Murad Acne Complex reviews

Acne Complex® Kit
Clarifying Cleanser
Salicylic Acid (1.5%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum).

Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Salicylic Acid (1.0%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin Perfecting Lotion
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Acne Spot Treatment
Sulfur (3.0%).

Other Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Murad 30 Day Acne Complex Kit
updated: 12/09/2016 13:49 UTC

Wasted 5 months and wads of cash
Reviewed on September 9, 2016

Background first: I consider myself a hippy (obviously) and really wanted to go down the "natural" path when it came to my acne. Tried that for years to no avail. Finally got on Murad after my cousin professed his deep love for it. I should have known better because I dislike him and pretty much everything he stands for. Ha.

Anyways, got the kit, was warned that it would take a while to get all the existing forming pimples out so I was mentally prepared for it not to work overnight. I followed the instructions to A T for 4 months. Sure, I got depressed when I didnt see clearing but I just kept with the mantra "slow and steady" and "Patience".

At around 4 months of dedicated use, I got the worst cystic breakout I have ever had in my life. It was one of those "shut yourself in the room" type of breakouts and it didn't get better for... well weeks. I remember being blown away that after having shelled out so much damn money on this miracle product, I would not only not see any clearing but actually find it to be getting WORSE. It was then that I just went in and threw the entire product line out. They were almost full and I am not flush with cash so it was definitely a big financial loss but I just felt like I was doing more continual damage to my skin by even finishing what I had. And I lost patience.

I started the search for new products. Went to my dermatologist - they wanted to put me on drugs again (NO WAY!!!). I contemplated R&F but had heard bad things. I actually just was using Clearasil for a while... HAHAHAHA. What a joke. Four months or so ago, I read about Ninja Skincare on Amazon - random place I know. I had never heard of it but it had great reviews so I gave them a call, pretty deserate for a solution and pretty dubious. Had an amazing, life-changing consultation with one of their estheticians and got on their product stat. Remarkable stuff. Not since I was on Tetracycline in high school have I had such clear skin - and without the terrible side effects of Tetracycline.

Only reason I gave Murad 2 stars is because the cost for it isn't as exorbitant as some other treatment plans out there but overall, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - other than people I dont like, like my cousin. HAHA.

Worst
Reviewed on February 28, 2016

I've been using this product for 4 weeks already but nothing happened. In fact, more pimple occurs on my cheek even though I've never have breakouts on my cheeks. More pimple occur on my forehead.This is a waste of my money.

DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

RUINED MY LIFE
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

This Product completely ruined my life. I had clear skin in 7th grade, I just had small bumps and convinced my mom to get me this stupid treatment because i thought i had bad acne. I was so wrong. I used this product for weeks, and the "purging" process occured.... ACNE EVERYWHERE. I told myself it would be gone soon it was just "purging".... no.... I had developed cystic acne and spent over 500 dollars on treatment for my face. I am 20 years old now, a sophomore in college, and I am still recovering from this product. Please Please Please do not buy this product.

No longer a skeptic!
Reviewed on December 6, 2015

I started dealing with breakouts by 10-11 years of age. I tried every cream, medication and face wash that I could find. Creams dried me out, medications cause gastritis/acid reflux, and face washes didn't seem to help. It could be an expensive face wash kit or it could be your average store bought product. Neither worked for me.

In the last 2-3 years of my life I seem to have had some hormonal changes (26 now)? I have more acne than I did in high school, and my weight has been harder to control. I lost any extra pounds that I had found over the last couple of years, but the acne persisted. It comes in a range of acne disasters.

I have the terrible, deep, long-lasting acne that occurs on my jawline and sometimes on the cheeks (usually half a dozen of these at a time).

I have white heads, blackheads, and extremely clogged pores.

That being said, I was wary about the 'purging' process. Many claimed it wasn't a purge, but a breakout.

Well, my large cystic acne went away within a week of use, but the rest of my face appeared to be all bumpy/pimply. Here's how I have handled this..

I don't wear makeup unless I really need to. Around the house, with family, grocery shopping.. I'm 100% makeup free. I'm waiting until my skin has fully adjusted before wearing my 'non-clogging' makeup. If it clears nice enough.. I may stop makeup use all together.

I'm on the second week and everything is clearing up. I still have remnants, but they're clearing too.

Now.. how to handle dryness you ask? I'm from NE, Ohio.. I know ALL about dryness. My face is crappy, it's greasier than a tub of lard, but it dries and flakes due to looking at it the wrong way. I use a dime sized amount, maybe even less, per use. I also listen to my skin. I have the 5 piece set. I use all items in the kit, but some days I skip different pieces. If it's feeling a little dry, I skip step 2 and go straight to 3 for moisturizing. If I'm feeling extra oily, I use step two and skip 3.

All in all.. I didn't think it would work, but it has. The only cons I see are:

Size

Cost

Smell is a bit off putting (for the sulfur spot treatment)

PS.. the difference between a purge and any other reaction is that a purge is any area that may have had clogged pores. I know mine was a purge, because I know my forehead, nose, and cheeks were terribly clogged. Any unusual itchiness or severe redness could be a poor reaction.

Horrible product, gave me cystic acne
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

I've struggled with moderate acne since I was about 12 years old (I'm 27 now). I would get small breakouts around my chin/jawline that only got worse right before my period. As a teenager, I had some scattered blackheads, whiteheads and pustules but honestly, it was nothing too bad. My regimen at the time was Duac gel in the AM and Retin-A Micro at night. In 2010, someone bought me the Murad kit to help me clear up my skin. Oh man did it make things worse!!! NEVER had I experienced cystic acne - not only was it incredibly painful, but it left my face disfigured for a while. I would never wish cystic acne upon ANYONE. I had huge, red clusters of cysts all over my cheeks and jawline. I was so depressed. No amount of makeup could cover those painful cysts. Needless to say, I threw out the Murad kit (thank God!) and went to my dermatologist for help. I ended up having to go on Accutane for 5 months which was the best decision I could have made to clear up my skin. 5 years later, I still have occasional breakouts, but nothing like the cysts I had before. I still have really bad scarring on my cheeks from the cysts, that I'm hoping will fade with time. If not, it's still better than having cystic acne. Take my advice, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! Learn from my mistake.

by mmfranks12 on 01/28/2016 04:56
Same thing happened to me. I have terrible scars still left over.... many many years after using this stupid product.
Horrible product, will ruin your life.
Reviewed on July 22, 2015

This product made my skin blow up with acne, and for the first time in my life (I'm actually past my teenage years), I was nicknamed pizza face. I started this treatment when I was applying for a new job and since my forehead made me look like I had leprosy, I had to cut my own bangs to cover up my forehead. I switched back to Proactiv and now the damage from this sh*tty product has been reversed. AVOID MURAD AT ALL COST!

Dried Skin Out :/
Reviewed on July 9, 2015

First off, I had bought this product back in HIGHSCHOOL for the first time and I loved it! I have never had bad acne but I had a few spots here and there with a little redness. It helped out so much. I thought 7 years later ( With a couple zits/redness from birth control) I would try it again. Hey why not it worked wonders the first time.. I bought it and did the whole 1 step, 2 step ect.. treatment ( I purchased the starter kit) the first 24 hours of useing it/ having the spot treatment on my face, I could see that the acne spot had started to go away and the redness went down ( even other people at work noticed) so I thought "HELL YA, ITS ACTULLY WORKING!!" the next day I did the same steps and went to bed, that morning i woke up and i felt like i had the tightest, roughest skin. It dried my skin out SO BAD! It hurt to even open my mouth! I immediatly stopped using it and now i have to return it. I am so bummed because i was seeing results! Did this happen to anyone else?! Is this normal?! HELP!

Amazing
Reviewed on May 16, 2015

This has worked wonders on my skin. I've tried every line out there. I can't believe some of the reviews because this was seriously a life saver. I was on the pill for years but I hated the symptoms I got. I finally found this gem and I couldn't be happier. I'm using the Acne clearing solution and the skin perfecting lotion. I can't wait to move onto their other products.

Reviewed on March 5, 2015

Do NOT by this product. It is like cystitis on your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love!
Reviewed on February 8, 2015

I've tried countless products, oral, topical, prescription, otc, you name it I've tried it. Epiduo was one of the inly things to help my skin but unfortunately insurance wouldn't cover and it was too pricey without insurance. I've been suffering from acne since I was 15 and I'm now 26. I went and had an acne facial and the lady recommended this product. After reading reviews I was almost scared to try it! Luckily I decided to go ahead with it and within a week I noticed a lot of clearing. Still hesitatant, I wanted to give it a few more weeks and now my skin is almost completely clear! Ive never once written a review before but this worked wonders for me and with all the negative reviews on this I felt the need to share my positive experience! Love love love this stuff and I'm so grateful for my newly cleared skin