Photo

(NAC) N-acetylcysteine.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#21 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Btw, I just bought:

1) N-A-C

2) Alpha Lipoic Acid

3) Vitamin E

4) Selenium

Let's see how this goes against cystic acne.

Currently this is my current stack:

1) DIM

2) Calcium D-Glucarate

3) Probiotics

4) Digestive Enzymes

NAC side effects are not very common, but with long term use they become more likely. Here's one study: http://articles.merc...of-trouble.aspx

This is based on the side effects that mice experienced when taking NAC, it hasn't been studied on humans yet. But this is a scary prospect. 

Also, detox supplements need to be rotated (e.g. 2-4 weeks on milk thistle, then NAC, then something else like l-glutathione or selenium) because your body might get used to them and they tend to not work as well after that time period. That's what a naturopath told me, and I noticed it myself when taking l-glutathione. at first, it worked really well, but when I was taking it every day it lost its effectiveness until I took a break from it. 

I personally try to avoid herbal detoxifiers, like milk thistle, because they raise my histamines. I had a terrible detox/allergic reaction to milk thistle, and I was taking the recommended dosage, not megadosing. I never had an adverse reaction to glutathione or selenium, and I haven't tried NAC yet because right now I'm fine with just digestive enzymes and the occasional probiotic. 

Edited by WishClean, 04 October 2013 - 06:31 PM.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **