Murad Clarifying Toner reviews

2.3/5 - 3 reviews

Brand: Murad

Water (Aqua), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Allantoin, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Menthol, Menthoxypropanediol, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Citral, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Ext. Violet 2 (CI 60730).

Murad Clarifying Toner, Step 1 Cleanse/Tone, 6 fl oz (180 ml)
updated: 12/17/2014 01:32 UTC
Murad by Murad Clarifying Toner--/6OZ - Cleanser
updated: 12/17/2014 01:32 UTC

Not impressed
Reviewed on June 9, 2014

I've been using this for about 2 months and it's definitely not worth the price. I use water on my face in the morning then toner so my skin isn't so dry when putting on make up but this product isn't helping anything.

Reviewed on August 18, 2010

I was surprised that the previous review said it "stung" really bad... that is the opposite of my experience with the product. I use it 2-3 times a week on my T-zone to help control oil even more than my daily products. I like the fact it has natural ingredients paired with anti acne ingredients. It is very refreshing, feels cold when applied, it absorbs well, it doesn't dry your skin but it helps reduce oil production! I like it.

Reviewed on July 12, 2010

I used this product in conjunction with the Clarifying Cleanser, Gentle Acne

Treatment Gel, and their Anti-Aging moisturizer.

This toner burned so bad, my eyes actually teared up the first few times I used it. After the initial use, my skin became incredibly red. Eventually, my skin became hot to the touch and incredibly sensitive. I was afraid to go out into the sun for fear of sun-sensitivity and pain. After about a week of use, my skin was so dry, flaky, and sensitive that I didn't even want to leave the house. It was terrible.

I know for a fact that it was this product and not the others because:

This was the only product that burned.

After I removed this product from my routine, my skin became less dry and sensitive.

I would NOT recommend this product for anyone with even mildly sensitive skin. I don't even know if it helped with my acne because after the first week, my skin was so irritated, dry, and awful looking that I had to discontinue usage.