Murad Clarifying Cleanser reviews

1.9/5 - 18 reviews

Brand: Murad

Salicylic Acid (1.51%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser, Step 1 Cleanse/Tone, 6.75 fl oz (200 ml)
updated: 12/19/2014 09:02 UTC
Murad by Murad Murad Clarifying Cleanser--/6.75OZ - Cleanser
updated: 12/19/2014 09:02 UTC

Good in moderation
Reviewed on December 17, 2014

I use this about once a month but I have to be careful to apply my fancy moisturizer because this can get drying fast. I used it every day for about a week and I got so flaky and I broke out terribly. I found this to help control my acne with a light touch. Not very good if you are looking for a daily cleanser, but can be very beneficial if you use it during a breakout.

Disappointing
Reviewed on December 5, 2014

I chose this product because it had so many good reviews on other sites like Sephora and Ulta and also because-- and I hate to admit this-- it was expensive, so I assumed it would work. As others have said, it did work for a brief time. However, after about two weeks my skin began getting really bad. I will say that it seemed to shorten the break outs and clear them up a little faster, but it definitely did nothing to prevent them. Also, it really dried out my skin, which is two times as bad as before because not only am I breaking out and peeling from the product that isn't working, but it's making me have to put on so much moisturizer that I break out even more! I wouldn't recommend this. I've gotten to the point where I would rather put makeup over a pimple than have flaky looking skin. I am now using CeraVe and after only two days my skin it much more hydrated and I have no new breakouts.

Do not purchase
Reviewed on August 30, 2014

This product worked well for me for about a month. Although it did nothing fantastic, it kept my acne under control.

However - now my skin has gone to hell. This cleanser is extremely harsh and has me (who has the oiliest skin in the world) flaking and red. I am broken out in bumps everywhere on my skin and even though I have cut back to washing just once a day, this cleanser has me peeling all over and does nothing to combat my acne.

Don't be fooled. This product might work to start with, but it will irritate and dry out your skin beyond belief. I am going to buy a gentle cleanser without such harsh ingredients and I implore everyone else to do so as well.

A bit too harsh
Reviewed on June 23, 2014

This product got a really fresh and nice scent to it, clear up the oil on my face, and leaving it quite fresh and dry. However, it really is too harsh on the skin, after a week of using this (day and night), my skin, though cleared up (a little) become more red than before. It contained too much acid in it that would really burn your face. I now only use this product maybe once or twice a week, I don't dare to use it more than that. Took me a long time to use half of the product, so it could be said as price-worth... maybe...

Terrible product
Reviewed on May 30, 2014

Do not buy this product, I used it twice over a 2 day period, went to bed last night & woke up with a swollen face and red swollen blotchy eyes, my nose had doubled in size. My face still hasn't gone down & it's 17 hours later I've tried everything but nothing is reducing the swelling. My face feels sunburnt. I don't suffer from acne but I have had consistent pimples for months now, I purchased this product after reading amazing reviews. My skin isn't sensitive at all, this product is like paint stripper. Do not purchase

best cleanser ever
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

I dont know why this has so many negative reviews! i found this to be the best cleanser ever. i suffered from adult acne and it was so bad, i had tried over a dozen of products until i came across this and within a week my face was cleared up.

I recommended it to two of my friends and they couldnt believe the difference.

absolutely the BEST.

It does not dry out my skin as i have oily skin but make sure to moisturize after. I am considering getting the murad toner and lotion but have not yet so i dont know if they work.

Think twice before using it!..
Reviewed on April 1, 2014

I bought this product a long time ago in order to find something to get rid of my persistent acne (I am 30 yrs old). I would describe my acne status as light to moderate. I suffer from oily skin, I break out all year round, especially when those days of the month. I had been using the cleanser for about a week along with the sample of the mattifying cream I got. My face got red, it was extremely dried, tight and flaky. The last day I used it, I realized my eyes were swollen and my face was totally disfigured. I immediately stopped using it, and it took about a week or maybe more for my skin to get back to normal. It was an awful experience. Thank God I did not buy any other products of the series... Not to mention the unjustifiably high price.

I bet I would have gotten cystic acne from this
Reviewed on December 1, 2013

At first I liked the stuff, it helped at first, but then made things worse. It made my face tight, red, and dry as hell. My boyfriend told me to stop using it, and that night I washed with Dove, and my acne immediately cleared. My face pealed for one week though. Eight days later, my skin is soft and smooth, and my blemishes are minimal. This stuff is wayyyy too harsh and expensive too. Don't do it.

Best cleanser for my skin
Reviewed on October 29, 2013

I started using this product 3 months ago (following Michael Todd's regimen that didn't do anything for my skin) and it cleared up complexion within a week with the help of their toner as well. Since then my breakouts even during my hormonal week have decreased and my skin is consistently clear! I super recommend this product for those who work well with salicylic acid (my skin reacts terrible with benzoyl). Usually my breakouts in zits and pimples, and on rare occasion a cystic area. (Super rare). If you're on the hunt for something I would really try this out! It smells minty not "bleachy". I don't mind the smell at all. ALSO it lasts FOREVER! It is long lasting and makes up for the price!!!

Doesn't Work at all
Reviewed on October 29, 2013

This cleanser first dried out my skin and made it peel, then made me break out in less than twenty four hours. It was terrible and it smelled like saline and bleach.