This topic is archived.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Shake Off the Dust Arise

Shake Off the Dust Arise

MAHAMUDRA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Art is not a crime. Graffiti, graf stickers, hip hop, classical music. Mozart, UB40, Sports, Basketball. All the young ladies out there.=D<br /><br />Blank walls are for blank minds. 4:20

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:57 PM

Im 17 male.
I have been taking 30mg of Zinc for a few moths and had minor results.
CAN I TAKE MORE??

Mary Jane invades my brain now I can't complain
I'm sayin what else is there to do besides relax
Let the problems in your mind become ancient artifacts
Perhaps these raps can help you alleviate
The things that's got you trippin you watch me demonstrate
First you ignore the nonsense and clear your conscience
Let your pen touch the paper write verbs and consonants
As the words become a sentence you start to feelin different
The stress is out your mind you feel like the weight was lifted Terrific
I'm glad we had this time to discuss
I'm outro call me if you want to blaze one up

#2 Lucinda

Lucinda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me
  • Interests:Music (who doesnt like music?!?), going to the pub, walking in the countryside, reading, dancing (when no ones watching lol), Ice Skating, BSL Sign Language, cooking!! mmm food, laughing and making people smile! and of course...learning new things.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:21 PM

Do a search for Zinc and read up on it. There are plently of old posts about this.
I take 30mg. It is strongly recomended that you do not take more then 50mg.

*~*Now engaged to Calibos*~*
Lucinda's Roaccutane Log. (Starting 06.06.06)

AM
- Wash with Wheatgerm Cleanser
- Apply mandelic to whole face
- Apply a drop of Emu oil (if needed)
PM
- Wash with Wheatgerm Cleanser
- Apply emulsion of CP Serum and Emu Oil.

"Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti"

#3 Guest_Soulcailburx_*

Guest_Soulcailburx_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38

Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:43 AM

I'm 15 and I take 100 mg per day... lmfao... i'm serious... lol they say taking to much can be toxic for your body... but I think i'm taking a good amount biggrin.gif cause i'm never sick anymore

#4 Dami4n

Dami4n

Official Lazy Moderator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Music* : Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, CaryBrothers, Beach Boys, Thrice, Dashboard Confessional, Matchbook Romance &lt;3, Aerosmith, Jackson 5, Yellowcard, Vertical Horizon, Snow Patrol, Sugarcult, The Spill Canvas, Secondhand Serenade, Nikola Sarcevic, KissChasy.<br /><br />*Spending time with the people i love &lt;3

Posted 28 May 2006 - 03:52 AM

100mgs of zinc is ur bodys maximum a day
and thats what r getting from 1tablet
so if you eat anything containing zinc in your day (which you wil)
then your OD'ing on zinc and tats bad
My Regimen:

Only at Night :
  • Do the Dip Regimen
  • Wash Face with Acne Medicated soap after dip regimen
DKR User Since Jan 2oo6

#5 Apple_Blossem

Apple_Blossem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Health, Diet, Animals, Travel, Languages (fluent in French - well, I can get by, LOL), Composing Music on my piano and playing the piano, Dance &amp; Competition, Ballet en Pointe, History (seeing historical sites, rather), studying, Taking Walks, Drawing, Spirituality... etc

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:22 AM

I did the zinc. It made me queezy sometimes and I saw very very small results.

Do the vitamin b5 cure... That stopped the acne in 3 days. Not one clogged pore. No side effects.

The only set back was that I couldnt miss a day because my pores would start producing oil again. I did FULL-BODY, hormone balancing acupuncture... and within a week, i noticed a difference. I had severe oil-problems before. My mom thought i had a disease... and called me a duck...she said I could problably float because of all the oil I produced tongue.gif.

I did acupuncture 9 times, and My skin is parfect. Not one blackhead, whitehead, clogged pore, infection.

Remember, its NOT Ear-acpuncture tongue.gif. Its Full-body, hormone balancing acpuncture (by a registered acupuncturist).

I used the b5 cure... and lowered my dose of that each time i had an acpunture treatment. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
What are we being fed??

This year, the FDA decided that "cancerous growths and pus-filled lesions" would not be removed from animal carcases because they pose no immedate health risk to humans.

In a recent study, the FDA stated that up to 15% of factory-farmed animals have bodies riddled with cancerous tumors. Up to 30% of animals had internal and external cysts and running infections that were larger than 20cm because of lack of vetrinary care. Factory farms hold 20,000-60,000 cows, pigs or chickens in one warehouse at any one time. 10% of Factory farmed animals are in such poor health that they cannot walk to the slaughter house and must be dragged with chains and ropes.

Is it really health to eat sick animals all the time?

If you would like to know more about your food in a 10 minute free movie, go to:
*Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

#6 itsmylife

itsmylife

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:36 AM

Special Things to take note for Zinc Acne Treatment - to use Zinc to treat Acne effectively

1. The zinc supplements you purchase need to contain the following minimum amount of zinc per capsule.

At least 30mg of elemental zinc.

This is simply because that only a small amount of zinc is being absorbed into the body in each capsule.

2. The zinc supplements you purchase MUST NOT contain Iron, Calcium or Copper.

It is a scientific fact that these three minerals Iron, Calcium or Copper are completing minerals for zinc. If you take zinc supplements together with them (if the zinc capsules you buy got contain any one of the above minerals), you will be as good as not taking and absorbing the zinc into your body.

You may have read on some online forums that to prevent overdose on zinc, it is recommended that the zinc capsules got contain a small amount of copper.

I beg to differ. Why?

Think about it. Only a small amount of zinc from the zinc capsules that you take is being absorbed into the body.

Add to that, most foods that you eat already contain Iron and Calcium. Also, most of the pipes that are used to transport our water supplies are made of copper. So, some copper may have dissolved in the water that we drink. As a result, when buying your zinc supplements, there is absolutely no need to buy ones that contain the above three minerals.

3. Take your zinc capsules at least 2 hours before or after meals.

Some of you may experience some physical discomforts when taking zinc on an empty stomach. But for my case, I didn't feel uncomfortable physically when I take my zinc capsule about 2 hours after dinner. I did not have any supper after that.

The rationale behind it is simple. As stated above, most foods contain either Iron or Calcium. By taking zinc supplements just before food or immediately after food will decrease zinc absorptions.

4. Buy your zinc supplements in either of this two forms,Zinc Gluconate OR Opti-Zinc (Zinc Monomethionine). If possible, buy the Opti-zinc form.

Zinc supplements come in a variety of different forms. For example, chelated zinc, zinc oxide, zinc citrate, zinc picolinate, zinc acetate, zinc gluconate or Opti-zinc.

If you go around fishing or searching the blogs, websites and online forums on zinc acne treatments, you will find and discovered that quite a lot of people have significant positive results when taking Opti-zinc supplements.

5. Avoid foods that contain phytic acid. Some examples of phytic acid include whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds.

I shall go into too much or complicated explanations of what Phytic acid is or the scientific reasons of why Phytic acid reduce zinc absorptions.

A brief explanation for what Phytic acid is or why it reduces zinc absorptions is as shown below.

Generally speaking, Phytic acid is the principal storage form of phosphorus in many plant tissues, especially bran and seeds. That's all acne sufferers need to know about Phytic acid, you are searching for a cure for acne, not preparing or writing a thesis on Phytic acid.

Phytic acid forms a highly insoluble complex with zinc which the body cannot absorb, so that is basically the reason why Phytic acid reduces zinc absorptions.

Some food that contains Phytic acid are whole grain breads, whole grain cereals, bran, cereals and legumes.

Fortunately, cooking processes can reduce the adverse effects of both phytic acid and dietary fibre on zinc absorption. For example, baking can destroy over half the phytic acid in whole meal bread.

Alternatively, type "Food Sources of Phytic Acid" into the search engines, without the " ". The first few result usually got provide information on some other dietary sources of Phytic Acid.

6. Buy a bottle of zinc supplements that contain around 60 capsules and not too much.

Although as you went around searching the Internet on zinc supplements as a possible substitute to antibiotics, and find out that there is a lot of positive testimonials on the various online forums, blogs and websites.

There still exist a certain probability that zinc therapy doesn't work or did not provide much significant relief for your acne.

So, it is better that you don't buy a bottle with more than 180 capsules in case zinc therapy does not work for you.

After you test out zinc supplements for at least 1 month, during the period of that one month, you confirm that zinc supplements got provide significant relief for your acne. Then you can buy in volume of 120 capsules and above to save money.

7. Avoid buying zinc supplements in the multivitamins form.

Look at the ingredients amount on the label of the multivitamins that you intend to buy. The amount of elemental zinc is very little and usually contain Iron and Calcium.

While some other vitamins and minerals are good for general health, they does little to nothing in the relief of acne. I use the example of a common vitamin to illustrates my idea that I trying to bring across.

For example, vitamin D is good for health generally, but does nothing for acne even if you eat tons of it every day. Moreover, you can get sufficient supplies of vitamin D from your usual food sources. So there is no need for you to buy vitamin D specifically or in multivitamins form.

Conserve your financial resources for some substances that provide greater marginal benefit for your acne.

8. Do not take more than 100mg of elemental zinc per day.

Mega dosing too much on any of the vitamins or minerals is always not good for your body. Unlike vitamin B5, you do not need to mega dose until 1g or 2g per day in order for you to see results.

For zinc acne treatments, around at most near to but below 100mg of elemental zinc per day is all you need for you to see results if there is.

Of course not everyone acne condition will respond to zinc. Even some percentage of acne people does not respond to antibiotics and need to be on Accutane. For those that are on Accutane, even got a small percentage of them, their acne does not respond to Accutane treatment.

9. The zinc co-factor mentioned by Leo Keisen in the ebook that he is trying to sell is actually Omega 3 essential fatty acids, particularly Fish Oil.

The Leo Keisen ebook is defintely not worth buying, you need to spends hundreds of dollars per month on some health supplements. He purposely avoids telling people what the zinc co-factor is so that when people achieve some significant results with zinc supplements, they believe in what he said and then buy his ebook.

This is his website that talks about zinc and that it needs a co-factor to provide greater relief for acne, http://www.natural-a.../zinc-acne.html, I sure most of us have come across this ebook and some have buy.

10. Avoids taking zinc supplements when you are on a course of antibiotics.

I read from somewhere that zinc supplements may decrease the effectiveness of antibiotics. I not too sure about this maybe someone can shed more light on this matter.

Anyway if you are on some antibiotics courses, you most likely have a high level of relief from acne. As a result, you do not need to take any other supplements.

The acne bacteria does not become resistant to the antibiotics that you are taking overnight, if the particular antibiotics that you are taking can still provide relief from cystic acne, then you should continue to let your doctor prescribe you that. I mean even if you got some small pimples occasionally here and there after one year of taking that antibiotics.

After maybe one year of taking that antibiotics, you will noticed that the antibiotics is getting less and less effective. But as long as you are free of cystic acne most of the time, you should continue to take that antibiotics instead of changing to a new type of antibiotics. Maybe you start getting some small pimples here and there occasionally, you can use fish oil to supplement instead of zinc as stated above.

More information on Fish Oil,

http://www.acne.org/...ad-t141574.html

11. Test your zinc supplements for a period of at least one or two months.

After taking note of the above things, you must at least consistently take the zinc supplements for a period of one month. Even antibiotics or Accutane does not make your acne disappear overnight.

To give zinc supplements a fair judgment, you need to mega dose a bit at first but still below below the maximum allowable safety limits of around 100mg of elemental zinc per day.

I mean at least mega dose consistently within the safety limits for the first month and if it produces results, then depending on the degree of relief from acne, you can reduces the dosage but in the first month that you try zinc supplements, you must at least consistently take the zinc supplements.

Do not take one or two pills today and then take another pill a few days later, during the testing, you must at least consistently take some pills each day. Otherwise if zinc can be effective substitute to antibiotics for your case and you incorrectly conclude that zinc doesn't work for you as a result of the above mentioned things, then you are selling yourself short.

Taken from here, http://www.squidoo.com/zincacne/.

#7 LivesInABox

LivesInABox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:09 AM

Thats pretty good info on zinc - just a few things though

Most zinc supplements don't supply 30mg of elemental zinc. Usually they supply a small amount (5mg) or the EU/US rda (15mg). So you'll probably see Zinc Citrate 50mg (which roughly gives you 15mg of elemental zinc). Some supplements don't tell you how much elemental zinc your getting, some label it just as zinc. Be very careful and read the label carefully as it's very confusing!

Also Zinc picolinate seems to be the better absorbed form of zinc
Zinc picolinate is one of the most bioavailable forms (10), but one of the best ways to increase zinc absorption in any form is to eat it with a large amount of meat or whey protein (casein may inhibit absorption), and this may prevent the inhibitory effect phytates normally have on zinc absorption (6). Although calcium, iron, and copper can all interfere with zinc absorption, studies in human adults confirm that this only happens when the ratio between the two elements is very uneven (6).

The recommendations for daily intake vary between 12-15 mg per day for men or 8-12 mg for women, and the UL (tolerable upper intake) is 40 mg. A low dose zinc supplement should be all that is needed to prevent a deficiency, although up to 30 mg is commonly taken with relative safety. The most important concern with zinc supplementation is the possibility of copper deficiency (11), and if you choose to use high doses of zinc (40 mg+ per day) the general recommendation is an extra 100 mcg of copper for each 10 mg of zinc.

A lot of people struggle to ingest Zinc without food though, so just be careful what foods you take it with. Pretty good zinc info overall though - good find smile.gif
?tnarelotni esotcurF uoy erA

After all, man is not what he eats, but what he can digest and assimilate. And i can't assimilate much fructose at all!

#8 acnevy

acnevy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:42 AM

id say 50 mg, can't go wrong with that id say. 100mg, im alright with that too, w/e
it's what you make of it. if you think acne is shitty, it will be shitty for you. if you think acne a blessing in disguise that will change your outlook, personalities, and habits for the better, then it will be.

some personal pointers:

-the only thing that makes ME (not you perhaps) is chocolate, milk, soy milk, yogurt, and ice cream.
-eat healthy and be happy. a good diet takes months, if not years, to develop. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT. so keep at it and it'll pay off in the long run.

-a bad attitude makes it that much worse for you. you can't change acne overnight, so might as well enjoy it as much as you can. (it's a twisted, positive way of thinking, but hey it's better than your negative thoughts.)

----------------------------------------

-jojoba oil whenever i feel like it
-st. ives apricot scrub 1x/week and tea tree oil cleanser 3x/week
that's it!

status: clear, with some scars that won't budge, overall i'm content. i'm 21 and i pretty much have outgrown it.

#9 jodiat

jodiat

Unwavering Protector

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Loving a Princess.

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:51 AM

50-100mg is good. Ive upped mine to 100 and found it beneficial at controling hormones and cystic acne.
My only wish to breed I explode into a million seeds...

I found my fiancee on the org.

A Star that I will always serve, protect and love. I found her in the darkness and together we made light from our shadows.

#10 Warne

Warne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

I've heard one should not take it more than 100mg a day. Here is some information about Zinc Picolinate:

Zinc Picolinate necessary for proper action of many body hormones, including sex hormones and proper fetal development. Zinc Picolinate is suggested for Individuals who desire immune support during the winter months, those with persistent wounds, Smokers and those exposed to second-hand smoke, those interested in boosting immunity, those interesting in combating acne may all benefit from Zinc Picolinate.
There is evidence that zinc may be a component of other hormones in addition to insulin, and that it is involved in cell membrane health. Surgeons have recognized the importance of zinc in wound healing - and studies show that zinc reduces infections as well.
The research has also shown that the preferred way to increase zinc absorption is not to add picolinic acid to the diet, but to take Zinc Picolinate supplements.

#11 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(itsmylife @ Aug 4 2007, 01:36 AM) View Post
Special Things to take note for Zinc Acne Treatment - to use Zinc to treat Acne effectively

1. The zinc supplements you purchase need to contain the following minimum amount of zinc per capsule.

At least 30mg of elemental zinc.

This is simply because that only a small amount of zinc is being absorbed into the body in each capsule.

2. The zinc supplements you purchase MUST NOT contain Iron, Calcium or Copper.

It is a scientific fact that these three minerals Iron, Calcium or Copper are completing minerals for zinc. If you take zinc supplements together with them (if the zinc capsules you buy got contain any one of the above minerals), you will be as good as not taking and absorbing the zinc into your body.

You may have read on some online forums that to prevent overdose on zinc, it is recommended that the zinc capsules got contain a small amount of copper.

I beg to differ. Why?

Think about it. Only a small amount of zinc from the zinc capsules that you take is being absorbed into the body.

Add to that, most foods that you eat already contain Iron and Calcium. Also, most of the pipes that are used to transport our water supplies are made of copper. So, some copper may have dissolved in the water that we drink. As a result, when buying your zinc supplements, there is absolutely no need to buy ones that contain the above three minerals.

3. Take your zinc capsules at least 2 hours before or after meals.

Some of you may experience some physical discomforts when taking zinc on an empty stomach. But for my case, I didn't feel uncomfortable physically when I take my zinc capsule about 2 hours after dinner. I did not have any supper after that.

The rationale behind it is simple. As stated above, most foods contain either Iron or Calcium. By taking zinc supplements just before food or immediately after food will decrease zinc absorptions.

4. Buy your zinc supplements in either of this two forms,Zinc Gluconate OR Opti-Zinc (Zinc Monomethionine). If possible, buy the Opti-zinc form.

Zinc supplements come in a variety of different forms. For example, chelated zinc, zinc oxide, zinc citrate, zinc picolinate, zinc acetate, zinc gluconate or Opti-zinc.

If you go around fishing or searching the blogs, websites and online forums on zinc acne treatments, you will find and discovered that quite a lot of people have significant positive results when taking Opti-zinc supplements.

5. Avoid foods that contain phytic acid. Some examples of phytic acid include whole grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds.

I shall go into too much or complicated explanations of what Phytic acid is or the scientific reasons of why Phytic acid reduce zinc absorptions.

A brief explanation for what Phytic acid is or why it reduces zinc absorptions is as shown below.

Generally speaking, Phytic acid is the principal storage form of phosphorus in many plant tissues, especially bran and seeds. That's all acne sufferers need to know about Phytic acid, you are searching for a cure for acne, not preparing or writing a thesis on Phytic acid.

Phytic acid forms a highly insoluble complex with zinc which the body cannot absorb, so that is basically the reason why Phytic acid reduces zinc absorptions.

Some food that contains Phytic acid are whole grain breads, whole grain cereals, bran, cereals and legumes.

Fortunately, cooking processes can reduce the adverse effects of both phytic acid and dietary fibre on zinc absorption. For example, baking can destroy over half the phytic acid in whole meal bread.

Alternatively, type "Food Sources of Phytic Acid" into the search engines, without the " ". The first few result usually got provide information on some other dietary sources of Phytic Acid.

6. Buy a bottle of zinc supplements that contain around 60 capsules and not too much.

Although as you went around searching the Internet on zinc supplements as a possible substitute to antibiotics, and find out that there is a lot of positive testimonials on the various online forums, blogs and websites.

There still exist a certain probability that zinc therapy doesn't work or did not provide much significant relief for your acne.

So, it is better that you don't buy a bottle with more than 180 capsules in case zinc therapy does not work for you.

After you test out zinc supplements for at least 1 month, during the period of that one month, you confirm that zinc supplements got provide significant relief for your acne. Then you can buy in volume of 120 capsules and above to save money.

7. Avoid buying zinc supplements in the multivitamins form.

Look at the ingredients amount on the label of the multivitamins that you intend to buy. The amount of elemental zinc is very little and usually contain Iron and Calcium.

While some other vitamins and minerals are good for general health, they does little to nothing in the relief of acne. I use the example of a common vitamin to illustrates my idea that I trying to bring across.

For example, vitamin D is good for health generally, but does nothing for acne even if you eat tons of it every day. Moreover, you can get sufficient supplies of vitamin D from your usual food sources. So there is no need for you to buy vitamin D specifically or in multivitamins form.

Conserve your financial resources for some substances that provide greater marginal benefit for your acne.

8. Do not take more than 100mg of elemental zinc per day.

Mega dosing too much on any of the vitamins or minerals is always not good for your body. Unlike vitamin B5, you do not need to mega dose until 1g or 2g per day in order for you to see results.

For zinc acne treatments, around at most near to but below 100mg of elemental zinc per day is all you need for you to see results if there is.

Of course not everyone acne condition will respond to zinc. Even some percentage of acne people does not respond to antibiotics and need to be on Accutane. For those that are on Accutane, even got a small percentage of them, their acne does not respond to Accutane treatment.

Taken from here, http://www.squidoo.com/zincacne/.

hmm I thought you were supposed to take zinc WITH meals. Ive been taking it every morning with my breakfast
My regimen changed (starting 5/16/09) and I am not a happy camper

AM regimen
Wash face and chest with Kaiser 5% bp wash
Moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Apply Estee Lauder Future Perfect Eye Cream
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Remove make up with desert esscence jojoba oil using cotton balls
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Apply Differin to face and chest
Wait to dry and moisturize with face reality skincare cranberry cream
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#12 justlam_

justlam_

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:12 AM

wat if mine contains dicalcium phosphate? is that da same as calcium?

#13 Jen121

Jen121

Jen121

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:14 AM

Yes Molly, you are. I wouldn't dare take mine on an empty stomach. I took it with food and almost threw up eusa_sick.gif I can't imagine how much worse it would be without.
What I'm using:
Dan's cleanser
Dan's lotion
Tazorac 0.05%

Supplements I'm taking:

Fish oil
Saw palmetto
Taurine
Zinc
Vitamin A/E/D
Yaz bc

What I'm eating:

Paleo Diet AKA Caveman

All fruits, veggies (no potatoes, peas, corn), nuts and seeds (no cashews or peanuts) and protein (fish, chicken, eggs)

Everyday Staples: Apples (i love) Big green salad, carrots, nuts (pecan, almond, or walnut)

Absolutely no: legumes, wheat, grains, dairy, sugar, salt, red meats, or coffee

** SoMeTiMeS YoU HaVe To Go ThrOuGh tHe RaiN tO Get To tHe SuNsHiNe **

#14 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Dancing, feline rescue volunteering, music

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

60-100 mg is what I've taken over the past year or so. Most of the research that has shown zinc to help acne has used fairly high dosages of zinc (up to 145 mg, but I wouldn't recommend doing something quite that high). Reading over the different studies, it did seem like higher doses generally got better effects.

One word of caution with OptiZinc: This is a really good form zinc to take, but make sure you buy the Source Naturals OptiZinc and NOT the Soloray Optizinc. The Soloray brand has iodine in it (in the form of kelp), and iodine can cause substantial acne flares. The formulation of zinc that is called OptiZinc is patented, but different companies can buy the formulation and sell it. It confused me at first, and I didn't even know more than one company used it.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#15 justlam_

justlam_

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(justlam_ @ Aug 18 2007, 12:12 AM) View Post
wat if mine contains dicalcium phosphate? is that da same as calcium?

so shud i continue eating mine or not? plz help

#16 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:58 AM

i'm up to 300 mg zinc citrate (so i'm guessing ~ 100 mg elemental zinc) per day, i definitely notice an improvement in healing

#17 acne_battle

acne_battle

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(willow569 @ Aug 18 2007, 09:46 AM) View Post
60-100 mg is what I've taken over the past year or so. Most of the research that has shown zinc to help acne has used fairly high dosages of zinc (up to 145 mg, but I wouldn't recommend doing something quite that high). Reading over the different studies, it did seem like higher doses generally got better effects.

One word of caution with OptiZinc: This is a really good form zinc to take, but make sure you buy the Source Naturals OptiZinc and NOT the Soloray Optizinc. The Soloray brand has iodine in it (in the form of kelp), and iodine can cause substantial acne flares. The formulation of zinc that is called OptiZinc is patented, but different companies can buy the formulation and sell it. It confused me at first, and I didn't even know more than one company used it.

Im scared to take more than one of those zinc supplements you gave me Kim. It says on the bottle to only take one.

AM regimen
Apply make up, blush, finishing powder, MAC moisture cover to dark underyeye circles
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
starting evening of May 28, 2009, I wash my face with Face Reality Skincare Sensitive Skin Gel Cleanser at night time only
Pop a doxycycline

Foundation- MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC20 or MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NW15, apply a MAC blush, apply MAC prep and prime finishing powder

Anyone who has a problem zit thats having a hard time healing, try this and let me know if it helped you. Mix one tablespoon of sea salt with three tablespoons of warm water, apply to a cotton ball or a paper towel. Apply to the zit for ten to fifteen minutes, and then wash it off.

#18 Cyph31

Cyph31

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

fish oil pill supplement bottles advise you to usually take 3-4 pills daily, do you think this is enough ? probably not, will you see better results with more ? definitely

#19 acne_battle

acne_battle

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE(Cyph31 @ Aug 19 2007, 10:08 AM) View Post
fish oil pill supplement bottles advise you to usually take 3-4 pills daily, do you think this is enough ? probably not, will you see better results with more ? definitely

3-4 Fish oil supplements seems like enough to me.

AM regimen
Pop a doxycycline

PM regimen
Pop a doxycycline

#20 justlam_

justlam_

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

omg. u niggas. answer my question plz eusa_dance.gif