It took me about 3-4 days to realize I was not getting any new ones. After 1 week, I knew my back had stopped getting new ones. After 2 weeks, my back was clear (of even little small ones). But the cysts went away fast.
So 1-2 weeks to get rid of the acne, and then a few months to get rid of the scarring. I stil; have hyperpigmentation scars and I've been on the magnesium since mid-October. So... But then again, my back acne was pretty severe. I was offered Accutane and declined.
I also did not mention it, but it helped with my chest acne too. My chest acne was mild though. Nothing major. But it still got rid of it.
I have also been clear from my regimen, and sometimes I feel like I can do whatever the hell I want now that I am clear. lol But do not let this fool you!! Stick with it because it is in the end, healthier for you.
The fact that you been off of milk is great. A lot of people are intolerant to it, including myself. Why go back? Especially when there are many dairy free alternatives?
As for the foods that have been known to cause acne,... you mean junk? haha.. Perhaps they are not dairy based? But if it is junk, it is ..well.. junk.... It's yucky stuff to have in your body, mrfitnessguy.
I personally think they would break you out. Even my friends who never suffered with acne broke out with those types of supplements. Try a nut based one if you are not allergic. I like hemp protein and brown rice. Try to stay away from soy protein powders too.
Hi I'm 27/f and suffering from adult acne. I'm on different meds but since they aren't really helping I'm experimenting with my diet, I've noticed that eating plenty of vegetables/salad/oily fish/fruit (in moderation really does help calm down my skin and that I heal faster/breakout less. It makes what I eat a bit boring and repetitive but it's worth it I suppose.
Now the problem is that at breakfast I don't know what to eat! I usually eat shredded wheat and bananas but I just read that both wheat and bananas can trigger breakouts
I was wondering whether oats are a better option (porridge/oatibix) and with berries instead of banana?
Also people have told me drinking probiotics (friendly bacteria yogurt) helps acne but I've cut out dairy as its supposed to be bad. I'm so confused?
When I changed my diet, figuring out what to eat and making time to cook/prepare my own foods was a real challenge. Luckily, I am half Korean so I am not limited in choices when it comes to my diet. The standard American diet is ridiculous.
Here are some breakfast ideas:
1) Green smoothie. I do hemp protein, almond milk (I make my own. all natural), 1 mango, 1 banana, strawberries, and blueberries (frozen). An actual green smoothie I make is kale, lettuce/spinach, 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 banana, and water. But look up recipes !
I always thought fruit contributed to my acne. It didn't. But who knows for you. The only fruit that gives me cystic acne is oranges. And that seems to be common around here. Even orange juice without pulp (organic) with NOTHING added in it breaks me out bad.
2) Oatmeal! I am not gluten free, but I like the gluten free oatmeal. Still tastes the same. I like to add dried fruits, nuts, cinnamon, and apples in mine.
3) Ham and egg sandwhich. I use ezikiel (spelling?) bread. But any healthy bread will do.
4) FRUITS! bunch of them... Usually watery fruits like watermelon and canteloupe are great in the summer time. I don't know about the winder time, how you feel about it...
6) Bread and avocado if you like it. I hate it... so I just go with an organic jam. I use Friordifrutta brand. Just don't get that garbage at regular supermarkets. By ones like these where it's just the fruit.
7) Omlette. Well, I guess it's not really an omlette? Eggs with vegetables (spinach, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms,...whate ver you like. no cheese.)
8) Baked sweet potato. Yum. I buy the japanese kinds.
9) Sometimes I eat leftover soups.
Aaand..... I used to buy probiotics, but I do not anymore because my multivitamin (garden of life) has it. Plus, it is dairy free. You can buy dairy free probiotics. Just like you can get water kefir instead of dairy kefir. As for the fruit question, you just have to figure out what works for you. I had cut so much out, even random things like nightshade vegetables... but.. lol they caused no harm to me. I eat them all the time after I got over the fact that we are all different and I can not cut all of these delicious healthy items out of my diet.