has been working well for me!
by Luna94 on 08/27/2015 23:02
the brand CeraVe has good moisturizers for different skin types without being expensive. Plus they have facial sunscreens, washes and such that are very gentle yet effective. My dermatologist recommended it and it works on my acne prone skin (:
by Ghh on 09/02/2015 22:50
Coconut oil treatment for acne. Its widely known you have to give this treatment time. It gets worse while the impurities are leaving your skin and then gets better.
by Ghh on 09/02/2015 22:55
Wasn't good for me to put it on topically
Reviewed on August 5, 2015

My skin type: very oily, quite sensitive, main acne problems are: pustules (predominantly) cysts (around jaw line) blackheads (nose, cheeks, chin, temples) mild/moderate acne

Tried applying coconut oil on topically for a week or so, but made my skin itch and was very very oily, also seemed to break me out more in pustules. I also tried massaging it on my hands (to make them soft) and broke me out in a mild rash, so this is obviously not the right thing for me but may be for someone else, who knows.....

Good for me
Reviewed on June 14, 2015

Mild acne/ acne prone skin

After a week of use I saw improvement in the appearance and complextion of my skin but I think it caused a few pimples. Be mindful that coconut oil is fairly comedogenic; it may work for you or it may not. Coconut oil is not for everyone. It also possesses many benefits.

Coconut oil can be used for your body and hair as well. It's also great a great makeup remover

*use extra virgin coconut oil or 100% pure unrefined coconut oil. Do not use the processed kind.

Buy this product if you want clear skin!
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

I don't even know where to begin with my holy grail oil but my number one piece of advice is to stick with it. I bought my first jar of coconut oil around 2 years ago as I had read it can help to clear up acne however, it caused me to breakout so I stopped using it pretty much straight away. Around a year ago I decided to give it a go again as it had done wonders to my hair. Long story short, it did break me out for a while but I now see this as a purging stage where the oil was clearing the pores. However, I stuck at it and my skin began clearing up after a week or so. Now, I use this to remove my makeup (BEST makeup remover ever!) and cleanse my skin morning and night and it works wonders!! Plus it has made my skin so smooth, hydrated and less red.

I used to have such bad cystic acne since I was 13 (I am now 18) so the fact this natural product has cleared it up is no short of a miracle. It has changed my outlook on curing acne in that you don't need to buy expensive products filled with harsh chemicals to clear the skin.

I also use coconut oil to oil pull (google it if unsure) and it has helped to whiten my teeth and improve my breath (as well as a whole host of internal benefits).

Please buy a jar of this if you want clear skin. I realize that everyone's skin reacts differently to different products so if it doesn't work it can be used as a hair mask (which will work wonders in anyone's hair) instead. Oh and make sure it's extra virgin organic cold pressed coconut oil (anything else has been filtered to remove the goodness).

Eat it!
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I suffer from hormonal acne—I’m talking the giant cysts that looks like you're trying to grow another nose; and those suckers can last for weeks. I started eating coconut oil several months ago. I would have it on a slice of toast as a snack, but not really much more than that. I didn't see a difference, so I decided to up the serving size. Now, I eat it by the spoonful. I have about two tablespoons, spaced out through the day. So, a spoonful before work, when I get home and then before bed. My acne has near enough disappeared. This month, I got one—yes, one!—cyst on my chin, but it died down in only a couple of days. I'm still too afraid to use it as a moisturizer, but I'm happy with the results from eating it. My favourite brand is Tiana.

For those people whose acne has gotten a lot worse from using coconut oil might have an intolerance/allergy to it. I have the same problem when I use/consume products with sunflower oil in them. Then, it’s acne city.

by Luna94 on 08/27/2015 23:04
Eating it only? or did you also apply it directly?? i suffer from hormonal acne as well..
Pregnant Acne Prone/Sensitive/Dry Skin
Reviewed on April 16, 2015

FYI: I am 21 yo and pregnant. And I have been oil cleaning and moisturizing for 2 1/2 months.

Since I am pregnant, I am unable to continue the use of my prescribed acne medication (Benzoyl cream...or whatever it's called).

So after I stopped using the acne cream, I noticed my skin started to breakout with deep pimples with the use of just my Aveeno gentle foam cleanser and Vichy cream. After much research I decided to try oil cleansing and moisturizing with coconut oil. It has been two months and my skin loves it!

In the mornings I splash water on my face and use a Norwex cloth to gently wipe my face, then I use Loreal Toner for mature skin (I like to use it because it does not dry out my face as much as an acne toner would). The I apply the coconut oil as a moisturizer. ** I found my nose did not like to be moisturizer with coconut oil, so I use virgin olive oil just on my nose.**

In the evening, (with or without makeup on) I get my face wet and then rub a dime size of coconut oil all over my face for 30sec, then I get my Norwex cloth wet with hot water, ring it out and place it on my face until it's room temperature. I do this twice to pulling the oil and dirt to the surface. Then I gently use the Norwex cloth to wipe off the coconut oil. I rinse my face afterwards. Apply toner. And apply coconut oil and olive oil to moisturize.

If I do have a problem pimple I use tea tree oil to treat it, if I don't pop it and just treat it, it goes away in a few days.

Hope this helps anyone! I was so surprised by the results of coconut oil and kind of felt like a hippy but it was worth trying it out.

love love love
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

coconut oil is literally my holy grail. i use a different brand than the one showed, though. i slather some on my face in the morning and before bed and my skin is always so smooth and clear. it gets rid of blemishes and blackheads so quickly it replaces any acne treatment out there. and the best part is that its so cheap, i love it

A safe product for acne sufferers!
Reviewed on February 13, 2015

I started using Coconut oil around one to two years ago, at which time I was suffering from a lot of cystic acne; mostly on my cheeks and chin area.

I no longer experience acne as bad as I used to but I still do suffer a little around my chin area.

I'm sure that coconut oil has had a big part to play in the significant reduction of my acne. I don't believe it's ever caused me to break etc and instead all it seems to have done is help clear my acne as well as improve my skins overall appearance. I wouldn't say that is has absolutely AMAZING results but it's definitely a product worth investing in. I love that it's so moisturising, it smells good, it makes my skin glow, look more natural and especially love that's it's 100% natural.

I apply coconut oil in a few ways; I apply it to a clean face as an overnight moisturiser (sometimes adding a few drops of tea-tree oil). I apply it in the morning to a makeup free face by dampening my face with warm water, applying the product, rinsing once and then drying or in the evening in the same way to remove my makeup, using a cotton pad to get rid of the excess and also if I'm feeling lazy I just apply it directly onto my face when wearing makeup as a makeup remover using cotton pads.

My favourite method is to applying it every morning with warm water before applying make up. It makes your skin silky smooth, natural looking and glowing and I find my makeup applies really well after.

I've re-purchased coconut oil many times and I can't see myself stopping repurchasing it ever!

discipline required
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

My particular brand of coconut oil has a line on it saying "Take one tablespoon per day or as instructed by your practitioner" which is how I discovered that I love eating coconut oil so much I have literally eaten it until I've been sick. I can't open the jar without eating it. This is bad because it is essentially a jar of fat.

It's a pretty good moisturizer but too oily for my hair. Also it's delicious. Time will yet tell if it's any good (internally or not) for clearing/preventing acne

by midnightrose on 03/03/2015 18:42
How is your skin looking now after taking this over a month?