Thank you so much for taking to time to tell me about your experience!
After a few days of doing water-only and feeling gross and dirty, I decided that logically this regimen would not work for me given that I was wearing makeup.
Sleeping with my makeup up is obviously a bad idea, for obvious reasons. However, I know I've damaged my acid mantle (or skin's natural barrier) with years of using drying cleansers day and night. So what to do about that? Obviously, using cleansers is NOT the way to go, and I can't go back to my old ways, it wasn't working for me and my face was always dry yet oily and irritated.
So after a lot of research on the acid mantle, etc... I've come up with this modified version:
1. Rinse with COLD water (I do that in the shower, so avoid as much as possible the hot water I use to wash my hair, and at the end of the shower proceed to rinsing my face with colder water).
2. Pat dry with a paper towel (I wonder if this might be irritating my skin too, perhaps I should switch to a clean towel? Something to keep in mind for later updates).
3. Spray Rose Water on my face and neck (Rose water is a great toner and helps restore the acid mantle). I use the brand Cortas, it's food grade.
4. Let the rose water air dry
5. Apply my makeup (Almay Smart Shade, safest makeup for acne)
1. On a cotton pad, pour a generous amount of acne.org Jojoba oil and gently wipe face with both sides of the cotton pad to remove makeup. I only started doing this yesterday and was amazed at how well it removed the makeup. Time will tell if this will break me out...
2. Rinse face with cold water
3. Pat dry with paper towel
4. Spray rose water on face and let air dry
5. Go to bed and have a goodnight's sleep
I will update in a few days to tell you if this is working or broke me out worse.
Right now: My left side is almost completely clear, I can't quite believe it, only one or two minor specs.
My right side has 4-5 bumbs, 2 of which are active and this is caused by trying the horrible Powder FX foundation a few days ago. HUGE MISTAKE.
I also have 2 pimples on my chin which were caused, I suspect, by the Powder FX and trying this yogurt mask I read about (In an attempt to help the acid mantle). The yogurt mask works for a lot of people but apparently for me it cause little white heads, so I'll be staying away from that.
OK well that's all for today!
Talk to you soon
Hey there, to be honest I figured girls would probably be turned off of this regimen because of makeup removal. At least you're still determined to find a way to make it work. My one suggestion with your daily and nightly routine would be to let your face AIR DRY, always. I would even do this before applying the rose water. I wish I understood the science behind it better, but letting my own face air dry alleviated dryness, redness, and irritation. That simple.
Are you still having success with jojoba oil? It majorly clogged my pores in the past but perhaps I was using too much to wash my face. I've also read that it's common to have one side of your face that is more prone to breakouts than the other. I have the same problem. Each area of the face correlates to an internal source. Look up an 'acne face map' for Chinese medicine's internal reasoning behind acne if you haven't already. Good luck and keep the updates coming. You're on the right path.