Nature Made Coconut Oil reviews

Brand: Nature Made

worked for a week
Reviewed on April 21, 2016

I used coconut oil for 3 weeks. The first week was amazing: I rarely got an infection, everything was healing faster (old and new scars) and my skin just felt amazing. After that week things just got back to how they were before I started using coconut oil. It wasn't teribble but I got infections pretty often, especially really small whiteheads on my forehead. Also my skin didn't feel as soft and amazing as it did the first week. I would recommend trying it but only if you have really light acne that could be cured relatively fast or some scarring that you want to get rid of. Good luck! :)

Amazing
Reviewed on April 10, 2016

Coconut oil has done wonders for my skin. I have a small amount of acne but pretty severe scarring. I use epiduo at night with the tiniest little scrape of coconut oil all over my face. In the morning I wash with cetaphil and use the tiniest little bit of coconut oil as moisturiser. If coconut oil is breaking you out you are using too much. You only need a scrape the size of half a pea for your whole face. I also use a home made Baking soda and coconut oil face scrub once a week. My skin is clearing rapidly, feels so soft and is glowing! luuuurve it!

didn' t work for me
Reviewed on April 2, 2016

At first week it seems to reduce acne,but after that it made my acne worse........ And....... Worse.

I think coconut oil is highly comedegonic

Gave it the ol college try
Reviewed on February 18, 2016

I have suffered from severe acne for over 2 years and over the last 6 months or more my acne has been great, it improved more and more all the way up to now. its no longer everywhere, leaves as quick as it comes, and though i still got cysts it is was better than the past and usually correlated with something else. my skin was finally all clear of acne except for some hyper pigmentation and whiteheads but since it was winter i decided to try coconut oil. i LOVE coconut oil i use it to cook, and basically pour it all over myself(except my face now). After about 2 weeks of using it i stopped because i was getting acne in places i hadn't gotten in years, and it was becoming unpredictable once more. i have stopped using it for only a week now and my face has almost completely cleared back up except for new marks from the breakout. all in all, i suggest try it cuz if it doesn't work pimples will clear back up quickly. but ask yourself if its worth it because now i personally have to wait for new hyper pigmentation to go away again and thats a pain to go through.

ITS GREAT!
Reviewed on February 16, 2016

ive been using coconut oil for many years for me it works everything it cures cystic acne i apply it before bed every night i can see the result very fast that i have better skin(body and face )and its also good for hairs.

Could of been worse but it was bad
Reviewed on December 27, 2015

I have teenage, acne prone skin. I have moderate acne! I thought i would use coconut oil and go down the natural route as it made so much sense to me. At first, my skin looked calmer and fresh. 2 weeks later, and i have just stopped using it and dissapointingly went back to my usual cleansing routine. I persivered through the clogged pores, small whiteheads, and just bumping skin especially on the forehead as i was convinced this was the 'detox' effect, but i just cant bear it any longer! It also seemed to bring out my acne scars? To be honest my skin was a mess, i realised this when looking back a pictures before using the oil and i couldnt believe how clear my skin was. It has just set me back! It rated 4 therefore blocks pores, i hear it works on some people though maybe those that are not acne prone.

worked for me (READ MY TLDR IF YOU SUFFER FROM CYSTIC ACNE)
Reviewed on December 1, 2015

TRY IT. I've had cystic acne on and off since 4th grade, I'm currently a senior in high school. I put on coconut oil before going to sleep and it has improved my skin more than retin a and benzaclin. My advice is to at least try it. Something else that worked for me (I just want to put it here because the only way I found out about it was specifically looking it up), if you also get a cyst every month or so like I do, try drinking less or no milk (if you drink it). I used to drink tons of milk until a couple of months ago when I simply stopped drinking it as much. Every once in awhile I would have a glass of milk and the next day I would end up with a huge cyst on my face. After awhile I started noticing a pattern and decided to stop drinking milk altogether- it just isn't worth it. What I found strange is that no doctor ever brought this up that drinking milk could be the cause of my problems. I would advise to stop drinking milk in combo with coconut oil, it certainly can't hurt and it could end up being VERY worth it. I just wish someone had told me sooner.

***TLDR; TRY COCONUT OIL, DRINKING WATER, AND DRINKING LESS MILK. IT CAN'T HURT!!***

COCONUT OIL CURES ACNE (Especially cystic acne)! READ!!
Reviewed on November 28, 2015

I know it might sound crazy putting oil on your face but I had crazy acne breakout..totally ruined my face. Mostly cystic acne. I used all the meds and crap and nothing would help it. So I took matters in my own hands!

1) Stop using all the topical ointments and any acne creams (this crap dries skin and just causes more break outs!)

2) Only wash your face with brown sugar. When I shower I would scrub my face with brown sugar.

3) Coconut oil. If you have acne breakout stop putting acne creams. If you can't eat it DON'T PUT IT ON YOUR BODY!

I would saturate my face with Coconut oil..if you're not going anywhere that day..just put a lot of coconut oil on your face and let the healing begin. If you have very active breakout put coconut oil with your finger tips on every spot. You don't want to massage the oil and spread the infection all over your face. If you start breaking out with coconut oil don't stop. Coconut oil is not making you break out. These breakouts would have happened anyway. What a lot of coconut oil on your face will do is it will tell your body to stop overproducing oil. Because there's so much oil on your face you will stop making all the oil that makes you breakout from inside. I've been using coconut oil for over a year now and I will never EVERRRRRRRRRR using anything else for acne. When I get a breakout..I wash my face with sugar. Air drying it or paper towel..you don't want to spread infection. Then I put coconut oil on the spot..massage it into the spot and next day the thing is freaking small and almost gone. If this coconut oil doesn't work for you find another one. Find pure Organic Coconut oil. You have to give this treatment time 1-4 weeks...when your skin clear you can find another moisturizer or stick with coconut oil. Add some vitamin C and Retinol to your face. Now that my skin has cleared I use Retinol and coconut oil 2-3 times per week. If I get a breakout I just go back to coconut oil.

4) stop eating too much sugar and salt and even coffee. this stuff can make you break out.

Clogg-free!
Reviewed on November 12, 2015

Absorbs into my skin without clogging my poors.

Vitamin E is also great for your skin and EVEN has sun protection benefits.

When I do a facial (peel), or when winter comes around Im really dry I SLaTHER coconut oil on my face .

I really like it

Clogs pores, good for hair though
Reviewed on October 26, 2015

This clogs my pores and breaks me out like crazy! All these dumbasses commenting "cleared my acne in a week" are lying. Acne cannot be cured with anything topical. It must be internal.

However, i do recommend this for hair growth. It has helped alot with growing my hair!!