Photo

Cigarettes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#1 e-lina

e-lina

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:09 AM

I've been a smoker for 3-4 years now. I usually smoke from a pack and a pack-and-a-half a day now. Are there any relations between smoking and acne?

P.S. I do, indeed, need to cut down.

#2 Dami4n

Dami4n

Official Lazy Moderator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:30 AM

http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=97602
check that thread out
i voice my opinions in there hehe
My Regimen:

Only at Night :
  • Do the Dip Regimen
  • Wash Face with Acne Medicated soap after dip regimen
DKR User Since Jan 2oo6

#3 Lucinda

Lucinda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:28 PM

I gave up smoking (cigarettes and weed) a year ago and have noticed no difference in my skin.

Although I'm sure my general health has improved a ton smile.gif

*~*Now engaged to Calibos*~*
Lucinda's Roaccutane Log. (Starting 06.06.06)

AM
- Wash with Wheatgerm Cleanser
- Apply mandelic to whole face
- Apply a drop of Emu oil (if needed)
PM
- Apply emulsion of CP Serum and Emu Oil.

"Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti"

#4 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:40 PM

It varies on a person to person basis, namely how strong your liver is in filtering out all the chemicals and free radicals into your system through smoking.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
hydrogen peroxide for occassional spot treatment.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#5 clubkid

clubkid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:35 PM

i dont think smoking contributes to acne so much as it just makes your skin seem dull and "sunken"...one of my friend's parents have smoked continually for over 20 years, and though they have no acne, their skin looks very thin, dry, and--well, DULL.

#6 sadsadsad

sadsadsad

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(Lucinda @ May 22 2006, 06:28 PM) View Post

I gave up smoking (cigarettes and weed) a year ago and have noticed no difference in my skin.

shock.gif OH HELL NO, at this I draw the line! Weed has at least made the journey funny....besides it's too late with my scars anyways!

#7 Dami4n

Dami4n

Official Lazy Moderator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 12
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE(sadsadsad @ May 23 2006, 03:48 AM) View Post

shock.gif OH HELL NO, at this I draw the line! Weed has at least made the journey funny....besides it's too late with my scars anyways!

aslong as its not breaking you out then its ur choice i gues
its jus a bit gay coz most peeps find weed actually makes their skin get worse
My Regimen:

Only at Night :
  • Do the Dip Regimen
  • Wash Face with Acne Medicated soap after dip regimen
DKR User Since Jan 2oo6

#8 Lucinda

Lucinda

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:07 AM

haha - I only did it for a ex boyfriend who couldn't stand smoking.

*~*Now engaged to Calibos*~*
Lucinda's Roaccutane Log. (Starting 06.06.06)

AM
- Apply mandelic to whole face
- Apply a drop of Emu oil (if needed)
PM
- Apply emulsion of CP Serum and Emu Oil.

"Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti"

#9 sadsadsad

sadsadsad

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE(Lucinda @ May 23 2006, 05:07 AM) View Post

haha - I only did it for a ex boyfriend who couldn't stand smoking.

I notice you said EX boyfriend, Good For YOU!!!

#10 Susan1967

Susan1967

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE(e-lina @ May 22 2006, 09:09 AM) View Post

I've been a smoker for 3-4 years now. I usually smoke from a pack and a pack-and-a-half a day now. Are there any relations between smoking and acne?

Acne or not, you should quit smoking because it's just plain bad for you AND everyone around you that have to breath in the second hand smoke. You've only been smoking for a few years so you should try to quit now because it only gets harder, the longer you are addicted.

QUOTE(sadsadsad @ May 22 2006, 07:48 PM) View Post

I think having a toke of maryjane now and again is slightly different than smoking a pack a day of tobacco cigarettes but that's just my opinion. I have a friend who started smoking pot a lot more when they found a good supplier and she noticed a strong correllation between getting high on a regular basis and her face breaking out bad -- and she doesn't even have acne.

#11 Elephant Max

Elephant Max

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:25 PM

rolleyes.gif
QUOTE(sadsadsad @ May 22 2006, 08:48 PM) View Post

#12 souvenir

souvenir

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:28 PM

It's hard to tell if there is a link between smoking and acne. I think that you generally will look better, less sweaty, better colour etc if you stop smoking.

#13 R.S.

R.S.

Senior Administrator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

My friend is a chain smoker. He goes through almost a pack a day. Anyways, his acne is pretty small and mostly around his mouth, but his skin itself is like paper. Rough, weird texture, dull. So I think cigarettes will only do harm in someone that's really acne proned, like me. That's why it varies on a person to person basis. I used to smoke and didn't break out from it, but now if I'm around smoke it'll put spots on my face.
topical:
tea tree oil soap.
qh mint julep mask.
hydrogen peroxide for occassional spot treatment.
shaving for exfoliation.
internally:
fish oil, 3g daily.

#14 sadsadsad

sadsadsad

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Susan1967 @ May 23 2006, 10:22 AM) View Post

Acne or not, you should quit smoking because it's just plain bad for you AND everyone around you that have to breath in the second hand smoke. You've only been smoking for a few years so you should try to quit now because it only gets harder, the longer you are addicted.

I think having a toke of maryjane now and again is slightly different than smoking a pack a day of tobacco cigarettes but that's just my opinion. I have a friend who started smoking pot a lot more when they found a good supplier and she noticed a strong correllation between getting high on a regular basis and her face breaking out bad -- and she doesn't even have acne.

Who's her supplier? Just kidding...Well I had cystic acne really bad before I ever smoked pot and I took accutane 5 years ago and no zits since.... I continue to smoke it because it helps me with anxiety ( so I don't see an acne-related reason to stop.) But that's just me.

QUOTE(Elephant Max @ May 23 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

rolleyes.gif

Elephant Max, did you want to contribute on this? I noticed you quoted me.....unless, of course, you only wanted to tell me AGAIN that I need a counselor and not a dermatologist....mean people suck, you know.

#15 Simply_Me

Simply_Me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:44 PM

sighz, i feel you, smokin pot is probably not the best solution but i cant help but to do it since i guess i'm so addicted since 5 years ago. i have scars too like most of the people here and i have a waiting period for the accutane to be totally out of my body to begin treatin my scars, so is it wrong to smoke weed n get high so time can fly by faster???

also i mean is there any link between getting stoned and your body's ability to heal its facial skin/scar?
I am scar free, today I feel beautiful and gorgeous for I have perfect skin once more, now and until forever. All of my scars have healed to the fullest extent.

#16 sadsadsad

sadsadsad

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE(Simply_Me @ May 23 2006, 10:44 PM) View Post

sighz, i feel you, smokin pot is probably not the best solution but i cant help but to do it since i guess i'm so addicted since 5 years ago. i have scars too like most of the people here and i have a waiting period for the accutane to be totally out of my body to begin treatin my scars, so is it wrong to smoke weed n get high so time can fly by faster???

also i mean is there any link between getting stoned and your body's ability to heal its facial skin/scar?

Probably. I don't even want to know if there is.

#17 Simply_Me

Simply_Me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

i actually want to know if there is a connection with smoking marijuana and healing scars?
I am scar free, today I feel beautiful and gorgeous for I have perfect skin once more, now and until forever. All of my scars have healed to the fullest extent.

#18 Redsquirrel

Redsquirrel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:40 PM

the past month i been smoking pot quite a bit. I have broke out quite badly this month.. but i also am on retin a. I dont know if its the weed or retin a.

I dont want to stop smoking pot, but im cutting down to see if it will do anything. I just dont see what it could really do.

#19 simpsin

simpsin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 May 2006 - 02:02 PM

My acne always seems to look worse when I am high, maybe just because i am a bit paranoid. I have cut down quite a bit (once or twice a week now) and my acne seems a little better, but I have also been on new meds. For me, it just seems to make it look worse at the time but I wake up the next morning and it isnt noticebly worse.

#20 S2000

S2000

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(sadsadsad @ May 23 2006, 07:54 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Susan1967 @ May 23 2006, 10:22 AM) View Post

Who's her supplier? Just kidding...Well I had cystic acne really bad before I ever smoked pot and I took accutane 5 years ago and no zits since.... I continue to smoke it because it helps me with anxiety ( so I don't see an acne-related reason to stop.) But that's just me.

QUOTE(Elephant Max @ May 23 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

rolleyes.gif

Elephant Max, did you want to contribute on this? I noticed you quoted me.....unless, of course, you only wanted to tell me AGAIN that I need a counselor and not a dermatologist....mean people suck, you know.

So you are here just for scars treatments ?? im off of accutane for 2 weeks and i was on it 60mg/day for 6 months. What was ur dosage and how long ?? hopefully i will be clear permanantly !!!!!