Page 5 of Murad Acne Complex reviews

Acne Complex® Kit
Clarifying Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin Perfecting Lotion
Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Acne Spot Treatment
Sulfur 3.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Murad Acne Complex Kit/ for problem skin ($100 Value) 60 day supply
updated: 10/19/2014 23:57 UTC
Murad 30 Day Acne Complex Kit
updated: 10/19/2014 23:57 UTC

Reviewed on September 27, 2012

I've been using the complete set of Murad Acne Complex for over 2 YEARS now.For about the first 6 months I saw some improvement ( about a 30%-45% decrease in acne- and I had black and whiteheads).But afterwards for the next year I didn't see much of an improvement and felt that it had hit a plateau.And up till now (for the past 6 months) it has only gotten worse.I have twice as much acne as before and I'll occasionally will get cystic acne (something I NEVER had before).Also the wash smells like a combination of oranges and acid, and the leave-in spot treatment smells strongly of sulfur.Besides the untreated acne, the smell has to be second-most embarrassing.I would try to use the spot treat all over my face in hopes of reducing my acne, but those around me (when near my face [hugging, kissing], or even when I laid on a pillow) would complain of the smell. A bad-smelling face should NOT compensate for acne treatment.

Unfortunately I'm still using Murad until I can find a cleanser that works.I'm thinking about trying Black African soap, and if that doesn't work I'll try going back to Proactive - Yes PROACTIVE, something that I stopped using 5 years ago due to it being too harsh. But I feel that I have no other choice. I'd rather have a dry face than one that smells so bad I can't be near my friends.

The only time I would recommend this is if you have LIGHT acne and is suffering from a flare-up, and I would only recommend the cleanser and the moisturizer. And when applying make-up you would have to wait about 10 mins for the moisturizer to absorb in the skin.

I felt like I wasted two years of my life and now I don't know where to go concerning my face.I would visit the Derm, but last time they only gave me a bunch of random topical medicines that left my face extremely irritated and when they prescribed me Minocin I was constantly sick (nauseous, stomach cramps, dizziness) and left me with a very ODD case of skin discoloration.Tha

Reviewed on August 27, 2012

Okay, everyone is complaining about the purging stage. The truth is, this happens with almost EVERY acne treatment you'll use. It's the hidden stuff coming up and your face adjusting to the change. It takes a while to adjust to and everyone reacts differently. After using the product only once, my face started to break out a little..However, in the spots where it was clear, you could tell that those spots were actually cleaner. You can feel both the 1st and 2nd step working while you apply it. My face still hasn't cleared up, but I'm still in the purging stage and I have hope for this product, honestly. I know it will work out in the end. You shouldn't lose hope either. I got this product at Sephora for 27 dollars; 25 with my mall discount. If you want to buy this product, you can find it cheap, I'm sure. I got the entire package. I will update my review once I get past the purging stage.

Reviewed on August 26, 2012

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T USE THIS! I would rate this a zero if I could.

Reviewed on August 24, 2012

It works !! I'm two weeks and one day into the treatment and I'm very impressed. I will admit I was nervous during the purging stage but I stuck it out and now I have acne free skin, I still have light blemishes from previous acne scaring but I notice they are fading and I trust this product will eliminate that proble In Due time

Reviewed on August 14, 2012

I've had acne since i was 14, I'm now 18 and recently it has gotten worse. I used this product for three months and i made my skin worse! It caused bumps all ever my forehead which i never had before. It caused bumps everywhere which turned to cystic acne and my my skin looked ugly and worse. I would not recommend this to anyone. I just stopped using it 3 days ago and started the Exposed Acne System and it had already improved my skin AMAZINGLY. Murad did not work for me it made everything worse.

Reviewed on August 7, 2012

I have had acne all my life and have used just about every over the counter product. When I bought this I was pretty skeptical but I can honestly say its been great on my skin, very gentle and effective at preventing breakouts. This product has done wonders for my skin.

Reviewed on July 31, 2012

Murad acne complex for the first 2 weeks was absolute torture. It made my face look horrible. I had countless white heads all over my face. My face was aslso extremely flared and red. But after those 2 weeks my face started to clear. Im on my 3rd week and my face is clearing, the white heads are going away and the redness is fading away. If you are willing to go through the worst 2 weeks ever than this item is very good for you.

Reviewed on July 18, 2012

This was recommended by my dermatologist and its amazing! I use the cleanser and the spot treatment every second day and the treatment gel every other day. It's really great for my skin and works really well except it varies for different people's skin. But it's really gentle and I'm surprised to see so many bad reviews! I experienced the 'purging stage' about a week after i started using it but that passed quickly and just started clearing up. You should definitely try it!!

Reviewed on July 13, 2012

I purchased my Murad kit at Sephora. I've had acne for about 13 years now. I'm African American with Light Skin. I've tried lots of OTC medications, Proactiv, Herbal Remedies, Antibiotics, Retin-A-Micro, and Differin Gel. Some of these products worked, but they took a really long time to work or they had side effects I didn't like. This kit has defiantly cleared my skin in the past month. I'm not completely clear, but I have noticed a big difference. I use the cleanser twice a day, and I use everything else in the kit three times a day. Plus I drink more water than I did in the past, and I take a multivitamin. I didn't notice a purging stage because my skin breaks out all the time. Just be patient and using less works best.

Reviewed on July 12, 2012

I bought it three times and at first i was so excited - it actually worked! It WAS awsome but then my acne got worse and now I just can't stop them :/ maby it's just me..?