Page 7 of Murad Acne Complex reviews

Acne Complex® Kit
Clarifying Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin Perfecting Lotion
Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Acne Spot Treatment
Sulfur 3.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Murad Acne Complex Kit/ for problem skin ($100 Value) 60 day supply
updated: 07/24/2014 03:53 UTC
Murad 30 Day Acne Complex Kit
updated: 07/24/2014 03:53 UTC

Reviewed on March 18, 2012

I've never really had severe acne but i started using this product and within a few days my acne had become severely worse. they claim that their is a purging period of one month, but after 3 months of using it acne was still worse. switched to a different product and it cleared up within a week. This product does not work.

Reviewed on March 14, 2012

Please do not waste you money.

Reviewed on March 13, 2012

I just recently bought it, and absolutely love it! My skin cleared up in 3 days, Unbelievable!! I tried so many products and spent so much money. I never broke out until I turned 23 and it was horrible! It was cystic acne, which was so gross and painful! I got a facial at massage envy and they recommended this product, I went home and thought about it for a week and finally went back and bought it.

Reviewed on March 6, 2012

I have tried so many products the last being a 3 month course on roaccutane and nothing has worked as well as this. My acne cleared up within days, and even around my monthly when my skin usually flares up my skin was completely clear. I have severely oily skin and now this has reduced so that I only have to blot my skin once a day instead of every hour. I have also noticed my scars are fading too which I was very concious of. Definitely reccomend if you have severely oily skin with moderate acne.

Reviewed on February 27, 2012

Purging period? No thanks! Want my money back!

Reviewed on February 19, 2012

I am 29 and have oily skin. I only use the oil control mattifier (step 3) after cleansing face. I love my new clear skin. I have spent years and a lot of money on skin care products and never had such great results. I buy the product at Sephora for 39.00 usd.

Reviewed on February 16, 2012

I've read all the negative reviews on here and felt I should balance it up with my story. I bought a trial pack of the Murad acne system for £7.50 (12-15 dollars) on sale here in the UK. It worked so quickly and so well that I have ordered a 60 day pack from the Murad web site. After 3 weeks my skin is clear and spot free. I have not experienced any of the negative side effects mentioned on here. I think I should say that my skin was pretty oily before and that maybe it works best on that skin type. Unlike BP, it hasn't dried my skin out and I do need to blot/reapply powder more often that I used to using BP. BUT my skin is acne free and my scarring is starting to improve too. If your skin is oily to very oily, I'd give it a try.

Reviewed on February 12, 2012

I went to the mall and the lady recommended this to me since I am at the age of acne.(Thirteen) I only got the wash. Biggest mistake of my life!!! The first time I used it it burned my face to the point it had a rash. I showed my mom and didn't use it again. Until two days ago. I refused to go to school, it was that bad. I even got a weird bump on my lip line!!!! Now I am dried out and look really bad. All in all, if you my age and have sensitive skin, do NOT make this mistake.

Reviewed on February 5, 2012

Let me start by saying, this is my first review, ever. But I feel so strongly about this product that I felt I must write something. Here is what I'm going to write, RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY AND DON'T LOOK BACK.

A little background on me: 19 yrs old. College sophomore. Tried Murad acne complex kit during my winter break. I wanted to heal my moderate jaw line and forehead acne before my spring semester began.

First, the ONLY good part. The cleanser had a very pleasant scent (refreshing, left skin smooth). However, most cleansers do the exact same thing, so after using the product for a while. I realized the cleanser was THE ONLY part of this kit that was pleasant.

Now, bottom line. This kit is HORRIBLE. PURGING PERIOD. Oh my goodness. The lady who sold this to me made me aware that there "may" be a "slight purging period" in which the underlying acne will surface before the healing begins...well...she was right. HOWEVER, the "underlying acne" surfaced, and never left. I used Murad twice daily for roughly a month, AND MY ACNE GOT WORSE. It was embarrassing, upsetting, discouraging. My jawline acne turned to being ENTIRE RIGHT CHEEK acne. My mild forehead breakouts turned to acne near my side burns and hair line. I tried to stick with it with hopes that it would start healing as it should, but nope, just kept worsening. I've been off of murad for 3 weeks now, and now my face is beginning to SLIGHTLY heal. FINALLY. Ugh. I regret NOT reading the reviews before purchasing because apparently MANY people had my horrific experience. I WOULDN'T RISK IT. There are other options people. This MAY work for you, but its not a risk I'd take. (I'm using GNC beBeautiful hair skin nails vitamins now since i never had "bad" acne to begin with, but MURAD gave me bad acne). Hope this helps.

Reviewed on February 2, 2012

Alright, so yes I gave it a few months to fix my skin but all it did was make it worse. I'm just so unhappy with the whole system. The toner does nothing, the wash does nothing, the lotion doesn't hydrate. WAH. The only bonus in this kit is the spot treatment, but that is hardly anything.