Murad Acne Complex reviews

Acne Complex® Kit
Clarifying Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Salicylic Acid 1.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin Perfecting Lotion
Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Acne Spot Treatment
Sulfur 3.0%.

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Murad Acne Complex Kit/ for problem skin ($100 Value) 60 day supply
updated: 09/16/2014 18:35 UTC
Murad 30 Day Acne Complex Kit
updated: 09/16/2014 18:35 UTC

THIS STUFF IS MAGIC
Reviewed on August 17, 2014

I am a teenage girl with lots of acne. I have been using this for about a week now. A week ago my skin looked like a red swollen mess with big zits everywhere that needed to be popped. Today, my skin is FLAWLESS! I am in love with Murad, IN LOVE! I love the way the clarifying cleanser feels on my face, it feels fresh and clean when I am done using it, and it smells good when it's on, it's easy to rub on and off of my face. Then, the next step feels like a nice lotion, but it's acne treatment/repair. I don't feel any burning or stinging with this one. The next Treatment and Repair step is if you have a prominent zit on your face, you apply it directly there. I noticed the size of my zit shrink in about 3 mins! At this point, I am not even needing that step though, my skin looks great, no more big zits!!! After about 3 days of applying that to the zit area they were all gone! I honestly believe that Murad is magic, at least for my skin. The lotion also feels good, and is GREAT sun protection! My only complaint is that Murad makes your face look a little shiny, so while using you may want to use a powder based foundation. But my face feels radiant! I have never felt so confident in my skin before! I LOVE this product and recommend it to everyone! If you are comparing this to Rodan and Fields or Clinique, look at my reviews for those, too (POST OF SHAME, and OUCH)! I hope this helped!

WORST ACNE TREATMENT I'VE EVER USED
Reviewed on August 15, 2014

I went to Massage Envy for monthly facials by the esthetician. My acne was very bad and nothing I have ever used has worked. So I figured why not? I went in and they sold me the Anti-Aging line of Murad because my skin was too sensitive for the full on acne treatment at first. I used it for a while, on top of Murad's facials each month, and my skin was not getting better after a month and half of use. It was getting worse and worse. I took the products back and was told to use the Environmental Essential C line. THAT WAS TERRIBLE! Made my skin 100 times worse. After over a month of use, I took it back and was told to use the Anti-Aging and Acne line. It wasn't as strong as the acne line because my skin was still too sensitive. I used this line for two months and my skin was absolutely ruined. Every time I was told "It just brings it all out." Okay, so why is it still "bringing it out" over 3 months later. I used it for a while, and took it back for the full on acne line. WHAT A JOKE! Absolutely terrible. Didn't work, and my acne went from moderate to severe quick. Murad is by far the absolute worst acne line I have ever used in my life. And it's not cheap either. I've wasted almost $1,000 on murad products and facials, and it didn't work. I recently went to Neutrogena. I got their Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser for very cheap. And...I HAVE FOUND THE "ALMOST" CURE TO ACNE! I use the cleanser in the morning and night, but on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday nights I put about a teaspoon of Baking Soda on my hand hand mix in a pump of cleanser. I gently rub it in and rinse really well. And the results are amazing. Only do it 3 times a week, at night only. It will help a lot. It is a little drying but I'm using Aveeno Gentle Moisturizer. All of your acne won't go away completely obviously, but it works! Honesty, anything is better than Murad though. Save yourself. Do not use Murad products. Any of them!!!

total garbage
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

Way back when I tried Murad, it was because Proactive (BP) stopped working on me, and my boyfriend at the time was broken out and wanted to try something. We both gave it a shot, both got worse with no signs of getting better. What is this stuff and why do stores still carry it, and for exorbitant prices?

Mur-bad!
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

I have dealt with acne since I was 14 years old. I'm now 31 and I still have acne! This stuff was recommended to me by a friend, and maybe it worked for her, but me? Not so much. I'm having similar issues like everyone else, breaking out on my cheeks and jaw line , where I have never had acne before! Plus leaving me with horrible scars; and I've only used it for 2.5 weeks. I started thinking, well, maybe it's purging? But it makes no sense to purge in places where I never had acne to begin with, and they are quickly turning to scars :( big bummer for me. I'm looking forward to stopping and seeing my cheeks turn to normal again. I'm finally considering acutane.

by jball2014 on 08/30/2014 23:33
Please do not use accutane. I'm 36 and used it for 3mos and started having ear problems and stopped using it. I now have Ménière's disease and there is no cure for it. It is a terrible disease.. Google it if you aren't familiar with it..
Murad works !
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

I to be honest find Murad to be very helpful. Just in the first 3 days i noticed a difference, my acne was already fading. Whenever i dont use it i start to break out alot more but when i start up again my skin is almost clear. It took around 2-3 weeks to go through the purging but besides that there really are no down sides to this treatments that i have suffered.

by loulou200 on 08/17/2014 04:38
I TOTALLY agree! I had the same results!!!
Let me down
Reviewed on February 26, 2014

I'v been using this system for a year and frankly it has done more harm than good. Last week i got put on topical antibiotics to deal with my face being basicaly infected. In short, this dryed my skin and spots out to a point i had scabs for weeks after a spot, that then sort of became spotty scabs and just filled with clear fluid. I never had this before.

I really wanted this to work but it dident really stop any of my brake outs.

I started getting spots in places i never did within a few months of using this but dident think much of it at the time, now months on my previously clear checks are covered in really dark scars with bad texture :(

I have giving up using this, it dident reduce brake outs, made the spots that were coming up go scabby, made my skin sensitive all the time and is pretty expensive. I had flakes of skin fall off randomly throughout the day, which socialy is a slight hindranc . . .

This hole experience was bad and I wouldnt recomend this to anybody.

Worst Decision of my Life
Reviewed on February 6, 2014

Terrible, terrible experience. I've always had a problem with marks on my cheeks, well along my cheekbones and I thought hey- no more acne that I'm tempted to demolish would equal no more scarring. I was recommended three Murad products and oh god. I'd wake up with red, bumpy, inflammation over my cheeks and I tried to convince myself it was purging but Murad DESTROYED my face completely. I got acne where I least needed it and never had it. This product makes me want to curl up in a corner and die, that's how bad it destroyed my face. I have to cake my marks with concealer everyday now. These huge, red pimples above my prone area of the marks would start bleeding on their ow, or I'd wake up with- oh don't even get me started.

I don't recommend this. Save yourself and do what I did- put absolutely nothing but water on your face. Works fine for me- perfect moisture balance and all but hey- do what you want to do. I don't trust big name companies anymore. Murad has destroyed my marks, making them much darker and more vivid, plus adding more on places I never had acne or marks.

Murad Acne system
Reviewed on February 1, 2014

I started using the acne system 2 months ago. My skin is not severe but I do have the occasional break out on my forehead. For the first few weeks I started breaking out in places I never have before, I know with any new skin care product there is a chance you could break out. I thought after a few weeks it would clear up. I was wrong. Finally two months later my forehead is pretty much clear I am still getting zits around jaw line. I stopped using the toner and only use the cleanser and the gel treatment. The toner made me get little bumps all over my face.

I wanted to give up on this product however; I am determined to stick it out longer than 3 months.

Expensive and ineffective
Reviewed on January 29, 2014

Bought this for my daughter after Neutragena Skin ID was discontinued. It was very expensive and the bottles were so small I would have considered them "sample" sizes, I would have continued to pay the ridiculous price if it had worked, but we saw NO improvement. Used it for 2 months to give it a fair try and nothing. Would not recommend this product.

A Mediocre Product
Reviewed on January 7, 2014

I have tried Murad numerous time, and I have gotten mixed results about their products. Hence, I don't know how effective they are. What really worked for my, with break outs and scarring is an all natural product I have purchased from Holystic Hut dot come, I have used the spot treatment "Almogan" their Detox Tea "Nikuzit" and their moisturizer "Neve"

all you can find at Holystic-Hut website