I've had different types of acne - basic whitehead, deep cyst, pustule.
Recently have been treated to something slightly different:
- Itches before arriving! (This is the weirdest part for me)
- Occurs on lower half of cheek
- Looks like a pustule, but is wide, full, yet flat, and deep. Not possible to squeeze, even months after it emerges
- Looks greyish under the skin
My reading has suggested this is some kind of hormonal acne. It first showed up last May, when I tried to quit smoking using nicotine patches and gum*. I was also under tremendous stress from work and daily arguing with my ex.
The hormonal acne I was used to having was the kind that's *sore*, quite deep, red, no head (cystic).
Could this have been instigated by some different kind of bacteria, in combination with stress triggers?
*please don't quibble with this, was advised by my doc and works
gemmaleeMember Since 15 Apr 2010
Offline Last Active Aug 20 2011 11:15 PM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 8
- Profile Views 1,050
- Member Title New Member
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown