Murad Clarifying Body Spray

Average price: $35.55

Brand: Murad

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, New York, NY on 06/17/2008

I really like the body spray. I'm using it during "that time of the month" when I usually get huge cysts and my back is gradually clearing up! I almost an in disbelief. Let's hope it lasts! Will keep you posted..

Pros:
  • I guess I'm the first to rate this product. I didn't bother with the Murad Acne Kit because I wasn't sure that it would work. I feel like I have tried every OTC and prescription (except accutane) under the sun to remedy the acne on my back.
Cons:
  • A little pricey. You just feel the need to let it dry before you put anything on.

129 out of 205 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid 0.5%

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Dena, Butylene Glycol, Allantoin, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Sodium Salicylate, Lecithin, Tocophersolan, Retinol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol, Triclosan, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Oleth-20, Menthol, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil.

Murad Clarifying Body Spray - 125ml/4.3oz
updated: 04/16/2014 17:21 UTC
Murad Acne Clarifying Body Spray, Step 2 Treat/Repair, 4.3 fl oz (125 ml)
updated: 04/16/2014 17:21 UTC
Murad Clarifying Body Spray (4.3 oz)

Member reviews

“Amazing results!”
By on

I never write reviews but I just needed to put this out there. This product is amazing!! I have been suffering back acne for years and I engage in high intensity exercise which aggravates my acne. I tried many cleansers, toners and lotions. But, this is the only product that cleared my acne almost immediately. Within a week, no more acne.

Pros

• Effective
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Expensive
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I tried using this for my bacne and found no true progress. It feels good on the skin at the time and cools irritated skin, however besides that it did nothing for me. I didn't get better or worse, I kept using this after the first month thinking that things take time, but after about 3 months of using it I felt that I was being ripped off and started to think that maybe all I was doing was spraying water and peroxide on myself, so I stopped using it.

Besides I had to wait about 15-20 mins for it to completely dry on me before putting on clothes -which was a pain if i was in a rush.

Pros

• ease of application (can be sprayed upside down)
  • cooling

Cons

• takes long to dry
  • smells slightly acidic
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 30
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I get a few pimples on my chest, and after seeing a few good reviews on it, i spent 40 wasteful dollars on it to try it. Im a beautician so i have a good skin care routine, i just got this to clear up them few hormonal pimples. i noticed 2 or three pimples on my back so i sprayed it there as well. A couple of weeks later, my boyfriend pointed out my back and when i looked in the mirror, to my horror, my back had turned into servere acne! i now have extremely big blackheads and massive almost-like boils growing all over my back. its discusting! I'm shocked that product so bad could have any positive reviews. a complete waste of time and embarrassment! the pimples on my chest ended up getting so bad, i have to wear scarfs even on the hottest days.

Pros

• smells ok, nice sensation on skin, sprays upside down nice and evenly

Cons

• make my breakouts much worse!
  • very light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 40
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

sorry i cant type a long review but, this product did clear me of bacne permanently. In 2 weeks I was clear. I didnt have to keep using it everyday for the rest of my life thank goodness.

Pros

• cleared bacne

Cons

• nothing
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product works pretty well. I noticed within the first week that my backne was clearing up pretty well, but then it seemed to stall a bit. All in all I'm so happy to be able to see some decent improvement after a year of dealing with acne (and having tried a million different things to get rid of it) that I think I would have rated this higher if it was a little less expensive.

Pros

• Nice sensation on skin and easy to apply

Cons

• A bit pricy and it is kind of hard to find without ordering it online (Sephora and Amazon are good bets).
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 32
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

For 3 months I had used this spray daily on my back/chest area, for mild acne that had suddenly come up. Although there was slight purging at the beginning of treatment, my skin stopped breaking out after using this. I am currently using another product on my back to address the scar marks, but I definitely credit the acne going away to this spray.

It really worked wonders, but you have to stick with it and use the whole bottle!

Pros

• It does work if you keep up with it
  • Leaves skin feeling refreshed

Cons

• Mild purging at the beginning of usage
  • Can be harsh, don't overuse it
  • Pricey, but one bottles goes a long way
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 37

By on

it seems like its too early for me to write this because I've been only using this for about a week but i just want to let out my feelings of this product.

It kind of seems like my blemishes are getting better but i don't know if it is because of the product or just a natural healing. I usually get one or two pimples on my back and chest and they disappear in about a week but i have red blemishes left from them, and so far the spray isn't really doing anything about the red spots.

I have used something like this before, called natures cure, when i read the reviews of this product it was similar to murad saying that it worked great, even wonders, but even with this product, about a week i've used it, i saw similar results with murad but in the end it didn't do anything. I am just hoping the murad is different and actually gets rid of the blemishes that I have.

Pros

• easy to spray on

Cons

• chemical smell
  • too wide range of spraying
  • a bit sticky
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 37

By on

i had dry skin and acne bumps on my back, shoulders, legs etc. After trying this product i was literally in shock i had no idea it would actually work. I tried everything and when i read the reviews for this, they weren't even all that great. i decided to use it anyway and i'm soooooo glad i did. in only 3 weeks my skin was COMPLETELY CLEAR, and i noticed a difference within a week. anyone skeptical should at least try ;)

Pros

• it absolutely works and keeps your skin clear. AMAZING =]

Cons

• it doesn't work overnight and you just need to be a little patient
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 50
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

this product was waist of time and money

Pros

• well ,nothing

Cons

• burning ,itching all the time
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 50
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

A good product, although expensive. As for the other products from Murad ... not worth the money at all.

Pros

• It actually worked for me. I've had severe, cystic acne on my back for at least 15 years. This is the only product that has ever cleared up my back. Its awesome!

Cons

• Takes several weeks to work, but the payoff is worth it! A little expensive.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 18
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.