Mountain Rose Herbs Rose Hip Seed Oil reviews

4.8/5 - 4 reviews

Brand: Mountain Rose Herbs

Mountain Rose Herbs Rose Hip Seed Oil

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Mountain Rose Herbs Rose Hip Seed Oil

This was a MIRACLE for me
Reviewed on April 11, 2015

Let me tell you my acne horror story.

I was born with the worst acne, genetic cystic acne. Growing up as a kid, I'd just eat anything in sight, and not care. Both my brother and sister had to go through this disease, and I knew I was next. For a few years, using product controlled my acne, and that was that.

Late last year though my acne started breaking out with a force. This wave of acne was filled with anger, and my products stood no chance anymore. Their effectiveness wore off, and I developed some bad, bad cysts. I was prescribed antibiotics which deflammed and got rid of the cysts, but I had horrible scarring as well as other pimples.

I changed my diet, which FINALLY brought my breakouts under complete control (basically no processed, no peanuts, no soy, no gluten [except sourdough]), but alas, I was left with burn like scarring.

By March I wanted to give rosehip a try. I previously tried aloe vera which, while it works, takes a while to see results. Rosehip is not an overnight cure, but it DOES work quickly (give it 1-3 months; time is a b****). It MIGHT clog your pores, but I never experienced this. After 2 weeks, my scars began to noticeably fade and lost the dark reddish color. 1 month in and now theyre dissapearing. Not only is it getting fid of the ugly scars but it's helping me psychologically, as I don't feel like some freak.

Overall, give this a try. Diet, rosehip, sunscreen, and yes, prescription pills are the way to go for me.

Reviewed on January 24, 2015

I love this stuff. It's great for a moisturizer and can fade red marks from acne. I put it on right before bed and leave it on all night. I don't know how it would work in the morning and under make up, I have never tried this. But it also has anti-aging properties as well. Love it!

Rose hip seed oil and then some
Reviewed on December 18, 2014

Mountain Rose Herbs sells the best rose hip seed oil I have ever tried. It's very thin, which is great for quick absorption and the color is not so orange that it makes skin yellow. I have found nothing better as a base oil for an everyday facial moisterizer and especially for the acne formula I make for clients. (I add several pure essential oils that end acne permanently and repair scar tissue and pock marks. Write to Yogi Marlon if you would like some.)

Reviewed on November 20, 2012

This is a relatively unknown oil, compared to olive oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, and all the other more popular varieties. It was very gentle on my skin and absorbed really well. I cleared my acne through diet and removal of harsh cleansers/creams, and using this didn't cause any type of breakout. I only used it for a month. It's thinner than grape seed oil, which is pretty thin to begin with. It's almost watery, which I feel is a good thing. If you know your skin isn't a fan of oils, you still might give this a try, but maybe spot test it. If your skin is a fan of oils, picking up a bit of rose hip seed oil is a safe investment. This is not the only brand i've used. It's supposedly good for scarring, as well as active acne. Everyone's skin is not created equal, so it may not be a miracle product for you. But if you're an oil person...i think it's worth the bit of cash you have to shell out for it. Doesn't smell bad, and has a dark reddish color.

I gave it a 5 rating because it's the best quality oil i've used. Not saying the brand is the best, cause there are likely others just as good. Rose hip seed oil in general seems to be the thinnest, most ideal oil for acne prone skin. At least in my experience

Also i put 'very light' for acne severity, but when i was in my prime, it was moderate to severe. That was before i addressed my diet and stopped slathering harsh crap on my face.