Hey guys time for an update. The vitamin a just doesn't cut it. I tried taking 30,000iu a day and it felt like it had the effectiveness of about 1-2mg of accutane - it's that weak. That is more vitamin a than I'd like to take, and it doesn't have good enough results. So I'm back on accutane. This time I'm taking a 10mg pill every other day, which averages out to 5mg a day. This is enough to keep my face looking decent without having toxicity. If I take 5mg a day for 4 years, that will be the same amount as if I took 40mg a day for 6 months. That is less than a standard course of accutane, so I should be fine. And it's better than the ~100,000iu of vitamin a I would have to take for similar results.
So that's what I'm doing for the foreseeable future. If I happen to find something else I may start doing that instead...I've always been curious how I'd react to a little bit of spiro...and I don't know if I mentioned it before but here's everything I'm doing for acne, it's not just accutane:
- Diet - Rarely eat dairy, eat wheat once per day at most, never eat dessert, candy, soda, etc, never drink anything besides water. I mostly eat chicken, fish, turkey, beef, peanut butter, fruit, and vegetables.
- Supplements - Tried a lot but now I only use probiotics(these help me A LOT), and sometimes zinc(I've taken it for so long, I don't think I need it anymore).
- Topicals - I only use a knockoff version of cetaphil's gentle cleanser(exactly the same ingredients) 3x a day. And in the shower I just rinse my face for a second.
- Accutane - 10mg every other day.
- And DON'T PICK AT YOUR FACE. I try to only pick if there's a whitehead that looks so easy that I basically just have to drain it, not "pop" it. Picking is a bad habit that I still struggle with sometimes, but some of you will be amazed with how good you look if you don't pick for a few days.
That's all I do to be 95% clear. The accutane reduces oil, clogged pores, and some inflammation, the probiotics get rid of most of the inflammation, the cleanser just cleans the oil from the outside of my face, and my diet and not picking just serve to not make my face worse. The accutane and probiotics are definitely the most important things in my regimen.
That's all the advice I have to give, and I don't see the need to update any more since I found a regimen that works for me. If anyone has any questions you can ask here and I'll see it sometime, or you can pm me and I'll see it right away.