Just stating the obvious...a Mediterranean diet is high in olive oil and other omega 3s. You might need to balance your omega 3-6 ratio by consuming less vegetable oil which is hidden in many foods. Here's some things you should do:
- Eating primarily plant-based foods, such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes and nuts
- Replacing butter with healthy fats, such as olive oil
- Using herbs and spices instead of salt to flavor foods
- Limiting red meat to no more than a few times a month
- Eating fish and poultry at least twice a week (make sure it's wild caught fish, preferably salmon)
- Drinking red wine in moderation (optional)
I think the Mediterranean diet you were eating was anti-inflammatory and was protecting you from acne. If you balance your omega 3-6 ratio your skin will return to normal.