Page 6 of Murad Acne Complex reviews

Acne Complex® Kit
Clarifying Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin Perfecting Lotion
Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Acne Spot Treatment
Sulfur 3.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Murad Acne Complex Kit/ for problem skin ($100 Value) 60 day supply
updated: 07/29/2014 02:16 UTC
Murad 30 Day Acne Complex Kit
updated: 07/29/2014 02:16 UTC

Reviewed on May 28, 2012

DONT GET IT! i wish i would have read the reviews. i spent so much money on it. it may work for some, but only 28% that reviewed said it worked. My face got greasy and the purging never went away. I literally just had a meltdown because my acne had never been this bad and i am packing everything up and trying to get my money back right now. it made my face feel like i was sweating for hours and never washed my face. My acne was doing pretty good but i just wanted to clear it up so i decided to stop my prescription because i heard benzyl peroxide is damaging to the skin. But this is just horrific. PLease try something else and use this product as a last resort. Things at walmart work better than this.

Reviewed on May 24, 2012

I bought Murad two weeks ago , i used it for FIVE DAYS and the first day it felt refreshing then the second day my face started itching like crazy.. I though it was normal but then the third day i got a LOT of white heads in spots IVE NEVER broken out.. then i called and they said it was normal and part of the "purging process" . The forth day i saw my face and Makeup couldnt even cover the bumps i literally started crying , my mom saw my face and said it made me get a rash..Im still waiting for my face to heal.. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS , GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST . Ive been using my old skin routine and its helped a little. DONT PAY MONEY TO MAKE YOUR SKIN WORST PEOPLE.

Reviewed on May 23, 2012

My skin looks better, no doubt about that. I tried this as a last resort. It started to work by the 3rd day. I started very slowly with the treatment gel so I did not get too many adverse reactions to the salicylic/retinal in the gel (which I think is what many of the negative reviews are attributed to, alongside the moisturizer). I was using an application at night and in the morning, but now I only do an application at night and my skin is definitely healing much better. Cleanser and mask are good; sulfur spot treatment works for me; moisturizer congested my pores and gave me non-inflamed pimples so I switched moisturizers and my skin really started to look better. The amount of product you get should last you a long time; if it does not, you are might be using too much. I have been using this since April 13, and it is now May 22 and I have enough of all the products for atleast another month, if not longer. I plan on buying the cleanser, gel treatment, maybe the sulfur treatment, and maybe the mask in full size. If you do not want to try out the kit, I definitely recommend trying the gel treatment; I have attributed it to be the most helpful product in this kit and you could easily add it to your skin care regime without buying the rest of the Murad line.

I took off a star because of the lotion issue and because I was nearly charged for another shipment of Murad due to silly automatic shipment. Overall though, I plan to keep using parts of this line and buy them locally at Sephora to avoid shipment charges (I wanted mine ASAP so the shipment charge was like... $16.00).

Reviewed on May 21, 2012

good for cleaning but over priced and doesnt clear up acne.

Reviewed on May 18, 2012

Ok people. I want to clear things up with everyone out there. This product will help you but you must be ready to make a commitment to not only your skin but what you eat and how you exercise. If you eat greasy disgusting food and drink soda then don't expect miracles. Beauty comes from the inside out. It's a reflection of our colon, and how are systems work together. If you have hormonal acne then I suggest going on some hormone balancing vitamins. And stay away from dairy. It's inflammatory. I can continue on and on with this review about it but let me tell you about me. I never had acne. I recently came off birth control and BAM!! My face has never been so bad. I tried everything. Then I went and tried murad. It worked to a degree but it wasn't the miracle cure UNTIL!!! I correlated with eating healthy, and getting some biotin vitamins, along with hormone balancing vitamins. My skin still breaks out when I eat HORRIBLE food, like fast food... but I realize now that it's not due to this product

Reviewed on May 11, 2012

I started using this product after Proactiv stopped working. I like it because the wash and exfoliator kinda tingled when you used it and felt like it was working. In the beginning my face cleared slightly but over time my breakouts got worse and worse. It happened so progressively that I didn't even link Murad to the awful condition my face eventually got to. My mom pointed it out actually. I started getting really oily and got cystic acne which I had never had before and my entire jawline was constantly broken out. I got to the point where I was runnning home to wash my face after work and not leaving the house after.

I just started using African black soap, apple cider vinegar (for toning and internally), and taking vitamin B, Zinc, and Fish Oil and my face is dramatically clearing. I got almost all recommendations from this amazing website. I'm left with dark spots all over my jawline and cheeks.

Reviewed on May 10, 2012

I only wish I could show everyone a before and after picture of the terrible things Murad has done to my skin. I have tried almost all the products out there but this by far IS THE WORST! HUGE MISTAKE. I immediately starting having breakouts where I never had them. The face wash, acne gel and spot treatment burned like wildfire on my face and it never improved and acne never cleared (got extremley worse). After one month I have to stop. It has ruined my face. It left me with huge gaping holes, cystic acne (currently 6 spots and 2 with gaping holes after 4 weeks). I have never had tiny little bumps of acne like I currently do ALL OVER my jaw and chin. I went from mod acne to severe in 2 weeks flat. Purging period my @ss. I am totally embarassed by my skin and have not been around friends or family for the last 2 weeks. I am a Nanny for a living and the children have taken notice and it is so embarassing. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT. I wish I had read THESE reviews as apposed to the ones on the acutally Murad site. THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT DESERVE A 1 RATING...MORE LIKE NEGATIVE 100....AWFUL

Reviewed on April 22, 2012

I absolutely LOVE this line of products. I'm sorry to hear other people don't have the same results.

I have the most sensitive skin known to man and most things irritate and make me break-out, however this product worked within days of starting and really cleared my very broken out skin.

I had used proactiv for years and it always kept my skin pretty clear, but suddenly it became WAY to harsh on my face and made my skin worse. Murad products were my savior and were much more effective than proactiv, but very gentle. My since has not been overly dry since I started.

I also never had a purge with this product. I guess it varies for people.

Just a side note: right around the time I started using this product I also cut out dairy, gluten, processed foods and meat. I really think there is some truth to your diet..especially dairy! Stay away!

I also think Yasmin BC is great for acne prone skin....I started taking that particular kind again about a week ago and I already see an even better improvement.

I say definitely try Murad!

Reviewed on April 11, 2012

I would have rated Murad at a BIG FAT ZERO if it let me. Everyone claims that you should use a product for 2 weeks to a month before you'll start seeing results, so when I bought Murad, I did just that. However, I had horrible results. It dried out my skin SO bad. It was to the point where I had to put super thick moisturizer on every hour. My face was dry, flaky and it was kind of painful. I thought that it would pass and eventually start working.... it didn't. I will never try Murad again.

Reviewed on March 22, 2012

First of all, the "clear skin in 4 weeks" guarantee is false. Depending on the depth and severity of your acne, it will probably take longer. Second of all, the bad reviews are based on the purging period during which acne-causing bacteria is resurfaced (in the form of acne, or course). This is essential to clear skin!!! I've been trying this product for a month, and have endured discouragement from my family because my acne was getting worse. But towards the end of the month, my skin greatly improved! I went from having severe acne all over my forehead (this was before using Murad) to only about 3 pimples in the area and some tiny ones. My cheeks have undergone similar improvement.However, it'll probably take another month or so for my acne to disappear completely, so I repurchased it. I would highly recommend using this product only if you have the patience and perseverance to stick with it. Murad will be the last acne product I will ever have to use!!