Mupirocin (2%) Ointment reviews

4.5/5 - 17 reviews
no reviews

Mupirocin USP (2%).

Miscible ointment base (polyethylene glycol ointment, N.F.) consisting of polyethylene glycol 400 and polyethylene glycol 3350.

Works
Reviewed on November 13, 2013

I've been using bactroban on and off for 3 years. No ones ever been able to tell me what happens on my face/head/neck, but this is the only thing that works for it. I get acne but after reading other reviews I'd have to say I might be getting a staph type of rash during times of stress. it starts on my neck in little raised bumps then spreads all over my head and throughout my hair. If left untreated some of the bumps start to turn into open wound like scabs. (not poppable) Cystic pimple things start to form everyday I'll get a new one and so I always make sure I have bactroban. I do not use it for regular acne and don't suggest it, or using bandaids on sensitive skin. That left big red round rings around my problem areas. If any one reads this and feels like they've had the same thing the most important thing is to stay extra clean. Wash your hands before ever touching your face, change your pillow case every night and stay away from everything in your makeup bag that has touched infected areas. Good luck!

Reviewed on January 9, 2012

If you are using this for acne you need to STOP. It is one of the only antibiotics out there that will kill MRSA (Staph bacteria resistant to other antibiotics). I was on it for a staph infection that I got after nose surgery.

I can't believe people are using it for acne. It's very irresponsible for doctors to prescribe this for acne. When you take unnecessary antibiotics like this for minor conditions like acne you are making it more likely that it will not work against serious infections that it really needs to work for... like staph infections. Besides, its very itchy and burns on the skin I don't know why you would prefer this to other acne treatments.

Reviewed on June 18, 2011

It does work. Sometimes it will work less effectively, but it's worth it. You should definitely purchase this.

Reviewed on March 18, 2011

I saw the reviews for this product so I asked my doctor to prescribe it for me.My skin was terrible bad so I used this for the past two days and my face looks 65% better. It does a nice, quick turn a round on your skin. But because your skin can get used to it I only plan on using this for one week and then going back to my regular routine. However I will always keep this on hand!

Reviewed on February 1, 2011

Mupriocin is a very fast effective product used to kill staff infections, if it kill that best believe it will clear any type of pimple in about two days! Its amazing!

Reviewed on October 17, 2010

I have been on this product for about 2 weeks and so far it's really not doing much for me. I read the reviews and was extremely optimistic. It has gotten rid of the cystic acne i used to get but now i have small little bumps all over my face. And me skin is more oily overall then i used to be. I'm planning on stopping use of this pretty soon.

Reviewed on July 2, 2010

If you're desperate to get a clear face fast - this is the quickest way to get rid of your acne TEMPORARILY (took me 2 days!)

Reviewed on September 19, 2009

DEFINITELY worth the money...I wish I had found this before I spent so much money on various products, skin care lines, and other medications

Reviewed on August 15, 2009

I started using this because of a Staph infection I had at the base of my neck. I noticed the next morning that the acne I had around the same area (that I've spent $$$$ over the last few years to treat unsuccessfully) was completely gone. A week later (yesterday) I had a follow up w/ my Dr. & she said although my Staph was better I could use it on my whole face if I wanted to. I woke up this morning to a face that is now completely clear & no redness or blotches. I cried tears of joy. I just hope by using it occasionally this will continue.

Reviewed on August 5, 2009

If you have cystic acne and a dermatologist, have them prescribe this for you. I struggle with occasional but infrequent cyst flareups and had a few recently while out of town. On a whim at the time I tried Polysporin which was available and helped somewhat with the cyst that had broken the skin, but not with the one that didn't. Got home two days ago and found Bactroban (2% mupirocin) in the cabinet. Looked it up here and saw good reviews. Applied with a small circular bandaid and in one day it was noticeably reduced. Second day in, it is reduced more. The only thing in the past that I've found to impact cystic acne like this is oral antibiotics on a consistent regimen, which frankly I stopped doing because I'm not comfortable with such a lifetime regimen. Not sure of the cost, depends on your health plan, but the tube I have will last for years so I consider it cheap!