Overall rating: 2.3 / 5

Average price: $52.24

Brand: Murad

Most helpful review

By flowermama, Kansas City, KS on 12/20/2012

I'm surprised to find so many negative reviews on this product. So far Murad has been the only product that treats my acne effectively. I've been using it for several years now and it keeps me 90% clear. I still have the occasional break out which is usually hormonal or if I'm using a cosmetic that doesn't agree with my skin. If this system works for you I recommend buying the full size versions of these products. They are economical and last a very long time..

Pros:
  • Gentle
  • Effective
  • Clears skin
Cons:
  • Purging phase
  • Takes 4-6 weeks for skin to clear

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Acne Complex® Kit
Clarifying Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin Perfecting Lotion
Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Acne Spot Treatment
Sulfur 3.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Murad Acne Complex Kit/ for problem skin ($100 Value) 60 day supply
updated: 04/16/2014 13:10 UTC
Murad 30 Day Acne Complex Kit
updated: 04/16/2014 13:10 UTC

Member reviews

By on

Ughh I hate it. I thought this would be amazing but it really was the opposite! Made my face break out LIKE CRAZY and was waaaay to harsh for my skin. It's been like 3 weeks since I stopped using this whole regimen and my face still looks horrendous. If you have sensitive skin I beg you don't use these products!

Pros

• there are none...

Cons

• two words: irritation everywhere
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 36
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was recommended this product by a saleswoman at Sephora. She said this was a better choice then Clinque because it had given people faster results. I tried it the first day and liked the feel and the smell. A couple days later my skin broke out in a rash and has become very itchy. It looks very similar to a heat rash. I would not recommend this product.

Pros

• Cleanser smells nice.

Cons

• Caused rash.
  • Caused dry, red, itchy, irritated skin.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 35
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Waited for the purging stage to end-it didnt.

Pros

• Moisturizers work well

Cons

• Made acne alot worse
  • Dries skin
  • Expensive
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The worst product so far I tried.

Does not work, they rip you off and then charge your credit card fir refills! Strongly recommend any other product. The worst customer service, and money hungry company, Please avoid all together Murad! I wish I did research before wasting my money and time on a wasteful product. I recommend Proactive....

Pros

• smells nice

Cons

• more break out, oily, no results!
  • very light
  • for about a month
  • $ 50
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I was fooled into buying this product desperate for some relief watching late night tv. Hung in there for around 3 months waiting for results. Never did in fact it got much worse so I discontinued use. Learned later that Murad is a complete scam. Even was flagged as one of the top scams on a consumer protection website. I spent way too much money for this product. I think it's awful that a company would prey on people with a real problem. Just thought I'd share my experience.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Did nothing for acne. Made it worse.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 60
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Murad uses ingrediants that department stores do not use, which explains the expense. However these ingrediants prove to be very inneffective.

Pros

• My skin felt pretty good, not as dry.

Cons

• The product flat out tells you, this product will make your skin purge. It claims it will purge your skin, but then clear it up. All in the matter of 30 days. Heres what really happens, you spend a significant amount of time putting all these products on your face, advised that while using Murad, dont even touch ANY other brand, so i was unable to use my regular Clean and Clear cleanser. So i was strictly using these products for around 30 days, all it did was purge the hell out of my skin.
  • $ 31
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I started this product because I was recommended it by the lady at Ulta. Before starting this product I had maybe one to two pimples a week. I just got it to make my face 100% clear. Worst product made me break out so bad. Do not get this at all.

By on

I used this product for a few months and it does not work. It leaves my t-zone very oily and my skin breaks out a lot. Leaves my skin also very irritated and red. This product was not worth my $60. I go to the dermatologist instead it's way better than spending on useless products like this

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• •oily
  • •I break out more
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 60
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

worst acne treatment ive ever used. wouldnt pay $1 for this.

• light

By on

if you want your acne gone,use this...I love it and I gave it to my daughter...it works...

Pros

• it works....

Cons

• Price and size....
  • very light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 60
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.