N-Lite Laser Acne Treatment

Average price: $677.13

Most helpful review

By Acne - Grrr!, Doncaster on 09/21/2010
thumbnail

I attended The Private Clinic in Manchester for 3 treatments, each time I asked that they increase the strength of the laser. The treatment isn't painful, but it is uncomfortable - feels a little like a pin being run over your face. Acne flares up after treatment but it is worth it! One month after my final laser-ing and I had clear skin. I have had the best 6/7 months - I haven't used any acne treatments and my skin stayed perfect. The only problem is that it has now come back :( and I need to find another £850 to fix it or find another treatment. I would recommend this treatment if you've tried all the medication and you've reached the end of the line with your useless GP who asks you why you're so bothered about 'a few spots'. I was 22 when I had the treatment and it was worth it! If you can find any other provider than The Private Clinic that offers N-Lite in the UK, go elsewhere! They were a complete sham. I won't go into detail but let's say that I attended the clinic 4 times in all, they never had my appointment correctly booked, the door was always faulty, and all in all I think I spent 2 hours waiting to be seen!!! And last but not least, don't waste extra money on the products they sell you - total waste of time!.

Pros:
  • It actually worked - 6 months completely spot free!!
Cons:
  • Short term & costly! The Private Clinic are also usless.

390 out of 641 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

Unless there is a miracle improvement after my final session I will believe I have been conned!

Pros

• None! (So Far)

Cons

• I am due to have my third and final treatment tomorrow. So far my acne has not changed at all. Treatment was painful at the time but no bruising or swelling afterwards which makes me think it may not have been strong enough.
  • Oh and it cost £790!
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 790
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

go for it, do you research and dont take no for an answer from your GP. I have severe cystic ance caused through an illness, I tried everyting and was dismissed by many GP's. This and topical retinoid treatments combined with diet and nutrition has helped with scarring, healing and overall skin texture, and the bonus is it apparently also helps with wrinkles!!!

for me it was the only thing that has helped, I still get outbreaks but fewer and the scaring has reduced dramatically. I can go out of the house without having to put a mask of foundation on and only use light mineral make up (also great for prob skin)

good luck, I really know how debilitating acne is, make you Dr listen to you and gain control of your skin. Its easy for them to be dismissive when they dont have to live with it.

Pros

• saw a huge difference in my skin. had tried EVERYTHING. but I do truly believe you have to look at diet and lifestyle, its not a miracle cure for acne. I also see a nutritonist which has also helped massively. Its about taking an holitic approach

Cons

• the cost BUT, I would never be able to afford it. I was referred through my GP. It was a 5 year battle, but I researched researched researched!!, and would not take no for an answer. I got it on the NHS. Everyone is entitled to this.
  • moderately severe
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i had three n lite treatments at skin meical manchester. i had very very mild spots on my cheeks. 4 months later I have ACNE IN PLACES I HAVE NEVER HAD IT BEFORE. i wake up every morning to have a new puss filled spot. now i feel that my skin was beautiful before i started the treatment. Why O Why did i have to get this n lite done. it has spread all over ma cheeks and the side of my face. RUINED MY LIFE AND CONFIDENCE

Pros

• NOTHING

Cons

• EVERYTHING
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Well I started my treatment at the Cottage surgery in Dudley , they're the most recommended acne treatment place in the West Midlands with celebrity customers who come there. Two years ago I started & my acne was very severe with cists and large , deep scaring & lots of blackhead particularly on my nose & redness. After the 1st treatment you could see a huge difference in my skin & after a one a month session for 6 months my skin was almost perfect , had a few pumpkin peals to help get rid of scars and now continue to have one treatment every 2 months just to keep my skin looking as nice as it does now , no scarring , no acne , no redness , my skin is perfect and you would never of know I had ever had acne. I would 200% recommend it to people , especially the Cottage surgery. they have people as far as the Isle of man & London as customers because they're so renound for their treatments. & they're not money grabbers.

Pros

• Acne cleared up alot , less black heads and acne scaring improved

Cons

• Expensive!
  • moderately severe
  • $ 200
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

but she did put the laser on MAX level and said we need to traumatize the skin and long term results will be better, but ill keep everyone informed on a weekly basis. But so far from what my skin use to be id recomond looking at the microdermbrasion aswell as the n-lite, now the packages dont come cheap i payed 800 pounds. the microdermbrasion is a little vacuum that lifts off the dead skin and sprays some kind of crystals onto the skin, they said this helps with the n-lite aswell, the microder..... makes the skin softer and smoother the place i went to are also taking pictures to keep track on my improvements so i will be able to see the before and after results.

Pros

• My skin has become smoother and softer and a little less breakouts this is after 1 n lite and 2 microdermabrasion treatments

Cons

• Not fast results but nothing is instant in this world....just had my second n-lite (yesterday) and have some real bad bruising all over my face its smooth bruising though :S
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 800
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

hi about 5 days ago i went and had my first nlite treatment.the dermatoligist did no skin testing!

szo now im in dy 5 and i have no results!did anyone else no see results in the first week?

ty

Pros

• non yet

Cons

• no improvments
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 160
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had my first treatment 3days ago and im really worry it will not work!!

Im worried because i feel that this is my last chance of being happy! my skin is on my mind 24/7 and its ruining my life!!! so far skin seems totally the same.. i atleast wanted a swollen face to show it was doing something!!

Also think i've been conned as i went to the pivate clinic in harley st also and its very expensive!!

Pros

• ???

Cons

• Hurts and Expensive!!
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 1000
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Clears skin

Cons

• None
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 900

By on

I've had acne since 13, now 23, like most of you I tried everything short of accutane. Antibiotics were the only success story for me until now.

First couple of treatments I was disappointed and started to worry if I wasted my money (again!), broke out mildly before the third treatment. I would say I'm now 80% clear, I still get spots but they're far smaller and heal quicker.

I had my treatments at the skin health spa in selfridges, the staff are perfectly pleasant but bottom line is they are selling you a product, and you get that feeling. But if you've done your research and want to try it who cares!

Had initial 3 treatments for £400 (this includes a glycolic peel and extractions before each laser) and I'm having a 4th done at reduced price of £100. After 4th I will have the top ups. I also bought the products to go with, they're Jan Marini and I think they help with pigmentation.

So far it's worth it, as long as the maintenence treatments that follow

Pros

• No side effects

Cons

• Costly but worth it, uncomfortable treatment
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 600
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

In my consultation, the nurse decided I should need three treatments in total, costing £225 each. I was told the treatment would clear up the spots and calm some of the permenent redness and scarring on my face. However, it is about a month after my third and final treatment, and my skin looks and behaves exactly the same way as before I had anything done. I have spent all this money and there are no results to show for it. Its a complete waste, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I felt that the nurse at The Private Clinic wasn't very knowledgeable or helpful, and when I queried the fact that there was no improvements, or even side effects during the treatment as you're ment to get an outbreak of spots, she just kept fobbing me off with " it takes time to see any results".

Pros

• None

Cons

• Treatment is very expensive, and it doesn't work. The treatment itself is quite painful, and there is no aftercare.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 675
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.