Murad Acne Complex reviews

Acne Complex® Kit
Clarifying Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin Perfecting Lotion
Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Acne Spot Treatment
Sulfur 3.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Murad Acne Complex Kit/ for problem skin ($100 Value) 60 day supply
updated: 01/24/2015 21:56 UTC
Murad 30 Day Acne Complex Kit
updated: 01/24/2015 21:56 UTC

Ehhhhhh
Reviewed on January 14, 2015

The first night that I used the product, I woke up scratching my face terribly. I literally had to wash it off in the middle of the night because it irritated my skin too much. The next morning, I was going to return the product but I thought that my face looked a little smoother, so I tried it again. I didn't have any itching during the day. I tried the product again that night and my face itched! I continued to use the product because I didn't have symptoms in the daytime, only at night. My skin looked more smooth but I still would get pimples! What the heck?!?! I'm going to try proactive now.

I will never touch this stuff again.
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

Back in March, I quit my birth control, and my skin exploded like none other. I guess I had mild acne as a teen, but for the most part, I had clear skin. Anyway, I was mortified by how bad my skin was, and nothing seemed to be working. My sister's friend is an esthetician, but I don't think she's a very good one; the one time I had a bad breakout my senior year, the stuff she recommended gave me a rash and didn't help at all, and then she told me to use this kit, which, let me tell you, made my skin 100x worse.

Fast forward to May. My skin was still pretty bad, so I was desperate to try anything. I initially started with the Murad anti-aging time release wash, which didn't do so much. My friend told me that my skin was actually looking worse. Then for my birthday, my sister got me this kit. At first, it didn't seem to be hindering or helping, but then all hell broke loose. My skin was very dry, red, and the cleanser and toner just seemed to make my skin even more inflamed. My skin was so, so dry, and the moisturizer didn't seem to be helping at all. I was literally peeling. I got huge, bumpy blackheads on my cheeks, and I broke out all over my cheeks, too. I've never gotten acne on my cheeks before. I tried the spot treatment too, but it just made things so worse. My face had gotten so agitated, that I pitched the kit. Best choice I ever made. I say crap to the 'purging' period. Apparently that's a myth too- just look it up. If ANY product is reacting badly to your skin, I would never advise to 'stick through it'. Yeah eventually your skin's equilibrium will go back to normal, but to me, it's not worth the suffering. How long the reaction lasts depends on the person. The way my skin looked was so awful, it was embarrassing. No person should have to go through that.

I went back on birth control, and am using Mary Kay's Velocity facial wash. After 6 months, my face is finally almost completely clear. My skin had no adverse or negative reaction to this wash when I first started it. It only made my skin better, which I know is an excellent sign. Seriously, if you've got sensitive skin, stay away from this.

worst clenser ever
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

made my skin horrible and no improvement i dont recomend to anyone>>>

Terrible
Reviewed on January 1, 2015

Okay, I have always had acne. I purchased the acne starter kit from Sephora and used it two or three days. My skin looks awful! I have a horrible rash all over my face and peeling as well! This crap has totally messed my skin up! I feel terrible because my hubby told me not to buy it and now I look like a rashy, scaly face idiot!!! It does not deserve the one star that I had to give it#

AMAZING
Reviewed on December 27, 2014

I'm 16 year old that struggles with acne, the first few days of using ONLY the acne fast spot, helped me out tremendously! In love with the product!

Terrible please don't do it
Reviewed on October 22, 2014

I had acne in my teen Years, and now at 28 I have adult acne, it's not much some scars and some pimple once in a while, all my life I feel awful about this problems, even if I can put some makeup on, so I saw a YouTube video talking about murad what a miracle! Better skin than ever, what a horrible!!!!! wrong! Big mistake, first day not much, second a pimple start to show , 3 day using 7 new white heads! 7!!!! And rest of the week continue getting worse, And I have to work and go out, feeling horrible so I stopped for good, I don't want to use this product 30 days and have severe acne, I went back to my old cleaner and start to go away, so save your safe for this I know that for "some people" works and what are the odds that works for you when u read all this comments in Internet. Other is that dry my face, like I was in pain. No lo Hagas! Don't!

Bad reaction to blemish control product!
Reviewed on October 8, 2014

I had a light acne control facial in The Hague Holland in a small salon nearby and was given the starter pack - used it for 2 nights and then my face looked awful - red rash and white spots - I regret using the product as now I really look bad and have to face my colleague at work!! Have stopped using the product but when will my face go back to normal or do I have to go see a dermatologist now? very worried ..... that I've damaged my skin ....

THIS STUFF IS MAGIC
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I am a teenage girl with lots of acne. I have been using this for about a week now. A week ago my skin looked like a red swollen mess with big zits everywhere that needed to be popped. Today, my skin is FLAWLESS! I am in love with Murad, IN LOVE! I love the way the clarifying cleanser feels on my face, it feels fresh and clean when I am done using it, and it smells good when it's on, it's easy to rub on and off of my face. Then, the next step feels like a nice lotion, but it's acne treatment/repair. I don't feel any burning or stinging with this one. The next Treatment and Repair step is if you have a prominent zit on your face, you apply it directly there. I noticed the size of my zit shrink in about 3 mins! At this point, I am not even needing that step though, my skin looks great, no more big zits!!! After about 3 days of applying that to the zit area they were all gone! I honestly believe that Murad is magic, at least for my skin. The lotion also feels good, and is GREAT sun protection! My only complaint is that Murad makes your face look a little shiny, so while using you may want to use a powder based foundation. But my face feels radiant! I have never felt so confident in my skin before! I LOVE this product and recommend it to everyone! If you are comparing this to Rodan and Fields or Clinique, look at my reviews for those, too (POST OF SHAME, and OUCH)! I hope this helped!

WORST ACNE TREATMENT I'VE EVER USED
Reviewed on August 15, 2014

I went to Massage Envy for monthly facials by the esthetician. My acne was very bad and nothing I have ever used has worked. So I figured why not? I went in and they sold me the Anti-Aging line of Murad because my skin was too sensitive for the full on acne treatment at first. I used it for a while, on top of Murad's facials each month, and my skin was not getting better after a month and half of use. It was getting worse and worse. I took the products back and was told to use the Environmental Essential C line. THAT WAS TERRIBLE! Made my skin 100 times worse. After over a month of use, I took it back and was told to use the Anti-Aging and Acne line. It wasn't as strong as the acne line because my skin was still too sensitive. I used this line for two months and my skin was absolutely ruined. Every time I was told "It just brings it all out." Okay, so why is it still "bringing it out" over 3 months later. I used it for a while, and took it back for the full on acne line. WHAT A JOKE! Absolutely terrible. Didn't work, and my acne went from moderate to severe quick. Murad is by far the absolute worst acne line I have ever used in my life. And it's not cheap either. I've wasted almost $1,000 on murad products and facials, and it didn't work. I recently went to Neutrogena. I got their Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser for very cheap. And...I HAVE FOUND THE "ALMOST" CURE TO ACNE! I use the cleanser in the morning and night, but on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights I put about a teaspoon of Baking Soda on my hand hand mix in a pump of cleanser. I gently rub it in and rinse really well. And the results are amazing. Only do it 3 times a week, at night only. It will help a lot. It is a little drying but I'm using Aveeno Gentle Moisturizer. All of your acne won't go away completely obviously, but it works! Honesty, anything is better than Murad though. Save yourself. Do not use Murad products. Any of them!!!

total garbage
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Way back when I tried Murad, it was because Proactive (BP) stopped working on me, and my boyfriend at the time was broken out and wanted to try something. We both gave it a shot, both got worse with no signs of getting better. What is this stuff and why do stores still carry it, and for exorbitant prices?