Mountain Rose Herbs Rose Hip Seed Oil reviews

Brand: Mountain Rose Herbs

Organic Rose Hip Seed oil, Organic Calendula Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil and Pure Essential Oils of Organic Lavender, Organic Helichrysum, and Carrot Seed.

Rose hip seed oil and then some
Reviewed on December 18, 2014

Mountain Rose Herbs sells the best rose hip seed oil I have ever tried. It's very thin, which is great for quick absorption and the color is not so orange that it makes skin yellow. I have found nothing better as a base oil for an everyday facial moisterizer and especially for the acne formula I make for clients. (I add several pure essential oils that end acne permanently and repair scar tissue and pock marks. Write to Yogi Marlon if you would like some.)

Reviewed on November 20, 2012

This is a relatively unknown oil, compared to olive oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, and all the other more popular varieties. It was very gentle on my skin and absorbed really well. I cleared my acne through diet and removal of harsh cleansers/creams, and using this didn't cause any type of breakout. I only used it for a month. It's thinner than grape seed oil, which is pretty thin to begin with. It's almost watery, which I feel is a good thing. If you know your skin isn't a fan of oils, you still might give this a try, but maybe spot test it. If your skin is a fan of oils, picking up a bit of rose hip seed oil is a safe investment. This is not the only brand i've used. It's supposedly good for scarring, as well as active acne. Everyone's skin is not created equal, so it may not be a miracle product for you. But if you're an oil person...i think it's worth the bit of cash you have to shell out for it. Doesn't smell bad, and has a dark reddish color.

I gave it a 5 rating because it's the best quality oil i've used. Not saying the brand is the best, cause there are likely others just as good. Rose hip seed oil in general seems to be the thinnest, most ideal oil for acne prone skin. At least in my experience

Also i put 'very light' for acne severity, but when i was in my prime, it was moderate to severe. That was before i addressed my diet and stopped slathering harsh crap on my face.