stephzoarsMember Since 29 Jun 2013
Offline Last Active Jan 31 2014 07:13 PM
My name is Stephanie, kind of a given, and I have had the pleasure of having a face full of zits since puberty (wondrous age 11). I've honestly tried it all, including holistic approaches and every man-made chemical cocktail.
Everyone is CLEARLY different, so acne triggers for everyone are different. Any little thing off kilter can cause irritation of the skin.
You just have to be the healthiest you you can be!
And though I dislike doctors, derms included, everyone could really learn a thing or two from them.
Aaaaaaaaanyways, I have found a few things that work for me..
1. Washing and moisturizing with the BLANDEST OF THE BLAND products... I use "Free & Clear," this eliminates any sort of notion that I have an allergy to one of the ingredients.
2. DRINKING ENOUGH WATER. So simple but I think most of us are still severely dehydrated.
3. Manuka Honey for hyperpigmentation. My holy grail. It's a natural antiseptic so it will help clear up current blemishes too! I add some turmeric spice to it too and make a face mask out of it!
4. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it's sensitive.. Jojoba oil makes me break out. Supposedly non-comedogenic, but something about my face HATES it and causes little bumps all over.
5. Getting rid of wheat in my diet (an intolerance I've had since a child) has severely helped as well.
You just have to make sure that your body is completely healthy, otherwise how could your skin possibly be healthy?
And that's my two cents on skin.
- Group Members
- Active Posts 89
- Profile Views 2,074
- Member Title O.G.
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday August 31
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, EVERYTHING BUT MATH. :)
I want to try and see pretty much everything!
There are no status updates to display