N-Lite Laser Acne Treatment

Average price: $677.13

Most helpful review

By Acne - Grrr!, Doncaster on 09/21/2010
thumbnail

I attended The Private Clinic in Manchester for 3 treatments, each time I asked that they increase the strength of the laser. The treatment isn't painful, but it is uncomfortable - feels a little like a pin being run over your face. Acne flares up after treatment but it is worth it! One month after my final laser-ing and I had clear skin. I have had the best 6/7 months - I haven't used any acne treatments and my skin stayed perfect. The only problem is that it has now come back :( and I need to find another £850 to fix it or find another treatment. I would recommend this treatment if you've tried all the medication and you've reached the end of the line with your useless GP who asks you why you're so bothered about 'a few spots'. I was 22 when I had the treatment and it was worth it! If you can find any other provider than The Private Clinic that offers N-Lite in the UK, go elsewhere! They were a complete sham. I won't go into detail but let's say that I attended the clinic 4 times in all, they never had my appointment correctly booked, the door was always faulty, and all in all I think I spent 2 hours waiting to be seen!!! And last but not least, don't waste extra money on the products they sell you - total waste of time!.

Pros:
  • It actually worked - 6 months completely spot free!!
Cons:
  • Short term & costly! The Private Clinic are also usless.

390 out of 641 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

Patients undergoing treatment need to be prepared for the long term management of their acne. There is no quick fix. As the treatment progresses you will see improvements, but the nature of the disease means that things will change (for better or worse) according to hormones, stressful events etc. This is something that we cannot control. However the N-Lite can control the outbreaks and keep them to a minimum therefore preventing the long term after effects such as pitted scarring and pigmentation.

The vast majority of patients achieve good results & are happy with the treatment. But not every patient will respond in the same way. For most patients acne will disappear or improve considerably after just 3 sessions, while other patients will require more. It is difficult to predict in advance. With regards to products (creams and serum), they are utilised to support the treatment and many of our patients get an accelerated impact of the treatment and maintain results by using those products. It is unfortunate that the creams didn’t work in your case, but this does not mean that they are useless per se, as for most patients they can make a significant difference. Once again, unfortunately not for every patient.

The Private Clinic performs the highest number of Nlite treatments in the UK and we keep promoting it because NLite is still recommended across Europe by top Dermatologists as the first line in acne management.

As the treatment had been successful in your case, we would welcome the opportunity to support you in your further treatments, should you decide to do so. If so, please don’t hesitate contact me at enquiries@[link removed] with your email or telephone number and I will be happy to call you.

Kindest regards, Rachel Ford, Regional Manager

Pros

• Response too Grrr! Doncaster. We are very sad that you experienced a less than satisfactory service at our Manchester Clinic in regards to the booking and confirmation of your treatments. I apologise on behalf of the Manchester clinic & the company.
  • I am happy to hear the positive comments in relation to the actual results – you mention you had clear skin that lasted for 6-7 months. So I would like to take the opportunity to explain to you & anybody concerned about acne, why your acne came

Cons

• I am afraid acne is a medical condition mostly caused by hormones over stimulating the sebaceous gland. Most of the time the surge of hormones is through puberty and eventually subsides, but for some patients it may continue throughout their life unless controlled with medical treatments and products.
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was told 3 treatment would be sufficient for me, which was not the case. Or I'm yet to see the results. I may invest in another 3 treatments.

I paid £400 for the series of 3 Nlite treatments in west London.

Pros

• Skin got better shortly after the treatments, but this was just a short-term improvement.

Cons

• I had 3 treatments over the period of 2,5 months, last treatment 1 month ago. Each treatment was preceded by acid peel (50%) and the second treatment was preceded by both acid peel and microdermabrasion.
  • One month after the last treatment, my face looks as bad as it did before the treatments, although the areas of my face that were originally affected are now clear and I have outbreaks in the places that had never been affected before.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 400
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• It actually worked - 6 months completely spot free!!

Cons

• Short term & costly! The Private Clinic are also usless.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 850
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

absolutely worth it. i noticed a reduction from the 1st treatment. i had 6 treatments in total. After the 2nd treatment tho, the acne does increase a fair bit but this is a way all the existing acne witin the skin can escape. 3rd - 6th treatment was just better and better for my skin. first 3 treatments are 4weeks apart and then the treatments follow if you require any topups. i did 3 extra to completely get rid of them. Now its been 3months since my last treatment. i've maybe had 3-4 minor spots in that time.

Pros

• Clears Acne over time.Took 6months for me.
  • Definately worth it

Cons

• Pretty expnsive. u need to buy products from the clinic. Jan Marini serum/cleanser which cost around £40 each
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 1200
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I would not recommend. I have had 4 treatments.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Waste of money. Acne flared up.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 1000
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

worth it if you persist for at least six sessions... dr neil healy in mullingar does each treatment for €65.00 he is located in lough sheever business park on the castlepollard road

Pros

• incredible fo r reducing and acne scarring once power of laser is increased over 4.0 .....

Cons

• bruises for one week after
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 500
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Im not trying to sell this so will say it how it is...If you dont mind spending the money and are prepared to continue with this for at least 6 months then it worked for me. For the first 2 or 3 treatments i didnt notice much difference but after that each treatment helped a little more. After about 10 treatments over a year i have clear skin apart from the odd small pimple once or twice a month and it has been 9 months since my last treatment.

Pros

• After suffering for 6 years i had 6 months of treatment and have no acne and much smaller scars

Cons

• you have to be preparred to perservere with treatment, dont expect to have one treatment and be clear. I have had about 10 treatments over a year to see such good results although it began to clear after about 4
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 250
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've had acne since I was in my early teens and I'm now almost 30. I've tried everything from antibiotics to accutane to lotions etc etc. N lite is the only thing that has worked for me. I now wash with Cetaphil morning and night followed by Zindaclin in the morning and Retina in the evening. I go for regular N lite laser treatments (every 2-3months) and also take low doses of Spiro. This has cleared up my acne (which was very severe), reduced redness and improved texture of my skin. It's reduced the look/colour of red scars. I use mineral make up which I think works really well for acne prone skin.

Pros

• Only thing that has truly worked for me (in combination with topical treatments and Spiro)

Cons

• Expensive
  • severe
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had 4 treatments, somehow huge areas of hyperpigmentation were healed. This is not a permenant solution so I recommend to use roaccutane and then use laser treatment for scarring, because this will be just wasting of money and time.

Pros

• It removed red scarring very much, less breakouts in general but it activated acne in sides where i didn't have acne before !

Cons

• cost a lot very expensive.. Not long-lasting solution
  • severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 1000
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Im seriously not convinced this works.. I had three nlite's done once every month. Now im doing glycolic peels, im on my third peel and i have three more to do and still no difference. Im also using Is Clinical acne products aswell which cost an arm and a leg. I have to go back after i finish the peels for more nlite, apparently It works better with the facial peels we will see. I don't know if this will work but ive seen no improvments yet and im getting really fustrated with it. I feel that it is only a con.

Pros

• Seemed to have cleared up some scaring but not much...

Cons

• Takes forever to see a difference..
  • $ 1300
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.