Murad Clarifying Cleanser

Brand: Murad

Most helpful review

By Ssydniee on 03/13/2012
thumbnail

I don't even know what made my mom buy this for me. All she did was waste money. Out of all my cleansers I ever had, this is probabally the worst one I ever used. It made me break out like crazy and there's dry peeled skin all over my face. I know you have to use a moisturizer, but I always have to be on top of it and it's just constantly dried. I used the moisturizer last night, and my face literally felt like it was on fire. It was so bad, I had to wash my face off to get the moisturizer off. DO NOT BUY THIS AND WASTE $30 PLEASE..

Pros:
  • None.
Cons:
  • Dries out face
  • Makes you break out
  • Way too strong

81 out of 159 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (1.51%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser, Step 1 Cleanse/Tone, 6.75 fl oz (200 ml)
updated: 04/17/2014 01:39 UTC
Murad by Murad Murad Clarifying Cleanser--/6.75OZ - Cleanser
updated: 04/17/2014 01:39 UTC

Member reviews

“Think twice before using it!..”
By on

I bought this product a long time ago in order to find something to get rid of my persistent acne (I am 30 yrs old). I would describe my acne status as light to moderate. I suffer from oily skin, I break out all year round, especially when those days of the month. I had been using the cleanser for about a week along with the sample of the mattifying cream I got. My face got red, it was extremely dried, tight and flaky. The last day I used it, I realized my eyes were swollen and my face was totally disfigured. I immediately stopped using it, and it took about a week or maybe more for my skin to get back to normal. It was an awful experience. Thank God I did not buy any other products of the series... Not to mention the unjustifiably high price.

Pros

• none

Cons

• dries out the skin, has a flaking effect on it
  • it causes swollen eyes if used for long on sensitive skin
  • generally too harsh on skin
  • for about a week
  • $ 30
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“I bet I would have gotten cystic acne from this”
By on

At first I liked the stuff, it helped at first, but then made things worse. It made my face tight, red, and dry as hell. My boyfriend told me to stop using it, and that night I washed with Dove, and my acne immediately cleared. My face pealed for one week though. Eight days later, my skin is soft and smooth, and my blemishes are minimal. This stuff is wayyyy too harsh and expensive too. Don't do it.

Pros

• Deceptively, initially cleared acne

Cons

• Dried face, and left it feeling very tight, even around the eyes
  • Made acne worse
  • Caused redness
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 30
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Best cleanser for my skin”
By on

I started using this product 3 months ago (following Michael Todd's regimen that didn't do anything for my skin) and it cleared up complexion within a week with the help of their toner as well. Since then my breakouts even during my hormonal week have decreased and my skin is consistently clear! I super recommend this product for those who work well with salicylic acid (my skin reacts terrible with benzoyl). Usually my breakouts in zits and pimples, and on rare occasion a cystic area. (Super rare). If you're on the hunt for something I would really try this out! It smells minty not "bleachy". I don't mind the smell at all. ALSO it lasts FOREVER! It is long lasting and makes up for the price!!!

Pros

• Makes skin feel clean
  • Lasts FOREVER
  • Clears acne

Cons

• A little pricey
  • for a few months
  • $ 30
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Doesn't Work at all”
By on

This cleanser first dried out my skin and made it peel, then made me break out in less than twenty four hours. It was terrible and it smelled like saline and bleach.

Pros

• Gel

Cons

• Causes Breakouts
  • Overly dries skin
  • Smells terrible
  • for a day or two
  • $ 28
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“waste of money”
By on

horrible product. This dried my skin out and it went flacky and red. It also caused my skin to swell around the eye area and I did not sue it any where around my eyes. I am so disappointed. I have had to take steroid medication to get the swelling to come down, Do not buy this product if you have sensitive skin the ingredients are too harsh.

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• dry skin
  • rash
  • swollen face
  • for a day or two
  • $ 29
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Won't be caught without it.

Pros

• I love the Murad aging and acne lines and have mixed and matched and am more clear than ever over the past 2 years. I use this cleanser and love it. I massage it in for at least 30 seconds and it really exfoliates well, chemically.

Cons

• expensive
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • $ 30
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This cleanser is horrible. It left my skin feeling tight and dry and made me break out even more. Was not helpful whatsoever.

Pros

• None

Cons

• aggravates existing blemishes
  • produces more breakouts
  • smells bad
  • makes skin tight
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks

By on

i bought this in january to finally acheive clear skin. Well clear skin my ass! this stuff made my face redder and drier. My main probolem was redness and flushing. After i got enough since to stop using this I have started using Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub.It works good for me :) my skin isnt red and that makes me happy

Pros

• nothing at all!

Cons

• broke me out
  • dried me out
  • made skin red and blotchy
  • ugh and a total waste of money
  • moderate
  • for a few months

By on

Pros

• None.

Cons

• Dries out face
  • Makes you break out
  • Way too strong
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 31.99

By on

Don't waste your money. I'm not sure how this got on the market. It sucks.

Pros

• Noneeeee

Cons

• Dried my skin out
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.