Murad Acne Body Wash reviews

2.8/5 - 12 reviews

Brand: Murad

Salicylic Acid 1.0% (Acne Treatment).

Other Ingredients:
Water (aqua), sodium C 14-16 olefin sulfonate, polyethylene, cocoamidopropyl betaine, glycerin, acrylates crosspolymer, PEG-200 hydrogenated glyceryl palmate, triclosan, rice amino acids, lysine lauroyl methionate, zinc aspartate, chitosan ascorbate, phoenix dactylifera (date) seed, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, polyquaternium-51, glycolic acid, sodium hydroxide, hydrogen peroxide, menthol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, benzophenone-4, benzoic.

Murad Acne Body Wash (8.5 oz)
updated: 12/22/2014 03:04 UTC

Reviewed on March 26, 2013

I haven't used this product for very long, I've only actually used it for about 4 days. When I read the many reviews on this product, I was so excited to get it because I was ready for my bacne to clear up really fast! It hasn't made any improvements to the appearance of my skin this far, but I still won't give up hope! I've recently read an article on the murad blog that talks about purging. If you’ve been researching acne treatment solutions, then you’ve certainly heard people mention “the purge.” What exactly is an acne purge? It’s the period of time after you begin using new acne products when your skin breaks out more intensely than it did before you started using them. But why would you use an acne treatment or other acne-fighting products that actually cause you to break out? Isn’t the point to get clear skin, not more blemishes? While clear skin is the ultimate goal, purging is one of the most important steps to getting clear skin for the long term. After reading this article I hope it makes those of you that said you have used it only a few times and it has gotten really bad. Just keep using it!

Reviewed on September 27, 2012

Besides having a crap ton of facial acne, I tried using this on my bacne because I was using Murad for my face. I used this product for about 5 months and the only thing I would really commend it that it calms down body acne that's inflamed. If it's red, sensitive, or itchy - it'll cool down your skin really nice. Besides that there's not much more I could say. I still had (and have) back acne and after about 1 month it's as if my skin gave the wash the silent treatment - no difference at all. It did not work for me, but it may work for others.

Don't mark it out. Try it, but don't hold your breath too long.

Reviewed on May 3, 2010

a lot of people say it works, and i'm sure it did for them. a lot of people have different type of acne, and everyone's bodies work differently, therefore, not a product may work for one person, but not necessarily for others. sadly, i was one of those unlucky people who paid $40 for it and got no results. just because it didn't work for me, i'm going to recommend a no, but its really a maybe for my aforementioned reasons.

Reviewed on February 3, 2010

I looked like a monster after only one week of using this CRAP. I wouldn't recomend this product to my worst enemy. Dr. Murad should be behind bars!

My acne WAS moderate but after using this (so called acne treatment) my acne is severe now

Reviewed on August 8, 2009

my skin did purge for about a week but i kept using even though it looked horrible after my backed finished purging it looked beautiful it was like when i was a kid and had soft flawless skin, it cost $8.00 at ulta

Reviewed on November 17, 2008

This really works for me. Within a week of using this scrub each morning, my back and chest were nearly cleared. It normalized my greasy skin without drying. Only downside is the price.

Reviewed on November 3, 2008

I look so scarred up now in places i never broken out before, the bottom line is this stuff will keep making you purge no matter what! There is no purging process! This stuff keeps pulling the acne underneith your skin numerous times! Its been two months and im getting worse and worse everytime i use this stuff! Im so done with it! Its a rip off and this guy should be sued!!!

Reviewed on February 20, 2008

The only best thing about this Murad body wash is its fragrance. Otherwise I have noticed it usually takes around one to two months to really notice the difference with your skin. I stopped using this product due to its slow and expensive factor. I am using Proactiv body wash which is cheaper and takes less time in giving the desired skin.

Reviewed on February 4, 2008

Didn't find anything good about this product. It was completely ineffective in curing or diminishing my acne even after using it for one and a half month. I switched over to Proactiv which was a bit better than this product but ultimately I moved to Zenmed, which gave me amazing results in a short span for treating my acne.

Marina