Overall rating: 2.3 / 5

Average price: $52.24

Brand: Murad

Most helpful review

By flowermama, Kansas City, KS on 12/20/2012

I'm surprised to find so many negative reviews on this product. So far Murad has been the only product that treats my acne effectively. I've been using it for several years now and it keeps me 90% clear. I still have the occasional break out which is usually hormonal or if I'm using a cosmetic that doesn't agree with my skin. If this system works for you I recommend buying the full size versions of these products. They are economical and last a very long time..

Pros:
  • Gentle
  • Effective
  • Clears skin
Cons:
  • Purging phase
  • Takes 4-6 weeks for skin to clear

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful

Acne Complex® Kit
Clarifying Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin Perfecting Lotion
Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Acne Spot Treatment
Sulfur 3.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Murad Acne Complex Kit/ for problem skin ($100 Value) 60 day supply
updated: 04/17/2014 21:13 UTC
Murad 30 Day Acne Complex Kit
updated: 04/17/2014 21:13 UTC

Member reviews

“Its good”
By on

I used once but it seems to work for Oily skin....cant say for Dry skin

• $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“do not use!!!!”
By on

I used this about 5 years ago . it was terrible not only did it not help my acne. but it burned my face..

I had burns all over my face it hurt so much. took months for my skin to go heal from it . worst product I have used on my skin..

• for a few weeks
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Please do not use this stuff. Seriously.”
By on

Was recommended by a saleswoman at sephora. Never again will I ever go off of anything a salesperson tells me. I worked in retail for a while and my boss always told us to lie to get the sale. That's what salespeople do. And I'm not writing this review just to complain and make this company look bad I want to really help someone. I was getting married and so stressed so my face was horrible. She recommended this stuff and I tried it. It has been almost exactly one month and my face is worse. Breaking out in places it hasn't broken out in since I was in middle school (I'm 19 years old!) so I'm soooooo mad!! I also started getting an itchy rash on my neck from this stuff and I'm not allergic to anything. I've never come across anything in my life that I'm allergic to. So that really tells you something about this stuff. I strongly recommend not wasting your money, time and emotions on this like I did. I have been struggling with acne for years and this just made me feel worse.

Pros

• Nothing at all

Cons

• Just about everything
  • for about a month
  • $ 33
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Do not use!!”
By on

Do not use. I was using johnson & johnson acne face wash with benzoyl peroxide before Murad which was much better. Thought would give Murad a try but made my sking worse with more breakouts and rashes than ever. Used it for a month and then I gave up. The situation went so bad that I had to consult a dermatologist and get antibiotics. Would recommend to use other products which are much better and cheaper!.

• $ 50

“Not recommend”
By on

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now . At first it looks like its clearing up then out of no where breakouts formed in places where I never broke out before, I would not recommend this product to anyone...waste of time and money!!!!

Pros

• smells refreshing
  • not too oily
  • light on the skin

Cons

• itchcy
  • more breakouts
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 30
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“upset”
By on

I bought the kit about five weeks ago. I noticed results right away after using for the first few weeks....then out of the blue I began to break out in places where I usually never break out.

I have a mild case of acne, and this did not do anything. I am overall upset with this, I think I had better skin when I was using any random brand found at the store.

I used to use Olay's acne kit, and it worked WONDERS for my skin, but then they discontinued it...

I thought Murad would work, sadly it has not.

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• did not work
  • causes skin to burn
  • blah
  • for about a month
  • $ 35
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“I actually love this product”
By on

I'm actually surprised to read so many bad reviews on this product. I'll admit - I brought Murad from Sephora and after reading all the reviews had a mini panic attack after my first night of treatment and then reading all of these reviews. Obviously everyone is extremely different and have different experiences, circumstances, chemistries, etc. but I actually am having a really great experience with it. I've been using it for a little over a week now and my face is already almost completely clear. I am now mid 20's, and growing up never had a single pimple or anything, and randomly I had a breakout which I could not get under control. I stopped wearing make-up, stopped picking, etc. but nothing could clear my breakout. A friend at work recommended Murad, so in my desperate state I tried it. This is my first ever treatment I have used for acne, and I'm completely satisfied so far. No purging or excessive breakouts like people have explained. Maybe it's just my skin chemistry, but it's working really well for me so far. Another part of the problem I think people are having too is diet and hormones. I just began taking birth control again to get my hormones regulated, and I have been chugging water and eating veggies and a cleaner diet. I stopped wearing make-up for a few days and between that and Murad I, and my family have already seen an extreme improvement. Any kind of treatment like this isn't just miracle solution that will work overnight or work without some kind of diet and hormone combination. Give it time, try and regulate hormonal imbalances, drink lots of water, and eat your veggies. And don't touch your face! I had a major bad habit of this and I think that was another main issue. Murad all the way for now. Just stay extremely consistent - don't overuse or underuse products.

Pros

• Fast-Acting
  • Actually Working
  • Seeing Results

Cons

• Can be itchy (as expected)
  • for about a week
  • $ 35
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Acne meds”
By on

I first developed adult on-set acne in my mid-20s. I went to my regular doctor to find out what it was and he told me that it was herpes. Wrong. It wasn't until I went to a dermatologist that I discovered it was acne. I never had as much as a blemish in my high school years and the diagnosis was quite surprising although the doctor said it wasn't uncommon in adults. And the cause has nothing to do with dietary habits (sugar, fatty foods, soft drinks). It took over a year to get the acne under control with a treatment of antibiotics and topicals. The topicals differed according to the phase of treatment. This was some years ago and I don't know what the standard treatment is today but I would suspect that "miracle solutions" such as Acne Complex don't live up to their billing though I can't say I have used it. I watched an infomerical about this product on my local channel and thought that the reports of reversal of condition in only a few days were exaggerated. If you decide to use an over-the-counter acne medication make sure it is FDA approved and has not been recalled. When I was being treated, one medication, Persagel, had good results and it is now available over the counter. However, Persagel was only one of the medications I was using at the time and all were prescriptions. The best course of action is to consult a dermatologist who is trained in this sort of thing. Not all cases of acne are the same and you need to consult a qualified specialist who can diagnose and treat the condition safely and effectively. And sometimes the treatment plan can take a while to succeed depending on severity.

By on

I used it for a year or more (yes! a year), wanted to try it out to see if my skin will improve. There was no difference, and i was consistent. I also bought the acne kit , still no improvement. It was just a waste of money. i'm so angry that i was patient for this long.

Pros

• Mosturizer is oil free, no greasy feel
  • acne spot gel with hydroquinone is effective

Cons

• expensive
  • skin is hardly clear
  • for more than a year
  • $ 150
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This ance treatment is horrible. I regret ever buying it!!! Waste of money! My face has been breaking out like crazy! For a month now, in places i've never even gotten breakouts! Do not bu this product

Pros

• None

Cons

• more breakouts
  • smells bad
  • makes face itch
  • makes face burn
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • $ 30