Hello all. The name is thereisalwayshope. That is not my real name of course, but it is the name I try and live by.
My story: I started getting acne roughly 4 years ago and it has been a never ending roller-coaster. Here are just some of the things I have tried to get some control of my acne.
- Turmeric mask = did not help
- Aspirin mask = helped very minimally
- Tea Tree oil = did not help
- Sulfer treatments = minimal
- Benzoyl Peroxide, 2% 5% 10% = keeps me 85% clear
- Vitamins = moderately helps
- Dairy free = did not help
- Gluten free = did not help
- Birth control = unknown
Those are just off the top of my head. So after many trips to the Dermatologist and normal blood work I decided to go on Accutane. I am however, under doctor advice still using BP for my skin because it is helping keep additional scars and acne at bay. I will stop BP altogether at about month 3.5 or so. I will play it by ear!
My dose is 30mg twice a day. My first dose was yesterday evening. I hope to keep this log updated with my progress.