N-Lite Laser Acne Treatment

Average price: $677.13

Most helpful review

By Acne - Grrr!, Doncaster on 09/21/2010
thumbnail

I attended The Private Clinic in Manchester for 3 treatments, each time I asked that they increase the strength of the laser. The treatment isn't painful, but it is uncomfortable - feels a little like a pin being run over your face. Acne flares up after treatment but it is worth it! One month after my final laser-ing and I had clear skin. I have had the best 6/7 months - I haven't used any acne treatments and my skin stayed perfect. The only problem is that it has now come back :( and I need to find another £850 to fix it or find another treatment. I would recommend this treatment if you've tried all the medication and you've reached the end of the line with your useless GP who asks you why you're so bothered about 'a few spots'. I was 22 when I had the treatment and it was worth it! If you can find any other provider than The Private Clinic that offers N-Lite in the UK, go elsewhere! They were a complete sham. I won't go into detail but let's say that I attended the clinic 4 times in all, they never had my appointment correctly booked, the door was always faulty, and all in all I think I spent 2 hours waiting to be seen!!! And last but not least, don't waste extra money on the products they sell you - total waste of time!.

Pros:
  • It actually worked - 6 months completely spot free!!
Cons:
  • Short term & costly! The Private Clinic are also usless.

390 out of 641 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I have to wait until November when they look back at my face to see if there are any changes. I'm hoping there is but considering others have said they saw instant changes I'm guessing it hasn't worked for me. Then they'll recommended other treatments such as chemical peels and micro-dermabrasion which surprise surprise COST. For something that has cost over £650, I dont think its a risk people should take unless you have the money to gamble. I hasnt done anything for my scars. Will have to wait for this collagen crap to kick in.

Pros

• I can't see any. Had three treatments 2 weeks apart at the Private Clinic at Manchester and atm nothing brilliant.

Cons

• No noticeable changes. Acne hasn't changed. Skin still red. People say that changes appear at the second or even third treatment but at the second, skin was indifferent and third lots more spots in new places. Its expensive! Lots of cheaper places!
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 650
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I would recommend the N-Lite treatment. I had suffered from moderate to severe acne for a couple of years and initially went for 6 sessions. The Private Clinic are hopeless and consistently cocked up my appointments. Twice booking them on the wrong day, and my average waiting time was over an hour. Plus the nurses, although very polite, always treated me like they couldn't wait to get me out the door. The whole place is hopelessly disorganised. Even when I wrote a letter of complaint I had to ring every day for three weeks to get a response - a half hearted apology only. the treatment seemed to make my skin worse the first time, then the second time the spots started to heal more quickly and left less scarring. After 6 treatments it was pretty much gone and my scars looked much better. it also got rid of some of my wrinkles. I only found it worked when they put the machine on 3.6 or more, which for most people would cause bruises. I now go once every 6 months.

Pros

• definite improvement in skin and scarring (and wrinkles)

Cons

• expensive, service at the Private clinic unbelievably bad
  • moderately severe
  • $ 2000
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have had 5 Nlite sessions as it stands, the first 1 wasnt any good, it was at the private clinic, Harley st.. they wiped my face with a baby wipe, literally wizzed the laser over my skin then out the door only to stop and spend massive amounts on Jan Marini products!! Then they called a day before my 2nd treatment and said they had sent the machine away and i couldnt have it for 2months!

Needless to say i got a refund and spend half the money at selridges. they wash your face properly, put an acid peel on, took time with the laser and spend time on your face after it to sooth the skin. I have had 4 treatments there and i see Aimee as she is amazing, she really care's about your progress. I ONLY SAW IMPROVEMENTS after the THIRD treatment (so really my 4th!!!) but although i still have marks on my face and the odd spot i feel totally different in myself, im happier. i also gave up on Jan Marini n now use Dermalogica.. its so much better! stick with it just dont expect miracles!!!!

Pros

• I feel better in myself, can see a big improvement in skin.

Cons

• painfull, takes ages to see a difference, gets WORSE before it gets better.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 500
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Obviously this doesnt work and looks like can make things a whole lot worse..all the positive reviews are for advertising purposes all the negative reviews are probalby real so Im giving this a big miss..and shame on those clinic who advertise miracles

Pros

• None

Cons

• ..If thats what u want to call the 'doctor's' who work in these 'clinic'
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

Do not try it

Pros

• None

Cons

• I had my Nlite treatment 1 month ago. It did nothing to my skin except to make it worse!
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 400
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was told I wouldn't c improvements straight away! They were pretty truthful about the procedure! I would b prone to outbreaks after every session of NLite & thats whats happend! I have had 2 sessions so far & still experiencing spots! U just have to b patient which is really hard when u just want to c results straight away! Going 4 my last session on saturday so time will tel! I may not c improvements 4 a few wks yet!!!

Fingers crossed my skin will clear soon!

Pros

• None as yet!

Cons

• The cost! Quiet expensive! Seen no improvements yet but time will tell!
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 750
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It is expensive but the results are worth it. I have been off all medication now for 4 years. I get the occasional spot but nothing like before. After I had had the treatment I researched the make up I used. I use Bare Essentuals mineral makeup combined with MD formulations skincare products. There are lots of mineral products available now, however, some of them have chemicals in, BE is the first and recommended by the skin cancer foundation. MD is amazing, it has glycolic acid in it and keeps spots at bay! ACNE medication has hideous side effects, I can't recommend N-Lite enough. I also have regular colonics which is highly recommended for treating acne as it clears all imputities. You need to keep at it, and look after your skin.

Pros

• everything. I had 4 sessions on the n-lite and after 6 months had NO acne. It does take time but the results are worth while. I was on antibiotics for 12 years and it left me with major problems including depression.

Cons

• None
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It did make a difference where no other creams or diet changes had before. I did notice the acne reducing within days but I could only manage 2 treatments as it was so expensive. I went to the Private clinic in Harley St having read the press but I did feel like I was on an assembly line and they couldn't wait to get my payment details. They say in the blurb that there is no down time but it did make my face go red and luckily I had brought my make up with me so I could put it on again in the loo before I left the building. The redness did calm down quickly enough during my journey home but I wouldn't like to have this done in a lunch hour and return to work or meet anyone straight after. I am going to recommend it because it did work for me but it's only for people with the money to continue treatments. It was uncomfortable but I don't think it was too painful. Please see my review of the BeautySkin acne light.

Pros

• It did reduce my active acne. I had 2 sessions about 5-6 weeks apart.

Cons

• It was very expensive at £400 for two sessions. Not permanent.
  • moderate
  • inconsistently
  • $ 400
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

First off, beaware of the private clinic. They post +ve reviews of themselves on here just to balance all the -ve feedback they get from customers. They are overpriced and there are better clinics around.

I used the skin health spa in london, and it was a hellof a lot cheaper then what private clinic was askng for. 3 treatments for £320 (march promo) and that includes a glycolic peel before hand. This is needed because the skin needs a 'prep' before the nlite so the laser can penetrate deeper. Its more effective that way, or you could try a microdermabrasion treatment (crystals).

My results varied, the first time i went for a course, i was amazingly clear for about a year. Then i got the occasional pimple here and there. After christmas i broke out horribly and linked it to all the sugary foods i had during xmas.

I am going again for another course

Pros

• Red marks heal faster, skin is smoother, active acne improves

Cons

• Cost - depending on where you go
  • This is not a permanent solution. No laser treatment is.
  • very light
  • $ 320
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had the nlite with the glycolic peel. I had to go and visit them for my sessions once every week or 2. My acne only affected my forehead which was'nt alot. After my 6 course was finished i saw no improvements! come on i didn't even have alot and they could'nt even get rid of them!!! So i stopped going since it wasn't working for me after i stopped i started to break out like mad! I get really painful spots now and its not just only on my forehead any more its now my cheeks and my chin. I am so upset and angry with them. I went to the private clinic in harley street. I plan to try selfridges in oxford street since my face has gone so bad i'm very desprately looking for help. I am going to give the Nlite a 2nd chance and i am really hoping it will work. wish me luck

Pros

• cleared up some scarring but very little

Cons

• everything
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 800
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.