Murad Clarifying Cleanser reviews

1.7/5 - 12 reviews

Brand: Murad

Salicylic Acid (1.51%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser, Step 1 Cleanse/Tone, 6.75 fl oz (200 ml)
updated: 04/17/2014 15:18 UTC
Murad by Murad Murad Clarifying Cleanser--/6.75OZ - Cleanser
updated: 04/17/2014 15:18 UTC

Think twice before using it!..
Reviewed on April 1, 2014

I bought this product a long time ago in order to find something to get rid of my persistent acne (I am 30 yrs old). I would describe my acne status as light to moderate. I suffer from oily skin, I break out all year round, especially when those days of the month. I had been using the cleanser for about a week along with the sample of the mattifying cream I got. My face got red, it was extremely dried, tight and flaky. The last day I used it, I realized my eyes were swollen and my face was totally disfigured. I immediately stopped using it, and it took about a week or maybe more for my skin to get back to normal. It was an awful experience. Thank God I did not buy any other products of the series... Not to mention the unjustifiably high price.

I bet I would have gotten cystic acne from this
Reviewed on December 1, 2013

At first I liked the stuff, it helped at first, but then made things worse. It made my face tight, red, and dry as hell. My boyfriend told me to stop using it, and that night I washed with Dove, and my acne immediately cleared. My face pealed for one week though. Eight days later, my skin is soft and smooth, and my blemishes are minimal. This stuff is wayyyy too harsh and expensive too. Don't do it.

Best cleanser for my skin
Reviewed on October 29, 2013

I started using this product 3 months ago (following Michael Todd's regimen that didn't do anything for my skin) and it cleared up complexion within a week with the help of their toner as well. Since then my breakouts even during my hormonal week have decreased and my skin is consistently clear! I super recommend this product for those who work well with salicylic acid (my skin reacts terrible with benzoyl). Usually my breakouts in zits and pimples, and on rare occasion a cystic area. (Super rare). If you're on the hunt for something I would really try this out! It smells minty not "bleachy". I don't mind the smell at all. ALSO it lasts FOREVER! It is long lasting and makes up for the price!!!

Doesn't Work at all
Reviewed on October 29, 2013

This cleanser first dried out my skin and made it peel, then made me break out in less than twenty four hours. It was terrible and it smelled like saline and bleach.

waste of money
Reviewed on July 19, 2013

horrible product. This dried my skin out and it went flacky and red. It also caused my skin to swell around the eye area and I did not sue it any where around my eyes. I am so disappointed. I have had to take steroid medication to get the swelling to come down, Do not buy this product if you have sensitive skin the ingredients are too harsh.

Reviewed on August 12, 2012

This cleanser is horrible. It left my skin feeling tight and dry and made me break out even more. Was not helpful whatsoever.

Reviewed on March 14, 2012

i bought this in january to finally acheive clear skin. Well clear skin my ass! this stuff made my face redder and drier. My main probolem was redness and flushing. After i got enough since to stop using this I have started using Neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub.It works good for me :) my skin isnt red and that makes me happy

Reviewed on March 13, 2012

I don't even know what made my mom buy this for me. All she did was waste money. Out of all my cleansers I ever had, this is probabally the worst one I ever used. It made me break out like crazy and there's dry peeled skin all over my face. I know you have to use a moisturizer, but I always have to be on top of it and it's just constantly dried. I used the moisturizer last night, and my face literally felt like it was on fire. It was so bad, I had to wash my face off to get the moisturizer off. DO NOT BUY THIS AND WASTE $30 PLEASE.

Reviewed on February 2, 2012

Don't waste your money. I'm not sure how this got on the market. It sucks.